America has a 54% reduction in it murder rate since 1992

I actually looked it up to see if there is a consensus of opinion.......there isn't

Maybe we are just nicer people who don't resort to violence to resolve conflicts

There you go. That wasn't so hard.

So what we know is that despite a massive increase in the number of firearms in the US and an exponential increase in the issuance of conceal carry permits, the murder rate has decreased. We also know that after banning guns in England and Australia, the murder and violent crime rates increased.

So why do you believe that fewer firearms or more regulations in America will further reduce the murder rate?

We have 300 million firearms in the US. I think we are saturated

Cat is out of the bag. The guns are there and are not going away

While I agree that "the guns are there and are not going away", my question remains. Why do you support bans and more regulations?

What you fail to notice is the more than 100 countries with more restrictions on gun ownership that have a MUCH higher murder rate than the US. Why are you selectively editing again?

And if dead is dead, why do you care HOW someone is murdered? After all, murder is murder, right?

Name some of those countries and we can discuss the details

Why? So you can tell us only your version of what defines a country counts? Pass.

But hey, it's not just murders we're concerned with, right? Violent crime is the problem, be it murder, rape, etc.

In that regard, we have a VERY telling truth: England, despite it's virtually ban on civilian firearm ownership, has a much higher violent crime rate than the US.

We all understand that the truth doesn't fit your agenda.
You can't accurately compare violent crime rates across countries as what constitutes a violent crime in one country isn't the same as what constitutes a violent crime in others. A bar fight in the UK is considered a violent crime, not the same in the US.

There you go. That wasn't so hard.

So what we know is that despite a massive increase in the number of firearms in the US and an exponential increase in the issuance of conceal carry permits, the murder rate has decreased. We also know that after banning guns in England and Australia, the murder and violent crime rates increased.

So why do you believe that fewer firearms or more regulations in America will further reduce the murder rate?

While I agree that "the guns are there and are not going away", my question remains. Why do you support bans and more regulations?

We are not going to confiscate 300 million guns so gun violence will always be a part of our culture. That said, I do not object to banning large capacity magazines, assault rifles and instituting background checks. Just because we can't stop every murder does not mean we should make it easy for murderers to get their weapon of choice. I also have no objection to making gun owners financially responsible for their weapons

Name some of those countries and we can discuss the details

Why? So you can tell us only your version of what defines a country counts? Pass.

But hey, it's not just murders we're concerned with, right? Violent crime is the problem, be it murder, rape, etc.

In that regard, we have a VERY telling truth: England, despite it's virtually ban on civilian firearm ownership, has a much higher violent crime rate than the US.

We all understand that the truth doesn't fit your agenda.
You can't accurately compare violent crime rates across countries as what constitutes a violent crime in one country isn't the same as what constitutes a violent crime in others. A bar fight in the UK is considered a violent crime, not the same in the US.

You make a good point. However, your point only serves to support my position. You see, in England, a violent crime is not counted as a violent crime unless someone is CONVICTED. Not the case in America, where a crime need only be recorded to be counted as such.

Therefore, England's higher violent crime rate is all that much more so when you consider it's much easier to add to those stats in the US.

Lastly, a bar fight CAN be considered a violent crime in America, it depends on the specifics.

We are not going to confiscate 300 million guns so gun violence will always be a part of our culture. That said, I do not object to banning large capacity magazines, assault rifles and instituting background checks. Just because we can't stop every murder does not mean we should make it easy for murderers to get their weapon of choice. I also have no objection to making gun owners financially responsible for their weapons

Problem is none of those suggestions will have the slightest influence on criminals. You're only seeking to hurt law abiding citizens by either catching them up in the myriad of bad laws and/or ensuring they're at a disadvantage when facing armed criminals that don't care about the rules. That makes no sense.

Forum List

Back