American neo-conservatism exposed as American exceptionalism

JakeStarkey

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2009
Fox News contributor calls for 'American jihad'
Fox News' Keith Ablow says the time has come for America to launch an "American jihad" to reassert American exceptionalism and, more or less, ensure every nation on the planet adheres to the U.S. Constitution.

"An American jihad would embrace the correct belief that if every nation on earth were governed by freely elected leaders and by our Constitution, the world would be a far better place," he wrote Tuesday on Fox's website.

So what would an American jihad look like? It would involve teaching kids how swell America is, doubling the CIA's budget, pressuring other nations to adopt laws like ours, and funding "an international mercenary force for goo
d."
Fox News contributor calls for American jihad - The Week

Fox News' Keith Ablow says the time has come for America to launch an "American jihad" to reassert American exceptionalism and, more or less, ensure every nation on the planet adheres to the U.S. Constitution.

"An American jihad would embrace the correct belief that if every nation on earth were governed by freely elected leaders and by our Constitution, the world would be a far better place," he wrote Tuesday on Fox's website.

So what would an American jihad look like? It would involve teaching kids how swell America is, doubling the CIA's budget, pressuring other nations to adopt laws like ours, and funding "an international mercenary force for goo
d."

The world would be a better place if every nation adhered to the basic tenets of the US Constitution but I do not believe in forcing our standards upon others. I still believe in national sovereignty just as I believe that States have the right to rule themselves without interference from the Federal Judiciary.

A Fundamentalist outlook coupled with willful ignorance equals American Jihad. But, if you take the same combination of Fundamentalism and willful ignorance, you could create Jihad in any society.

I wonder if Mr. Ablow has ever thought about how much he has in common with his fellow Jihadists?

d."
Great, just when the oppression of replicant social norms were thrown off...

• Banned
American Jihad is a vague term.

I can see it it Vietnam and Iraq and Grenada, not in Panama or Korea.

Forum List

Back