American hero: Joe Horn

your opinion doesn't trump the facts, yo. Texas saw it differently than you do. they APPLIED THEIR LAWS differently than you would. I agree with their appraisal of the situation. Feel free to email everyone in Texas and let them know how you feel.
feel free to disagree with me! :)

someone is not threatening you with force, when they have their back to you, running away....cowards shoot people in the back....yellow belly slime....

surprised you were never taught such? it was a 'rule of thumb' in my rearing....

care

Ask Joe Horn, he will disagree.
you know Wow, you strike me as a rebel riser...someone who says shocking things, to get a response....

and that is all fine and dandy with me, but i speak from my heart and soul, and honestly find it hard to respond to your comments like this....:(

care

you know Wow, you strike me as a rebel riser...someone who says shocking things, to get a response....

and that is all fine and dandy with me, but i speak from my heart and soul, and honestly find it hard to respond to your comments like this....:(

care
You may not be used to the attitude of Americans protecting their property against criminal thieves.
The attitude has changed in the Houston area.

This is the new rule down here:
Break in, expect to get shot dead. Do not want to get shot dead, do not break in.

I can see the population of New Orleans growing right now. :badgrin:

feel free to disagree with me! :)

someone is not threatening you with force, when they have their back to you, running away....cowards shoot people in the back....yellow belly slime....

surprised you were never taught such? it was a 'rule of thumb' in my rearing....

care

You can take your personal jabs and shove them up your ass. YOUR opinion about Joe's actions mean something to you but nothing to anyone else. It's not just me who disagrees.. it's the state of texas that isn't indicting Joe Horn.

No, cowards are keyboard commandos who think that reading someone else's opinion, despite the evidence of the officers who saw the killings occur, should mean more than they already don't.

And, who cares about your rearing. I don't. Now cry foul some more... The entire state of Texas cares about as much as I do.

care

You are no different than what you are accusing Wow of. I asked you on numerous occasions to PROVE your points but you have thus far chosen to offer nothing more than your opinonated interpretation DESPITE THE FACT THAT JOE HORN IS NOT BEING CHARGED. You don't speak from your heart and soul any less than anyone else no matter what your mommy told you about how special you are.

Too bad that's a lie. They never rushed him. He had no business leaving his house to confront them, actually, once the 911 operator told him not to.

But he couldn't wait to kill himself a couple of mexicans.

And THAT'S why the grand jury didn't address it properly, despite the fact that you can indict a ham sandwich.

And if you have any evidence that's not distorted that says they rushed him, do provide it. (other loonies don't count... something reliable... thanks.)

Or maybe he rushed at them backwards :)

I agree totally Jillian, he all but told the 911 operator he intended to go out and kill himself a couple thrives.

Grand Juries are far from flawless as we all know. This is a sad case, Mr horn should be doing time, not being called a hero.

like i said.. you people would have hung frggin wyatt earp.

Care, I think the fault lies here:

(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or
recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to
protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or
another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.
It's quite possible that this man and his supporters are such wusses that they reasonably believe men fleeing from them are somehow a threat to them.

I would hope they fix this legislation. There needs to be a compelling reason that someone believes they are in danger, not just some whiney wussiness.

like I said.. you go ahead and get your milk and cookies out when a burglar rushes at you and hope that they just want to trade jokes. Joe Horn didn't decide to hope that two thugs running at him just wanted to tickle him into not being a witness to their crime. Calling someone a wuss is awfully brave from behind a computer screen.

like I said.. you go ahead and get your milk and cookies out when a burglar rushes at you and hope that they just want to trade jokes. Joe Horn didn't decide to hope that two thugs running at him just wanted to tickle him into not being a witness to their crime. Calling someone a wuss is awfully brave from behind a computer screen.

First off , I have seen no convincing proof they rushed at him.

Second, the 911 call is pretty clear. He was in his house, in no danger, and the Operator was pleading with him to stay there, and let the police handle it.

he chose instead to go outside, and put himself at risk, and then shoot 2 people in the back.

