American kids are the dumbest in the world yet liberals support the status quo..????

Wait Bub, first no-nothings like you scream about how teachers can't teach and then you are spouting off about how they are so good they are "indoctrinating" them.

Can you see a conflict here?

Do you actually, personally know anyone that teaches? Obviously not.

You post wacko stuff like this and expect to be taken seriously?

It's all a big evil plot out there conceived just to piss you off. I guess you believe the moon landing was filmed in Hollywood.
You should know, when it comes to the moon, you're already there...

Oh yeah, I can see the conflict here. You lack the the intelligence to know the difference between educating and brainwashing. Public School grad huh? And yeah, I actually do know quite a few teachers, both PS ones and Private School ones where my son goes. My wife is a substitute teacher.

If that's true then there is no excuse for your ignorance on this subject is there.

Anyone that dishes out 'brainwashing' on an education forum is haunted, drunk, plain stupid, or all of the previous.

It is what it is bud. Just because you refuse to acknowledge the truth of it doesn't mean I'm haunted, drunk or stupid. What it more probably means is that you have a personal stake in not speaking the truths about our educational/social engineering/indoctrinating public school system. See the evidence supports the statement I made. US students do worse on standarized testing than ANY other 1st world nation on the planet, and worse than even some 3rd world nations. This is FACT son, not drunken babbling. Our PS systems have shifted their focus from giving our children a great academic education to socially engineering them to be good little diversty minded, head filled with liberal propoganda bs, citizens who will toe the leftist's line. They're putting out sheeple, when they can actually get kids through graduation, not well educated, critically thinking, young men and woman. Sheeple are easier to control. Niether of my sons went to PS, my wife and I decided to sacrifice and do without or give up, many, many, many material things rather than allow sub-standard leftist propogandists to "educate" our children. What's your personal agenda bud? You a teacher? You married to one? Lol, some personal axe to grind that's for sure because you deny the facts and give us BS and name calling, typical leftist tactics.

Sounds like the real question some are asking is how can we protect our children from being exposed (taught) to beliefs different from ours? For example, Texas Repubicans do not want their children taught critical thinking. Is critical thinking part of indoctrination and brainwashing, or is it a method that helps resist indoctrination or brainwashing? What is the threat to the GOP?
Even if parents can protect their children from being exposed to beliefs they differ with, how long can the children be protected, somewhere along the track they are going to hear different beliefs than their parents.
I would think most just send their kids to school and allow them to be exposed to a few limited ideas, beliefs, and values. In classrooms the range is limited but as much learning takes place outside the classroom as in. If a belief makes sense to a student it might cause them to think, but chances are not, only interested in the grade.

American kids are the dumbest in the world yet liberals support the status quo..????

American kids are the dumbest in the world yet newGOPers like Ryan and Romney want to cut spending in education??????

American kids are the dumbest in the world yet newGOPers like Ryan and Romney want to cut spending in education??????

Try to pay attention, Gilligan.

Texas Repubicans do not want their children taught critical thinking.

That's not true. They don't want the title 'Critical Thinking' used as a cover to 'teach' something else entirely.

What is that "something else" you think Texas schools and Texas teachers want to teach Texas children that they need a cover for? Is that what worries people in Texas, not the subject but that their schools and teachers will teach something subversive if given a chance? If nothing else, it sounds like kids must grow up in Texas surrounded by paranoia.

Why is it that progressives always blame everyone BUT the people we pay to teach our kids????How many of you progressives would keep a lawn care guy if he never mows your lawn?????? We all know you would all kick that illegal you use to the curb.

We pay more per pupil than EVERY other nation in the world except for Zwitzerland, so it's obvious money isn't the answer.

The US spends on avg $91,700.00 per pupil from the ages of 6-15, and $149,000 through HS Graduation. Only surpassed by Switzerland, Yet we are in the lower bottom half of the pack when compared to the 65 other nations in the studies done, many not even 1st world nations. Yet their children CONSISTANTLY out rank ours in math, reading and science. It's obvious we are throwing money away here. The problem is not money if it was we'd have some of the smartest kids in the world. New Zealand, South Korea, Portugal, Spain, Ireland and Germany all spend just about half what we spend, yet their kids are so far ahead of us in reading, math and science it's a joke. Since 1970 (where we spent $50,000 in 2009 dollars per pupil up through graduation) we have doubled the per pupil spending with ZERO growth in academic standing. Of course the liberal democrats want to throw more money to the teacher's unions, but that's to ensure their voting block, not to improve our students standing world wide. Something needs to be done as too many nations are doing much more and much better with MUCH less money. The problem just may be we have teachers more concerned with what candidate will give their unions more benefits and money, rather than give a crap that they're failing to educate our kids. This is why my kids go to private school, the teachers are paid and kept on based upon performance, not because the union says you can't get rid of the dead wood.

