Zone1 American Airlines All Black Female Crew Honors Bessie Coleman, The First African American Woman to Earn a Pilot's License

LOL - Do you mean like fitting their fat ass into the cockpit seat or being able to walk around outside the aircraft doing pre-flight safety checks? What about being able to quickly do calculations when the flight computer shuts down?
If all the computers on an airliner go out, it crashes. The systems are redundant because the plane can’t fly without them.

There are natural impediments and then there are unnecessary man made ones. As you claim to be native a,merican, you should know that.

I do. I overcame them. That's why I value my experiences. They made me stronger.

Weak people are everywhere. She was a strong person. First off just having the desire to fly back then was rare.

Having the courage to get into one of those things was remarkable. I have actually flown a Jenny, while I enjoyed the experience it was rigorous. You have to fly the plane all of the time. There is no down time.

The fact that she could maintain that level of focus is special. Most can't do it today.

Sue, westvall and whoever else,

What makes you right wing whites think that blacks are just laying on our backs crying woe is me I can't do anything because racism will stop me? That's about as stupid as any belief I have ever heard. We fight to end racism, and whites like you make stuff up to validate the cognitive dissonance you have created in your minds. When we talk about white racism ain't nobody whining, that's some crap a white man made up and you on the right chose to adopt.

Blacks teach each other and encourage each other to beat white racism. But since you've never faced it along with many others here, you don't understand the mental and physical toll it takes on a person. People fight and fight, but some get worn out and it should not have to be this way.

Maybe it's time you guys stopped listening to white race hustlers then repeating their bs to us black folks like its the gospel. Because there is no such thing as black victimhood.

Ummmmm, because all you do is whine would be my guess. She didn't. That extraordinary woman DID things that you can't even dream of.

I do. I overcame them. That's why I value my experiences. They made me stronger.

Weak people are everywhere. She was a strong person. First off just having the desire to fly back then was rare.

Having the courage to get into one of those things was remarkable. I have actually flown a Jenny, while I enjoyed the experience it was rigorous. You have to fly the plane all of the time. There is no down time.

The fact that she could maintain that level of focus is special. Most can't do it today.
Not every obstacle can be overcome, particularly those put in place due to racism, at least not during the era under discussion.

Coleman had to leave the United States in order to get her license, she went to France if I recall correctly, where there apparently was less racism against black people. And since you fly surely you know that the Tuskegee Airmen, who were eminently qualified as pilots, since they gained most of their flight experience in battle, were unable to overcome the artificial barriers erected to keep them from flying for the commercial airliners for almost 20 years after the end of World War II.

And while we're talking about the qualifications of the Red Tails, who accomplished that they did before the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the enactment of affirmative action, Black people who excel in their craft and their field are usually not "just as qualified" as their peers but "more qualified", out of necessity, otherwise they would not be allowed to compete and "displace" other White candidates.

I remember seeing an article written about Jackie Robinson being the first Black major league baseball player and the writer mentioned that he didn't like the way they kept calling him "the first", as if there were no other highly qualified and gifted ball players before him. There were, it's just that Jackie Robinson was the first Black player who was ALLOWED to play in the major leagues.

Another way to look at these impediments is that by preventing Black people from pursuing their dreams and careers in their DESIRED/CHOSEN field in actuality deprives them of DECADES of income that could be used to improve their lives, the lives of their families and in some case, the lives of others in their communities.

This is one example of the cost to Black people of White racism. We understand that White racism isn't a problem for White people because it doesn't impact them. It always has been and I expect always will be a challenge for Black people that we will just have to continue to navigate around and continue working to affect change, for everyone.

Sue, westvall and whoever else,

What makes you right wing whites think that blacks are just laying on our backs crying woe is me I can't do anything because racism will stop me? That's about as stupid as any belief I have ever heard. We fight to end racism, and whites like you make stuff up to validate the cognitive dissonance you have created in your minds. When we talk about white racism ain't nobody whining, that's some crap a white man made up and you on the right chose to adopt.

I think it's because of posters like you that give that impression. Because a LOT of your posts do just that. Talk about what others need to do and nothing introspective on how the black community can improve itself. Gets pretty exhausting after a while. Maybe change your approach and you'll get a different response.

Blacks teach each other and encourage each other to beat white racism. But since you've never faced it along with many others here, you don't understand the mental and physical toll it takes on a person. People fight and fight, but some get worn out and it should not have to be this way.

You got to be kidding me. There's plenty of us who thrive around here and it's not because we're encouraged to fight white racism. "The mental and physical toll it takes on a person." Shall I get you a fainting couch to sit down and collect yourself? I know. Look at all those death certificates that has a factor of death "white racism". I mean, how do those doctors manage to get thru a day with all of this going on? Man, it's not the 50s & 60s anymore. Come join us in the 21st century. There's a reason why black Africans look down at us because somehow they manage to come here and find success, but look around and see us not succeeding. Like there was no racism/slavery in African countries that they had to deal with in the past.
Maybe it's time you guys stopped listening to white race hustlers then repeating their bs to us black folks like its the gospel. Because there is no such thing as black victimhood.

