American tourist being sued by Germany police for calling them ‘Nazi’s’

sounds like the same old crap: person does something wrong--then they get pissed [ at authorities/cops/etc ] when called on it
it's a natural human response....I try not to do it

the Germans rightfully take the word ''nazi'' seriously
if she did say it, it was very stupid of her to use that word there
most people--especially on this forum--do not realize the reality of what the nazis did--to the world and Germany
...sure they know of the Holocaust and Germany in ruins, but they don't understand the reality of it

The trouble is this kind of stupidity is tolerated in the US. When it happens in other countries it's just embarrassing. It reminds me of the phrase used years ago "ugly Americans" to describe certain tourists from the US. I remember landing at the airport in Istanbul and hearing some idiot as we were deplaning saying "look at all the foreigners." I don't know if ugly American is as appropriate as stupid American.

Hilarious. Here they join the GOP and the GOP are glad to have them.

Seems to me those ubersensitive krauts need to learn this old proverb

1834-sticks-and-stones-may-break-my-bones-but-words-will-never-hurt-me.jpg

From the link: "left of politics and a feminist non-theist." Doesn't sound like a GOPer to me. They would have tried to bribe their way past. The trouble with you is you dis the corruption in the GOP and forget the corruption in your own Democratic party. Just another one sided hack.

German cities were destroyed
we - now on tv/etc --see maybe 1 or 2 buildings on fire....maybe a factory somewhat destroyed
imagine whole blocks of buildings on fire
whole complexes destroyed

this went on for years!! Germans running to the cellars/basements/underground/etc---many times in many cities--day after day...many dying gruesomely by asphyxiation or burning--hundreds of thousands !! many in the cellars where they sought safety
...think of the children in those cellars that survived to live to today/etc----the sound of the bombers going on for half an hour and more---
...the sound of the bombs/death...the smell and sight of death
for Dresden and Hamburg this hell went on for days--round the clock!! Brits would bomb at night and the US during the day---same city
not to mention the nazis/Gestapo would take people ''in the night'' for no reason

it is not words---but bombs/burning/horrifying death/etc caused by the nazis

German cities were destroyed
we - now on tv/etc --see maybe 1 or 2 buildings on fire....maybe a factory somewhat destroyed
imagine whole blocks of buildings on fire
whole complexes destroyed

this went on for years!! Germans running to the cellars/basements/underground/etc---many times in many cities--day after day...many dying gruesomely by asphyxiation or burning--hundreds of thousands !! many in the cellars where they sought safety
...think of the children in those cellars that survived to live to today/etc----the sound of the bombers going on for half an hour and more---
...the sound of the bombs/death...the smell and sight of death
for Dresden and Hamburg this hell went on for days--round the clock!! Brits would bomb at night and the US during the day---same city
not to mention the nazis/Gestapo would take people ''in the night'' for no reason

it is not words---but bombs/burning/horrifying death/etc caused by the nazis
And the crybabies involved in this law suit were not even alive at the time

Her reaction is pretty stupid considering we have the same laws in this country. Her actions are also indicative of typical American arrogance thinking the rights granted to her under our Constitution apply to her world wide. There is no such thing as freedom of speech throughout most of the world and Germany has a lot of laws regarding speech about Nazism and Holocaust denial.

I guess you and the rest of the lefties would all be in prison if you lived in Germany, seeing how you call everyone a nazi.

Germans are just very sensitive about the word. You cannot legally saynit or use a swastika. There is no freedom of speech in Germany.

Forum List

Back