Amazon drones!

Lovely.

Another sector of labor taken over by robotics.

Freeing up that labor for more productive uses. If all goes well, of course.

And adding to the Unemployment Insurance line if it does not go well.
wink_smile.gif

A distinct possibility, if this rather cool (but impracticable?) idea actually gains traction, without being completely thought-out, with respect to the re-tasking of labor / job-displacement.

Lovely.

Another sector of labor taken over by robotics.

Freeing up that labor for more productive uses. If all goes well, of course.

And adding to the Unemployment Insurance line if it does not go well.
wink_smile.gif

A distinct possibility, if this rather cool (but impracticable?) idea actually gains traction, without being completely thought-out, with respect to the re-tasking of labor / job-displacement.

The market corrects. I was referring to if the idea of delivery drones goes well. For as innovative as this seems we do need to keep in mind that it's a new frontier, and unforeseen issues will undoubtedly come up. Not to mention the government will do its best to muck it up.

I don't see this as an efficient urban delivery system unless it is pizza or some sort of take-out food delivery. A few on a UPS truck in a rural area used when there is only 1 delivery down miles of roads might be efficient as the truck continues running the higher traffic routes.

Amazon is a CIA contractor for all their cloud computing. They may use deliveries as a cover for spying on us. They are also using the delivery threat to negotiate better delivery rates with UPS, FexEx, & USPS.

Last edited:
What kind of crack are they smoking? What's going to stop me or anyone else from simply blowing this thing out of the sky, stealing the delivery, reverse engineering the drone so I can deliver meth to my dealers more efficiently?

They will replace the drive by shootings with fly by shootings.

I don't see this as an efficient urban delivery system unless it is pizza or some sort of take-out food delivery. A few on a UPS truck in a rural area used when there is only 1 delivery down miles of roads might be efficient as the truck continues running the higher traffic routes.

Amazon is a CIA contractor for all their cloud computing. They may use deliveries as a cover for spying on us. They are also using the delivery threat to negotiate better delivery rates with UPS, FexEx, & USPS.

OMG! Some more fear mongering........what are you doing that is so amazing/important that Amazon or anyone would spend money to spy on you.....that takes the cake...:lol::lol::lol:

OMG! Some more fear mongering........what are you doing that is so amazing/important that Amazon or anyone would spend money to spy on you.....that takes the cake...:lol::lol::lol:

Why would I tell you what I am doing when I don't want anyone to know? You can tell by my month long gap in post here on USMB that I have been off the grid & gone over the past month. Companies should not be recording our activities for the government or other to access.

Why would I tell you what I am doing when I don't want anyone to know? You can tell by my month long gap in post here on USMB that I have been off the grid & gone over the past month. Companies should not be recording our activities for the government or other to access.

It was a rhetorical question. I really don't give a crap what you are doing, but I know you are not doing anything that some company or the government would give a crap about.
You are delusional, thinking that your time posting here on the Forum is of importance to the goverment.............:lol::lol:

Forum List

Back