America then, and now.

The Sgt at Arms who reported to Nancy said he requested NG troops 6x and was denied.

Nancy is hiding something, if not why not do "open kimono"?

Is English not your first language??

Your own NPR article says it was the Sargeant of Arms, not Pelosi, who rejected the ask. The only mention of Pelosi was that she asked the Chief of the Capitol Police to resign.

There is something wrong with your deformed brain. :cuckoo:

The Sgt at Arms who reported to Nancy said he requested NG troops 6x and was denied.

Nancy is hiding something, if not why not do "open kimono"?
Again your sources don't reflect your posts. Hence...you're just making it up.

You are making shit up again
There was no request made to Nancy Pelosi
Maybe it was Hillary or AOC who turned down the request
You believe whatever you want, but when the GOP takes the House back the real J6 investigation happens, followed by Impeachments.
"Due to the rules of the United States Capitol, the power structure of the Capitol, Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the House, has more control and authority and responsibility over the leadership of the Capitol police than anyone else in the United States Capitol," Banks said. "So she doesn’t want us to ask these questions because at the end of the day, she's ultimately responsible for the breakdown of security at the Capitol that happened on Jan. 6."

Your link says no such thing. Hence the correct and true statement that you just make shit up.
And the source you're citing is a Republican lawmaker from Indiana...not factual reporting.
Again...you're just making shit up.
Believe whatever you prefer.
After the GOP takes the House back we'll learn who rejected Trump's request for NG troops.

Is English not your first language??
Your own NPR article says it was the Sargeant of Arms, not Pelosi, who rejected the ask. The only mention of Pelosi was that she asked the Chief of the Capitol Police to resign.
There is something wrong with your deformed brain. :cuckoo:
Trump requested the NG to provide additional security.
The request was denied. You can say it wasn't by Nancy, but you don't know who ultimately made the call.
Nancy as Speaker supervises the House Sgt at Arms, and she is blocking all her records, why?
The same reason she blocked real Republicans from the House J6 Committee.
What is Nancy hiding?
No one is stepping up and saying they rejected Trump's and the Capitol Police Chief's call for the NG.
So unless you know who made the call, stop lying.

Trump requested the NG to provide additional security.
The request was denied. You can say it wasn't by Nancy, but you don't know who ultimately made the call.
Nancy as Speaker supervises the House Sgt at Arms, and she is blocking all he records, why?
What is Nancy hiding?
No one is stepping up and saying they rejected Trump's and the Capitol Police Chief's call for the NG.
So unless you know who made the call, stop lying.

You're still lying. Yes, we know who turned it down. It was the Sargeant of Arms. Your own link said that.

Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.

You're still lying. Yes, we know who turned it down. It was the Sargeant of Arms. Your own link said that.
Like I always say, if conservatives didn't lie, they'd have absolutely nothing to say.
There are actually two distinct decisions that are in question:
1. Trump's request before J6 for 10,000 NG to protect his rally
2. On J6 when the riot was starting, the request for the NG to help calm the riot

We agree that on J6 the House Sgt. at Arms (Paul Irving) made the call not to call in the NG immediately.

What we disagree on is Trump's request for the NG PRIOR to J6.
"Pelosi’s office had previously impressed upon Irving that the National Guard was to remain off Capitol Grounds, Irving allegedly told House Admin. The discussions, which centered around “optics,” allegedly occurred in the months prior to the Jan. 6 riot, during a time when deployment of federal resources for civil unrest was unpopular with Democrats and many members of Congress.
The three sources who confirmed the discussion to the Daily Caller did so under the condition of anonymity, citing the fear of putting a chill on further witnesses to how the security situation unfolded Jan. 6. The discussion, if accurate, raises questions as to what role Pelosi’s office had in the security failures that resulted in the resignations of both Irving and former Chief of Capitol Police Steven Sund. Pelosi’s Deputy Chief of Staff Drew Hammill did not deny the allegations in a statement to the Daily Caller."

Even though Nancy's office denies the decision, there apparently are witnesses to the contrary.

I was thinking about our current nation. And imagining how we would react to people of previous generations.

First. I don’t think any previous President could get elected today. By the standards of our current discourse. They are too smart. Too educated. Too liberal.

Teddy Roosevelt read books. A lot of books. We would snort with derision at such a man today. The idea that he would read a book a day is ludicrous. Now.

We respected intelligence and we respected education. Now. Imagine if Igor Sikorsky came forward with an idea for a revolutionary new machine. We would snort and denounce him, and his investors. We would insult and belittle him.

Some would even demand he get deported. Or locked up. He was an immigrant.

Most of the scientists who worked on the Atomic Bomb were Jewish. Well we couldn’t allow that today. They would be a part of some nefarious secret plan to keep Jews in power over all of us. Or something.

JFK read a lot of books. Reagan read books.

Carter was a Nuclear Engineer in the Navy. That means he had a lot of brain power.

Bush 41 was a pilot. That means he was smart enough to do math.

What happened that we changed so dramatically? Why do we denounce those with intelligence? We used to celebrate them. We used to heed their words. And we used to respect those who were educated and continued to read, consider, and learn.

We’re they always right? No. But we knew men were mortal. And we knew that we were human and made mistakes.

What does the future hold if we refuse to listen to those with the knowledge we need to make good decisions?
America then: Calvin Coolidge
America now: Joe Biden

Yeah. It's fallen that far.

There are actually two distinct decisions that are in question:
1. Trump's request before J6 for 10,000 NG to protect his rally
2. On J6 when the riot was starting, the request for the NG to help calm the riot

We agree that on J6 the House Sgt. at Arms (Paul Irving) made the call not to call in the NG immediately.