Believe me if I feel threatened I will shoot the mofos, but I would not go out seeking to feel threatened so I could then shoot the mofos. Which I think the 911 call makes pretty clear is what Horn did.

It isn't MY interpretation of it....

There is SPECIFIC Texas Law that covers such....using FORCE and using DEADLY FORCE....

What you posted does NOT cover Mr Horn by the definitions of Texas law...

you posted the law, and it said that 1-they had to use FORCE against mr horn in order for him to use FORCE back.... And Force is defined by texas law as a force BACK that DOES NOT KILL.....you posted the reasons for being allowed to use force, NONE OF WHICH fit mr Horns scenario because the burglars DID NOT USE FORCE against Mr. Horn, or against Mr Horn's neighbor, or against any human being.....

THUS, your argument FALLS FLAT on THAT alone....

There was NO ROBBERY that took place....Robbery requires the use of force against another human being. This DID NOT take place....a Burglary did take place.

Robbery and Burglary are 2 separate crimes in TEXAS LAW....so stop being an ignoramous and acknowledge such....what you posted does not cover Mr horn's use of DEADLY FORCE....nor does it even cover him using FORCE, because no force was used against him....

THIS IS WHAT the law says and what you posted.

Care
The people of Texas make those decisions and they made their decision (Grand Jury).
Break into a home and a criminal will be shot dead.

The people of Texas make those decisions and they made their decision (Grand Jury).
Break into a home and a criminal will be shot dead.

Well that might make some sense if they had actually broke into Mr. Horns home, which of course they did not do.

Texas laws are hardly a shining example of what makes the US great. I am a gun toting supporter of your right to kill anyone who threatens you, but for gods sake Texas has a law on the books that allows you to shoot at the police if you "believe you are innocent"

That kind of BS is why the drive to take our guns away gets stronger every day :(

Well that might make some sense if they had actually broke into Mr. Horns home, which of course they did not do.

Texas laws are hardly a shining example of what makes the US great. I am a gun toting supporter of your right to kill anyone who threatens you, but for gods sake Texas has a law on the books that allows you to shoot at the police if you "believe you are innocent"

That kind of BS is why the drive to take our guns away gets stronger every day :(
The American people made this decision, that is the strength that makes America the greatest nation in the history of mankind!

This is the greatest display of patriotism I have seen in my lifetime (Next to our brave soldiers risking their lives to defend America the beautiful)

This is true American patriotism on the home front [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEZ9s0ZBAu8]YouTube - Joe Horn Supporters Run Off Black Panthers (Uncut Version)[/ame]

I'm very proud that my hometown is the symbol of patriotism in America!
God Bless America!

You are no different than what you are accusing Wow of. I asked you on numerous occasions to PROVE your points but you have thus far chosen to offer nothing more than your opinonated interpretation DESPITE THE FACT THAT JOE HORN IS NOT BEING CHARGED. You don't speak from your heart and soul any less than anyone else no matter what your mommy told you about how special you are.

why are you intentionally lying or playing the idiot card? i answered you and showed you the law on numerous occasions and also showed you why i believe the law was not followed, BECAUSE he was not in any imminent danger and because the perps did not use FORCE on him or a neighbor, and because this was not justification for deadly force, NOR a reasonable action on his part....i can't help that you are intentionally being obtuse....

you act as if the grand jury's decision to not indict him is some kind of justification of your stance in being right or mr horn's actions being moral and justified while ignoring the fact that grand juries and juries have been wrong on many previous occaisions....OJ being just one and the 100 men in prison that have now been released from jail (thanks to the Innocent Project) because of their DNA proving the prosecutors and juries wrong.....

i am well aware of the grand jury's decision not to indict mr horn, and this is precisely why i have been debating this issue: i believe their decision to not at LEAST allow this controvertial case go to trial is a mistake, and was the wrong decision on their part BECAUSE it leaves holes bigger than the state of alaska in Texas law, with a the right of anyone to kill anyone, with NO REASON of self defence or imminent threat needed....

anyone can shoot anyone on their lawn in the back, and kill them, and get away with it....

