America has a 54% reduction in it murder rate since 1992

The gun nuts envision an America where everyone is armed to the teeth and ready to shoot down anyone who steps out of line. Dodge City meets Somalia.

Instead our crime rates are coming down through social programs, tough enforcement of laws and yes reb, widespread security cameras, phones and the Internet rapidly reporting and documenting crimes

That security camera in the 7-11 does more to reduce crime than your stupid guns

No you are wrong. I envision an America where if a person wants to carry he has that right without anti gunner dictating that they can't. If you don't want a gun or don't want to carry a gun that is your right. Leave me and my right alone.

WOW so how did that camera stop this shooting at a 7-11?
[ame="http://youtu.be/GHziWZ2OmiA"]Store Clerk Shot, Killed - YouTube[/ame]

300 million guns in the country reb.......why didn't they stop it?

Robbing a 7-11 or any store is no longer easy pickings. Not because of armed clerks but because your face is on the 6 PM news. Want to rob a 7-11? Here's $300. By the way, smile for the camera

Police probe why student had loaded gun at Glen Burnie High - CapitalGazette.com: Schools

How did a kid have a gun in a school in the same area? Arent schools, gun free zones?

You're an idiot...maybe the guy that got shot didnt have a gun....sucks to be him dont it?

But we know the camera didnt do it...and once they find the murderer...you'll want him out of jail in a year or two....with some lame excuse of how he was a good person in jail.

Last edited:
USATODAY.com - Violent crimes rise after years of falling

Violent crimes rise after years of falling

Updated 9/18/2006 11:40 PM ET

By Kevin Johnson, USA TODAY

WASHINGTON — The nation's murder rate rose 1.8% last year after hitting a two-decade low in 2004, the FBI said Monday in a report that raised questions about whether violent crime rates will continue to head up after years of decline.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Assault_Weapons_Ban

The Federal Assault Weapons Ban expired on September 13, 2004

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G2-3403000016.html

AGE AND CRIME

The view that involvement in crime diminishes with age is one of the oldest and most widely accepted in criminology. Beginning with the pioneering research by Adolphe Quetelet in the early nineteenth century, criminological research consistently has confirmed that (the proportion of) the population involved in crime tends to peak in adolescence or early adulthood and then decline with age. This age-crime relationship is remarkably similar across historical periods, geographic locations, and crime types.

This decline in crime was not due to any government policy or aging population. The assault weapons ban did not happen until late 1994 & had no effect until 1995. The assault with gun rate for the entire country & other most other developed countries dropped faster than cities with gun bans. Gun violence rose by comparison in cities with gun bans. There was an immediate changes in society around 1992 & it was not from government.

November 7, 1991, basketball legend Earvin "Magic" Johnson stuns the world by announcing he tested positive for HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. Within 2 months the number of people getting tested for aids was up 50%. Illegitimate pregnancies dropped immediately & birth rates dropped within 9 months. Heroin & other injected drug use that had been soaring since 1960 slowed their accent. This change happened in many countries, but was most prevalent in the US black population.

The world sobered up a bit & quit sharing IV drug needles. People quit having as many orgies, as much sex with strangers & not without protection. Maybe even settled down & married. This must have reduce the financial stress of illegitimate births & drug use, thus lowered the crime rate. Two parent structure households create the best well adjusted children. Single parent & divorced households & unwanted children create criminals.

effectswelfarereformchart3.ashx

518px-Violent_Crime_Rates_in_the_United_States.svg.png

Last edited:
dear silly people,

Its the baby boom aging.

older people commit fewer crimes.

we are a generation run by the effects of the baby boom.

Yup.

But the media knows that violence sells soap.

That is WHY somebody like me here in Maine hears about horrid crimes in some place thousands of miles away.

It give the media something to post around those ADS they're trying to sell.

People wail and gnash their teeth about how much they hate crime and violence?

But seriously...they love it.

Why?

Because it's interesting when other people die.

What's the reason? iphones?

I phones have had a tremendous affect on dropping the crime rate

You were saying?
Criminals have been stealing iPhones for years, grabbing them from your pocket or your bag. But now they're taking it to a new level, stealing them right from your hands as you're on the phone.
Rossen Reports: 'Apple picking' thieves snatch iPhones - TODAY News

ok but they are stealing the phone and not murdering you....so RW was right....

The gun nuts envision an America where everyone is armed to the teeth and ready to shoot down anyone who steps out of line. Dodge City meets Somalia.

Instead our crime rates are coming down through social programs, tough enforcement of laws and yes reb, widespread security cameras, phones and the Internet rapidly reporting and documenting crimes

That security camera in the 7-11 does more to reduce crime than your stupid guns
your probably right RW....but have you noticed how shitty the clarity is on some of those cameras?......those stores might as well not even have them....

I phones have had a tremendous affect on dropping the crime rate

You were saying?
Criminals have been stealing iPhones for years, grabbing them from your pocket or your bag. But now they're taking it to a new level, stealing them right from your hands as you're on the phone.

Isn't it a crime to steal what doesn't belong too you? How is righ...... oh I get it now since obama it's ok to take form others who may have more than you. thanks for helping me to see into the mind of right ringer :eusa_whistle:

You were saying?

Isn't it a crime to steal what doesn't belong too you? How is righ...... oh I get it now since obama it's ok to take form others who may have more than you. thanks for helping me to see into the mind of right ringer :eusa_whistle:

yes it is a crime.....but your thread was about the murder rate dropping.....so i said what i said to show one reason why it might be.....

It is offensive for gun nuts to claim that guns are the reason for the drop in our murder rate

65% of our murders are done by guns.

Forum List

Back