What we disagree on is Trump's request for the NG PRIOR to J6.
"Pelosi’s office had previously impressed upon Irving that the National Guard was to remain off Capitol Grounds, Irving allegedly told House Admin. The discussions, which centered around “optics,” allegedly occurred in the months prior to the Jan. 6 riot, during a time when deployment of federal resources for civil unrest was unpopular with Democrats and many members of Congress.
The three sources who confirmed the discussion to the Daily Caller did so under the condition of anonymity, citing the fear of putting a chill on further witnesses to how the security situation unfolded Jan. 6. The discussion, if accurate, raises questions as to what role Pelosi’s office had in the security failures that resulted in the resignations of both Irving and former Chief of Capitol Police Steven Sund. Pelosi’s Deputy Chief of Staff Drew Hammill did not deny the allegations in a statement to the Daily Caller."

Even though Nancy's office denies the decision, there apparently are witnesses to the contrary.

LOLOL

Yet another link that doesn't state Pelosi rejected Trump's request for National Guard?? How many is that now you've posted? 4? 5?

It's funny because you're talking a lot about "reading" and Presidents that used to read.

Donald Trump didn't even read his daily briefings, and lost attention after about 60 seconds of being talked to. He needed picture books to retain his focus.

Why can you never actually talk about the subject or engage in conversation? It's always about you trying to make everything about trump and how much you hate him. Someone could say "oh the president of Zimbabwe today announced he would make internet free for his citizens" and you would immediately start in on trump without ever actually discussing the topic of the thread. "Well the only thing trump ever gave away for free was his stupid trumpeter dumb trumpy hats at his stupid trump meetings to those trump moron fans of trump".

I mean I dislike a few presidents with a passion but I still manage to not drag them into the focus of every single post I make. I can talk about others and engage people in conversation. Not just obsessively keep bringing up one person or group.

Why can you never actually talk about the subject or engage in conversation? It's always about you trying to make everything about trump and how much you hate him. Someone could say "oh the president of Zimbabwe today announced he would make internet free for his citizens" and you would immediately start in on trump without ever actually discussing the topic of the thread. "Well the only thing trump ever gave away for free was his stupid trumpeter dumb trumpy hats at his stupid trump meetings to those trump moron fans of trump".

I mean I dislike a few presidents with a passion but I still manage to not drag them into the focus of every single post I make. I can talk about others and engage people in conversation. Not just obsessively keep bringing up one person or group.
I did answer the question. The opening post asked what happened to America, and I said Trump happened.

No need to cry

LOLOL
Yet another link that doesn't state Pelosi rejected Trump's request for National Guard?? How many is that now you've posted? 4? 5?
Pelosi or Pelosi's office is close enough for me to blame Nancy for not scheduling the National Guard as Trump requested.
"Pelosi’s office had previously impressed upon Irving that the National Guard was to remain off Capitol Grounds, Irving allegedly told House Admin."

QED.

Pelosi or Pelosi's office is close enough for me to blame Nancy for not scheduling the National Guard as Trump requested.
"Pelosi’s office had previously impressed upon Irving that the National Guard was to remain off Capitol Grounds, Irving allegedly told House Admin."

QED.
Not even her office was implicated in any such thing and not a single article you've has said she or her office was involved.

Face reality ... you're a conservative; which means truth, facts & reality are foreign to you.

Not even her office was implicated in any such thing and not a single article you've has said she or her office was involved.
Face reality ... you're a conservative; which means truth, facts & reality are foreign to you.
I just showed you the credible link that said Pelosi's office told Irving not to bring the National Guard in for Trump's rally.
You keep ignoring credible links and the fact that Nancy was in-charge of security for the capitol.
Here's the link again. I'm an "America First Populist" not a conservative. I don't believe tax cuts are always the answer.

I just showed you the credible link that said Pelosi's office told Irving not to bring the National Guard in for Trump's rally.
You keep ignoring credible links and the fact that Nancy was in-charge of security for the capitol.
Here's the link again. I'm an "America First Populist" not a conservative. I don't believe tax cuts are always the answer.

Your link said nothing of the sort. The word, "rally," doesn't even appear in that article.

Watch this....

Copy and paste the text from that article which you think states Pelosi's office told Irving not to bring the National Guard in for Trump's rally....

:popcorn:

I was thinking about our current nation. And imagining how we would react to people of previous generations.

First. I don’t think any previous President could get elected today. By the standards of our current discourse. They are too smart. Too educated. Too liberal.

Teddy Roosevelt read books. A lot of books. We would snort with derision at such a man today. The idea that he would read a book a day is ludicrous. Now.

We respected intelligence and we respected education. Now. Imagine if Igor Sikorsky came forward with an idea for a revolutionary new machine. We would snort and denounce him, and his investors. We would insult and belittle him.

Most of the scientists who worked on the Atomic Bomb were Jewish. Well we couldn’t allow that today. They would be a part of some nefarious secret plan to keep Jews in power over all of us. Or something.

Carter was a Nuclear Engineer in the Navy. That means he had a lot of brain power.

What happened that we changed so dramatically? Why do we denounce those with intelligence? We used to celebrate them. We used to heed their words. And we used to respect those who were educated and continued to read, consider, and learn.

We’re they always right? No. But we knew men were mortal. And we knew that we were human and made mistakes.

What does the future hold if we refuse to listen to those with the knowledge we need to make good decisions?
Do you think Biden has actually read a whole book? and I'm not talking about the Hardy Boys.

We sure have taken a big step backward with Joe Biden.

What a big Doofus.

Man, this has been brutal.

He won't admit that he lied, though.

I'd just like to know what he read that his brain translated into, "Pelosi's office told Irving not to bring the National Guard in for Trump's rally."

Forum List

Back