IF YOU can provide something that says mr horn was in imminent danger, therefore he had to use deadly force to prevent himself from being killed by these perps FEEL FREE to do such....

the only thing i have found in the media is a detective that was there on the scene said that he THOUGHT he MIGHT have seen one of the perps move towards mr horn before turning and running away....

the Detective DID NOT SAY that one of the perps DID move slightly towards mr horn before running away but that he MIGHT HAVE....

Either way, mr horn did not shoot the perp when he SUPPOSEDLY thought he was threatened by him moving towards him, (of which btw, MR HORN NEVER said the perp moved towards him...NEVER....mr horn said they were on his property so he had to kill them....NOTHING about a perp moving towards him), BUT IF this perp moved towards him and mr horn felt threatened he would have shot him then, face to face....BUT HE DIDN'T, he shot both perps in the back as they were running away, off mr horn's property....

And yes, only cowards shoot people in the back that are of no threat to them or their life.....cowards and murderers that is....

no need to respond back....what you say means as much to me as what i say means to you...so we are even steven! :)

Care

And yes, only cowards shoot people in the back that are of no threat to them or their life.....cowards and murderers that is....

Yep

Once again for the slow. He ordered them to freeze. They not only ignored his order, one of them ran towards him. Unless you believe the Cop that saw and heard it is a liar.

There is law and there is justice. I think we're all adult enough to know that, right?

Joe is not guilty of anthing under the law.

Joe shot some bad guys (in the back) who were running away from a burgular.

There is room on this board, I think, for differences of opinion as to the justice he meted out.

If you've ever lived someplace where burgularizing scum ruined good people's lives, where decent folks lived in terror of the desperate moral bankrupts who preyed on them, you might be less outraged that the guy shot them in the back.

OTOH, the man (based on my read of the tape) Joe took pleasure in killing two people who posed no threat to his physical safety, and some of us have trouble with that, too.

All I know is I don't want Joe as my neighbor any more than I want to have to deal with freaking burgulars making my life precarious.

Reasonable people CAN disagree reasonably, folks.

Both attitudes have some merit , I think, and depending on how close the you live to the state of anarchy that seems to be seaping into our lives, you are probably going to come down differently on Joes actions.

That doesn't make any of us bad people if we can't agree on this.

Last edited:
There is law and there is justice. I think we're all adult enough to know that, right?

Joe is not guilty of anthing under the law.

Joe shot some bad guys (in the back) who were running away from a burgular.

There is room on this board, I think, for differences of opinion as to the justice he meted out.

If you've ever lived someplace where burgularizing scum ruined good people's lives, where decent folks lived in terror of the desperate moral bankrupts who preyed on them, you might be less outraged that the guy shot them in the back.

OTOH, the man (based on my read of the tape) Joe took pleasure in killing two people who posed no threat to his physical safety, and some of us have trouble with that, too.

All I know is I don't want Joe as my neighbor any more than I want to have to deal with freaking burgulars making my life precarious.

Reasonable people CAN disagree reasonably, folks.

Both attitudes have some merit , I think, and depending on how close the you live to the state of anarchy that seems to be seaping into our lives, you are probably going to come down differently on Joes actions.

That doesn't make any of us bad people if we can't agree on this.
I can understand someone being shocked over the Grand Jury's findings.
I can also understand the anger Horn had.
I have been threatened by thieves and it changed my fear to anger.

Horn was clearly angry about his nice neighborhood being invaded by criminals that should not have been in the USA to begin with.

The video tape of the protests in his neighborhood seals the deal on how the American people feel about this situation!

The American people have spoken and they have the final word!

Americans are taking back their country. :razz:

Ravi rote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's quite possible that this man and his supporters are such wusses that they reasonably believe men fleeing from them are somehow a threat to them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

They certainly were a threat to society, and their actions were witnessed by someone who had the wherewithall, and the balls to eliminate this threat.

He warned them: "MOVE, YOU'RE DEAD"! If all he was capable of doing was to scare them off to go rob someone else, and maybe worse, then he was less of a man for it.

Those two will never victimize another soul.

Forum List

Back