Americans Earning Six Figures Or More Pay Nearly 80% of Individual Income Taxes

And yet you say this and I quote

if they do downsize then that opens the market for more competition which is a good thing if our system can support small business growth

Seems like you can't even keep up with the shit you say
I'm keeping up just fine... You seem to have a hard time following. Try reading slower and learning a thing or two about economics.

Yeah you end your post with a statement on small business growth but you aren't talking about small business got it
I guess it is still going over your head... I'll try and make it real simple. You are advocating for a fair flat tax, but you fail to understand the purpose of taxation. It isn't a "pay to use" system. Taxation is how our treasury removes currency from the economy to balance spending and maintain a strong value for the dollar. The purpose of spending is to provide safety, security, and opportunity for its citizens. Most people agree that a strong middle class and small business class is the foundation of a strong economy. Because of this, taxation should not be aimed at the poor, middle, or small business classes. As new money enters the market it funnels up to the "owners" or the top % of earners. This creates a massive imbalance of wealth which is a problem on many levels (economically speaking) This is why it is both smart and fair to have a progressive tax plan aimed at removing currency by means of taxing that top % and not pulling from the pockets of our poor, middle class, and small businesses. I realize I am being repetitive but you are failing to show understanding so I'm trying to make it as easy as possible... get it now?

Condescending dick I don't need you to explain anything to me

Anyone who wants to can get a piece of that so called new money.

And if we are going to have a tax on an earned dollar then all those dollars should be treated exactly the same. There is no diminishing marginal utility of a dollar.

And under any flat tax plan the people making the most would still be paying the most the only difference is that the people getting a free ride will now have to pay their share. A progressive tax is patently unfair as it is never justified to take 40% of a portion of anyone's income
I don't like being condescending but after reading your comments on this thread it is very hard not to be. You don't know what you are talking about, it's pretty clear... I'll stop trying to explain, you can keep on thinking you are right if it helps you sleep at night.

The one and only legitimate purpose for taxes is to fund lawful government expenditures. We can argue what those expenditures should be but the tax code is not used merely to raise revenue to fund lawful government expenditures anymore. Instead it is used as a blunt tool wielded by ham handed bureaucrats to coerce certain behaviors and to enforce some arbitrary standard of "fairness"

The government should be in the business of treating everyone exactly the same under the law. Allowing some people not to pay income taxes is not doing that

We're done. You obviously have a poor grasp on the subject.

No you want to treat an earned dollar differently than any other taxable commodity.

We don't have increasing tax brackets for any other tax in this country income should not be treated differently

What you believe should be and what is are two different things. Thankfully we don't let lightweights like you make decisions for the rest of us.

So you can't give me a good reason not to treat all dollars the same got it
Thats easy, all dollars shouldn't be treated the same because all dollars aren't the same... a poor persons dollar gets spent and they never see it again. It might float around in the hands of a few but eventually it ends up in the hands of the top earners... There is a vacuum sucking our wealth into the hands of a few... Did they earn it? Yes. Does it justify holding them to a higher tax burden? Yes. Is it unfair. No Will they ever have to worry about the security of themselves or their family for the rest of their lives and their families lives? No.

All dollars are exactly the same. There is no diminishing marginal utility of a dollar.

A so called poor person spends a dollar and gets something of value for it. It does not disappear.

And there is no wealth sucking vacuum. Anyone can at anytime choose to make more money than they are making now. No wealthy person is stopping them

Anyone can at anytime choose to make more money than they are making now. No wealthy person is stopping them

Fucking horseshit. I told my wealthy boss one day I needed to make more money. He said no. My wealthy boss stopped me from making more money. How did that happen?

Hey, you take all your tax deductions and write offs? Or are you avoiding that question to.keep.from looking like a huge hypocrite?

We're done. You obviously have a poor grasp on the subject.

No you want to treat an earned dollar differently than any other taxable commodity.

We don't have increasing tax brackets for any other tax in this country income should not be treated differently

What you believe should be and what is are two different things. Thankfully we don't let lightweights like you make decisions for the rest of us.

So you can't give me a good reason not to treat all dollars the same got it
Thats easy, all dollars shouldn't be treated the same because all dollars aren't the same... a poor persons dollar gets spent and they never see it again. It might float around in the hands of a few but eventually it ends up in the hands of the top earners... There is a vacuum sucking our wealth into the hands of a few... Did they earn it? Yes. Does it justify holding them to a higher tax burden? Yes. Is it unfair. No Will they ever have to worry about the security of themselves or their family for the rest of their lives and their families lives? No.

All dollars are exactly the same. There is no diminishing marginal utility of a dollar.

A so called poor person spends a dollar and gets something of value for it. It does not disappear.

And there is no wealth sucking vacuum. Anyone can at anytime choose to make more money than they are making now. No wealthy person is stopping them
This statement of yours shows your lack of understanding of how our economy works. Time for you to do some homework if you want to be part of the discussion

Anyone can at anytime choose to make more money than they are making now. No wealthy person is stopping them

Fucking horseshit. I told my wealthy boss one day I needed to make more money. He said no. My wealthy boss stopped me from making more money. How did that happen?

Hey, you take all your tax deductions and write offs? Or are you avoiding that question to.keep.from looking like a huge hypocrite?

So you are completely incapable of getting a part time job?
You are completely incapable of starting a side business?

Actually I shouldn't be asking those question

You have just proven you are completely incapable

Forum List

Back