America’s execution frenzy begins

You gave it plenty of thought and came up with.....Other countries need our military because they don't have a death penalty?

That they aren't willing to do the right thing in either case. They are pussies who will neither defend themselves nationally or do what is just to those who would do them harm individually. Thanks for either being obtuse or too dim to understand.

I see

Anyone who does not have a death penalty is a pussy

Bravo.

:eusa_clap:

You gave it plenty of thought and came up with.....Other countries need our military because they don't have a death penalty?

That they aren't willing to do the right thing in either case. They are pussies who will neither defend themselves nationally or do what is just to those who would do them harm individually. Thanks for either being obtuse or too dim to understand.

I see

How exactly is telling a victim's family that their loved one's life is worth three hots, a cot, cable TV, internet, a gym, etc. for the next 50 years justice?

Let's go back to the recent case that is causing all the hoopla. The person that you want to not put to death kidnapped a teenage girl. He beat her repeatedly. He raped her repeatedly. He made her watch them dig her grave. He shot her. He threw her in the hole still alive. He buried her with her pleading for her life.

And you think the state is uncivilized for giving him the death penalty for his crime? Have you no conscience? Have you no shame? Have you no sense of decency or justice? How exactly would you personally tell this girl's family that her life meant so little that you will house, feed, clothe and provide medical care and entertainment to the man who did this for the rest of his natural life.........because it is the "civilized" thing to do? How can someone be that clueless and uncaring?

I see

How exactly is telling a victim's family that their loved one's life is worth three hots, a cot, cable TV, internet, a gym, etc. for the next 50 years justice?

Let's go back to the recent case that is causing all the hoopla. The person that you want to not put to death kidnapped a teenage girl. He beat her repeatedly. He raped her repeatedly. He made her watch them dig her grave. He shot her. He threw her in the hole still alive. He buried her with her pleading for her life.

And you think the state is uncivilized for giving him the death penalty for his crime? Have you no conscience? Have you no shame? Have you no sense of decency or justice? How exactly would you personally tell this girl's family that her life meant so little that you will house, feed, clothe and provide medical care and entertainment to the man who did this for the rest of his natural life.........because it is the "civilized" thing to do? How can someone be that clueless and uncaring?

Those who commit murder are low life scum .........always been that way

Eye for an eye worked in the middle ages with a simple society that knew little else. Modern societies do not need to kill to prove the lesson that killing is bad

I see

Eye for an eye worked in the middle ages with a simple society that knew little else. Modern societies do not need to kill to prove the lesson that killing is bad

I think the person who kills another knows it's bad.
The ones who do it with cruelty and depraved indifference to fellow man is beyond
redemption and as a society we have a responsibility to punish those accordingly.

The ultimate display of respect for human life is the death penalty. You take a life...you lose yours.

I see

I like the death penalty as a concept....but I don't trust the government to oversee so, so I'm against it in practice.

Last edited:
We need to get an execution assembly line going and clear out death row. .... :thup:

What, like the 700+ human beings on death rown in California you mean?

The People of California...the biggest, hugest, Left/Democrat/Blue state of all...recently voted to retain CA's death chambers, including the electric chair, gas chamber etc....so they could well support your state assembly line of premeditated, cold-blooded, execution-death.

When there are those among us who willfully refuse to act civil by denying people of their civil rights of life and liberty, absolutely. It's called justice.

It is called revenge

The majority of civilized societies in the world have long since given up on it

True......and these same civilized societies depend on the US to defend them against aggressors. That should tell you something.

They only depend on America to defend them against aggressors because in essence that's the way Washington wants it.
Although today some of them have nukes, ...Britain, France...and others could soon make nukes...Australia, Canada, and Germany for example.

The death penalty should be handed out to police and veterans who don't want to continue serving this country.

Serving the country is one thing.
Being sent to die in stoopid, useless, and unwinnable wars [that wouldn't make any difference to anything if they were won anyway...Iraq for example] is quite another.

What about catwalk models, soccer moms, garbage truck drivers, stock brokers etc who don't want to serve the country [unless 'Hitler' or 'bin Laden' ilk are coming over the hill or into to NY harbour]?
They should also be handed the death penalty?

Leftys are the most mentally deficient species on earth. Just a quick example: You bleed all over your shirt for some scumbag who is put to death for slaughtering an entire family ( whom I am pretty sure did not want to die ) and don't bat an eye or lose one second of sleep over the fact that thousands of defenseless babies are MURDERED every year by abortion clinics....not because there is anything physically wrong with the babies, but simply because the stupid "mother" decides she doesn't want the responsibility of having to care for an infant.

Don't bother trying to justify those actions. I not going to listen to a bunch of damn hypocrites.

Abortion is not murder, and it is legal.

When there are those among us who willfully refuse to act civil by denying people of their civil rights of life and liberty, absolutely. It's called justice.

It is called revenge

True......and these same civilized societies depend on the US to defend them against aggressors. That should tell you something.

You mean when the United States tries playing world police? Most of the world would like the United States to mind its' own business.

