American Express gives all parents 20 week paid leave - Singles are screwed

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
So much for equal pay, equal work. People with brats get a paid 20 week vacation every year.

Paid parental leave at American Express rises to 20 weeks

dec 12 2016
American Express will give all parents 20 weeks of paid leave

Starting in January, the financial services giant will expand its paid parental leave policy for mothers and fathers to 20 weeks at full pay, plus another six to eight weeks for women who give birth and require medical leave. Full-time and part-time employees who have worked at Amex for at least a year are eligible.

That's a big shift from the company's current policy of offering six weeks of paid leave for the primary parent plus another six to eight weeks for birth mothers who require medical leave. Secondary caregivers, meanwhile, have gotten just two weeks.

Under the new policy, parents will also have access to a 24-hour lactation consultant.

Guess there's a solution to that, first get an education then leave your McDonalds job, get hired by American Express then get married although what sane creature would marry you is beyond me.

Who gives a fuck? Its a private company.

So private companies are allowed to discriminate any way they please? THINK
No shit Sherlock...
No, they cannot. They must comply with EEOC and government non-discrimination policies.

Discrimination against a "protected" class is illegal. Discrimination against "non-protected" classes is perfectly legal. Businesses are not required to treat everyone the same.

ETA: I doubt this is 20 weeks per year. I bet it is per birth/adoption, not per year.

No different than the suck it ups who pay for school taxes and don't even have kids. But hey it's accepted because why it's a law a nice law Democratic idiots put in so they can skim off those taxes while the people make it from pay check to pay check.

So much for equal pay, equal work. People with brats get a paid 20 week vacation every year.

dec 12 2016

Starting in January, the financial services giant will expand its paid parental leave policy for mothers and fathers to 20 weeks at full pay, plus another six to eight weeks for women who give birth and require medical leave. Full-time and part-time employees who have worked at Amex for at least a year are eligible.

That's a big shift from the company's current policy of offering six weeks of paid leave for the primary parent plus another six to eight weeks for birth mothers who require medical leave. Secondary caregivers, meanwhile, have gotten just two weeks.

Under the new policy, parents will also have access to a 24-hour lactation consultant.

If you don't like it, don't work for them.

Personally, if I had another kid I would NEVER take 20 weeks off from work because being at home with that crying baby and my wife day in and day out for five months would drive me to jump off a bridge.

No different than the suck it ups who pay for school taxes and don't even have kids. But hey it's accepted because why it's a law a nice law Democratic idiots put in so they can skim off those taxes while the people make it from pay check to pay check.
Which democrat did that?

Which democrat did that?
The ones who have no common sense and are on population control trips. Those kind lol

dec 12 2016

If you don't like it, don't work for them.

Personally, if I had another kid I would NEVER take 20 weeks off from work because being at home with that crying baby and my wife day in and day out for five months would drive me to jump off a bridge.
I love kids. My wife and my first daughters mom was lucky. I took care of the baby for the first week. All they had to do was provide the milk.

Forum List

Back