Last edited:

It makes sense to cut spending when the most spending in the civilized world has given us the worst results in the civilized world.

See why we are positive a liberal will have a low IQ?? What other conclusion is possible?

Last edited:

We pay more per pupil than EVERY other nation in the world except for Zwitzerland, so it's obvious money isn't the answer.

The US spends on avg $91,700.00 per pupil from the ages of 6-15, and $149,000 through HS Graduation. Only surpassed by Switzerland, Yet we are in the lower bottom half of the pack when compared to the 65 other nations in the studies done, many not even 1st world nations. Yet their children CONSISTANTLY out rank ours in math, reading and science. It's obvious we are throwing money away here. The problem is not money if it was we'd have some of the smartest kids in the world. New Zealand, South Korea, Portugal, Spain, Ireland and Germany all spend just about half what we spend, yet their kids are so far ahead of us in reading, math and science it's a joke. Since 1970 (where we spent $50,000 in 2009 dollars per pupil up through graduation) we have doubled the per pupil spending with ZERO growth in academic standing. Of course the liberal democrats want to throw more money to the teacher's unions, but that's to ensure their voting block, not to improve our students standing world wide. Something needs to be done as too many nations are doing much more and much better with MUCH less money. The problem just may be we have teachers more concerned with what candidate will give their unions more benefits and money, rather than give a crap that they're failing to educate our kids. This is why my kids go to private school, the teachers are paid and kept on based upon performance, not because the union says you can't get rid of the dead wood.
But but but but.. its the parents! The union leaders.....er...the teachers need more money !!!!!

It's always about money with Liberals.
The government never collects enough and the government never spends enough.

Texas Repubicans do not want their children taught critical thinking.

That's not true. They don't want the title 'Critical Thinking' used as a cover to 'teach' something else entirely.

What is that "something else" you think Texas schools and Texas teachers want to teach Texas children that they need a cover for?

Not another subject, rather that something like 'Critical Thinking' lends itself particularly well to becoming just a platform for a teacher to present his or her personal views under the guise of the subject itself. I've seen it happen. It takes conscientious, ethical, disciplined teachers who are honest and self-aware to avoid allowing a subject like that to slide into an excuse for pontificating before a captive audience. That, I suppose, is what some people are wary of.

It makes sense to cut spending when the most spending in the civilized world has given us the worst results in the civilized world.

More money is not the solution to our educational issues, but to say that we have "the worst results in the civilized world" is hyperbolic nonsense which you cannot support.

New Zealand, South Korea, Portugal, Spain, Ireland and Germany all spend just about half what we spend, yet their kids are so far ahead of us in reading, math and science it's a joke.

And yet, parents in South Korea in particular are clamoring to send their kids to school HERE.

Try to pay attention, Gilligan.

Say something interesting and intelligent and I will.

I didn't think you would understand. :rolleyes:

Try to pay attention to what Ryan and Romney actually say on the matter rather than just repeating your democrat talking points.

What is that "something else" you think Texas schools and Texas teachers want to teach Texas children that they need a cover for?

Not another subject, rather that something like 'Critical Thinking' lends itself particularly well to becoming just a platform for a teacher to present his or her personal views under the guise of the subject itself. I've seen it happen. It takes conscientious, ethical, disciplined teachers who are honest and self-aware to avoid allowing a subject like that to slide into an excuse for pontificating before a captive audience. That, I suppose, is what some people are wary of.
Teachers could do that with any subject, history, English, PE, health, whatever. Is there any reason Texas cannot trust its teachers? What about those southern states that do not allow teacher unions are they also afraid to teach criticial thinking?

Teachers could do that with any subject, history, English, PE, health, whatever. Is there any reason Texas cannot trust its teachers?

That's exactly the problem, and not just in Texas. When parents have kids coming home from English or History class telling them the things they have been instructed to believe in those subjects, they are even less likely to trust that a subject like 'Critical Thinking' won't just become a vehicle for more of the same. Right or wrong, they are not without reason.

Forum List

Back