God, is that ever a dumb response

Why don't you think it over and try again?

he's saying most of Europe has turned into a bunch of bureaucratic metro sexual sissy marys, and he would be right. Its like watching a bunch of Eloi being readied for dinner.

My, such a tough guy, Al Bundy.

266790-death-penalty-map.jpg

It is our "eye for an eye" states that perform the bulk of our executions

Barbaric

I assume your little chart was supposed to illicit some kind of outrage, but it actually appears that for a country where the punishment is legal, we are pretty damned reserved with it. Not even 1,300 executions in 40 years. How many convictions have there been for murder since then?

We are one of the few remaining industrialized countriew that still resorts to a death penalty. Europe and the majority of North and South America gave it up.
In our own country, only a few "god loving" states still rely on it

Time to move into the 21st century and abolish the archaic practice

It's 2014, a ridiculous amount of free birth control and yet there are 1.2 million abortions every year, totally innocent lives snuffed out before they can take a breath and you are preaching about death row filth that have lived years longer than their victims. I would put them in a dark smelly cell with a life-size print of the person they murdered where they would be forced to live out their lives being reminded what a pile of shit they are.....no more trials, no TV, no outside and food like Arpaio serves the assholes in his tent city.
The fact you aren't screaming about the millions of innocent lives taken every year by their Mothers says just how inconsistent and silly your arguments really are.

Should a civilized society resort to "eye for an eye" punishment to show how killing is immoral?

It is called revenge

No. Revenge would be letting me do it.

I see

Seriously? You've said a lot of stoopid assed stuff over the years, but that is just beyond ignorance. A mentally retarded five year old knows that "killing" is bad. The death penalty is a punishment, not a school lesson. Depending on the depravity of the crime and the merits of the case, it is a fitting punishment. That we do it humanely says more about us than the guy who kidnaps, beats, rapes, shoots and buries a teenager alive. In the middle ages, they would have made the punishment fit the crime. I'd say giving someone the needle is a far more civil way of carrying out the sentence.

The fact that you have no respect of compassion for the victim and come down on the side of the poor put upon murderous animal tells me all I need to know about you. Have you no shame? You need to get a grip.

Leftys are the most mentally deficient species on earth. Just a quick example: You bleed all over your shirt for some scumbag who is put to death for slaughtering an entire family ( whom I am pretty sure did not want to die ) and don't bat an eye or lose one second of sleep over the fact that thousands of defenseless babies are MURDERED every year by abortion clinics....not because there is anything physically wrong with the babies, but simply because the stupid "mother" decides she doesn't want the responsibility of having to care for an infant.

Don't bother trying to justify those actions. I not going to listen to a bunch of damn hypocrites.

darn if those Okie schools still ain't teachin' little Okies how to read, rite and do rithmatic...

The three R's...

RW, I hate to tell you, but the death penalty is NOT about revenge. It's not about an eye-for-an-eye. I think it's completely and 100% about survival. We know that there are folks who commit the most depraved, heinous murders of multiple people and they get sentenced to 'life in prison.' Twenty years down the road, what happens? A judge comes to the bench and he's having an off day, so he is sifting through one of the myriad of appeals that this waste of human flesh files every day and he actually approves one of them. 'The accused must have a new trial', the judge orders. Only, because the evidence has been sitting in a damp, musty warehouse or evidence locker somewhere for 20 years, DNA and/or other evidence is corrupted and this walking bag of maggots is let loose. OR, because of some other reason, they are let out of prison so they can be 'rehabilitated' or he's declared a 'nonviolent' offender to make room for someone else.

So what happens? You really think this guy is going to re-integrate back into society when he was certifiably insane BEFORE he went into prison. After 20 years, he's got a lot of partying to make up for which might include the rape and murder of as many teenage girls he can get his hands on.

No, '...render unto Ceaser...' and you know the rest. And I have to tell you that once again, I really don't care what Europe and the rest of the world do or do not do. Here in Oklahoma, like Texas, we installed an express lane for capital punishment. I agree with that. If Illinois or New York or Rhode Island doesn't want capital punishment, then I say more power to you. But you come here to Oklahoma and commit a capital crime, you are going to take that long, last walk at Big Mac.

Seriously? You've said a lot of stoopid assed stuff over the years, but that is just beyond ignorance. A mentally retarded five year old knows that "killing" is bad. The death penalty is a punishment, not a school lesson. Depending on the depravity of the crime and the merits of the case, it is a fitting punishment. That we do it humanely says more about us than the guy who kidnaps, beats, rapes, shoots and buries a teenager alive. In the middle ages, they would have made the punishment fit the crime. I'd say giving someone the needle is a far more civil way of carrying out the sentence.

The fact that you have no respect of compassion for the victim and come down on the side of the poor put upon murderous animal tells me all I need to know about you. Have you no shame? You need to get a grip.

An eye for an eye justice does not show compassion for the victim.......

Civilized societies moved past that form of "justice" decades ago

The US is one of the few remaining who still clings to it

Forum List

Back