Great!! Since there's no black victimhood, then there's no need for white people to do anything for the black communities or for black people since we're not victims. Also, this should end all talk about reparations. You need to have victims for the need for reparations.

I think it's because of posters like you that give that impression. Because a LOT of your posts do just that. Talk about what others need to do and nothing introspective on how the black community can improve itself. Gets pretty exhausting after a while. Maybe change your approach and you'll get a different response.

You got to be kidding me. There's plenty of us who thrive around here and it's not because we're encouraged to fight white racism. "The mental and physical toll it takes on a person." Shall I get you a fainting couch to sit down and collect yourself? I know. Look at all those death certificates that has a factor of death "white racism". I mean, how do those doctors manage to get thru a day with all of this going on? Man, it's not the 50s & 60s anymore. Come join us in the 21st century. There's a reason why black Africans look down at us because somehow they manage to come here and find success, but look around and see us not succeeding. Like there was no racism/slavery in African countries that they had to deal with in the past.

Great!! Since there's no black victimhood, then there's no need for white people to do anything for the black communities or for black people since we're not victims. Also, this should end all talk about reparations. You need to have victims for the need for reparations.
Yes, there is a need for the damage white racism has caused to be fixed.

LOL - Do you mean like fitting their fat ass into the cockpit seat or being able to walk around outside the aircraft doing pre-flight safety checks? What about being able to quickly do calculations when the flight computer shuts down?
If all the computers on an airliner go out, it crashes. The systems are redundant because the plane can’t fly without them.
Bullshit!

In both situations you posted, the computers continued to function. They lost secondary systems, but necessary computerized flight controls were operational on the RAM turbine. That's why aircraft have backup mechanical flight instruments that aren't dependent on the computers.

In both situations you posted, the computers continued to function. They lost secondary systems, but necessary computerized flight controls were operational on the RAM turbine. That's why aircraft have backup mechanical flight instruments that aren't dependent on the computers.

They had to do manual calculations with pen & paper because on the B737 TACA 110 & B767 Air Canada 143 there was No operating flight computer. No Glide Slope, No Auto Pilot, No Transponder, No ILS, there is enough battery power to run essential flight instruments like horizon, altimeter, airspeed & radio for 20 minutes. The RAT spins a hydraulic pump providing 3,000 psi to manual flight controls surfaces & brakes.

Boeing only made the B777 & 787 as true "Fly By Wire" system. Their other commercial aircraft have "Manual Reversion System"

The RAT on the A330 Transat 236 provided limited AC power & hydraulic pressure because it uses all "Fly By Wire" from joy stick.

Yes, there is a need for the damage white racism has caused to be fixed.

Maybe you need to made of stronger stuff if you're still so bothered in 2022. I think a good deal of black people have moved on from that and now taking advantage of the opportunities that so many brothers and sisters fought and hoped that the future generations would get to enjoy. Others feel the need to wallow in the past.

Good to know. To avoid that airline.
I AM ashamed to admit that I chuckled when I read those words above.

It was my first chuckle of the day.

There's not much to chuckle about nowadays.

So that's why I watch reruns of "Friends." They are hysterical.

Seriously though, congratulations to those ladies.

An American Air Force official recently expressed anger that 80% of Air Force pilots are Caucasian men. He said that the Air Force is taking steps to change that. Maybe some of those ladies should apply.

Wouldn’t painting planes black be dangerous, especially when coming in for a landing at night? I can’t believe the FAA would permit this.

Maybe you need to made of stronger stuff if you're still so bothered in 2022. I think a good deal of black people have moved on from that and now taking advantage of the opportunities that so many brothers and sisters fought and hoped that the future generations would get to enjoy. Others feel the need to wallow in the past.
Surely you know people who's attitude is "I got mine, f__k you, you snooze you lose'.

IM2 is not one of those people, none of us are, that's why we're still fighting on behalf of those who missed out. Not through any fault of their own but due to the artificial barriers erected because of the racial animus that still exists against Black people in America as remnants of a system that was in place for more than 254 years

I have no idea what an n-number is, but I guess that would be true. The database provides owner information among other information.
You can lookup the n-number of any aircraft here:
Aircraft Inquiry
1660963735171.png

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
No, that's not CRT and the fact of being black is telling each other that even as barriers are put up trying to stop us. What we need as a nation is to face the truth and make attempts to reconcile the damage. Because running up against artificial obstacles time after time wears people out.
There are no unfair obstacles. That's a lie you are participating in. America is the land of opportunity and inclusion. Back in Africa, some of these women might have been carrying jugs of water on their heads.

Forum List

Back