Amazing how everyone has written off the Ravens

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
In every post I see from posters around here who they think is going to represent the AFC for the superbowl,I see everyone saying either The Bronco's,The Cheatriots, or the Kansas City Chumps yet not ONE word or peep has been mentioned about The Ravens.

They are STILL the AFC champs until someone knocks them out.:cuckoo:

I cant believe everybody is taking those 3 teams over them.a team that has poise, resilancy and always finds ways to win and believe in themselves like they do.:cuckoo:

Sure they lost their leadership with key defections of Ed Reed and Bolden leaving for greener pastures and Lewis to retirement but look at them now,they didnt look pretty but true to form in the end,they found a way to beat the Lions in detroit when they had to win.

I would bet on them to go back to the superbowl before I would take any of those other 3 clowns mentioned to get there.

Lets look at these 3 teams people are taking over the ravens.

1.The Denver Broncos. You cant be serious?:lol:

How anyone can pick this team after that thursday night meltdown to my Chargers when you should be peaking at this point is beyond me.

teams that have superbowl aspirations dont play sloppy like that this time of year especially at home.:lol:

The defense is their achiles heel and Manning true to form,choked in another big game.Expect to see the same thing once the playoffs start. they'll be lucky if they make it to the AFC championship game.

2.The cheatriots? another laugher.:lol: they'll be lucky if they make it past the first round.

Had the cleveland clowns not been the clowns they are always finding ways to lose games and been able to recover a basic simple onside kick against them,the cheatriots would REALLY be in trouble now not even in position to get the 2nd seed.:lol:

To nearly lose at home to the cleveland clowns and go then down to Miami and fail to pull off another classic Tom Brady comeback its obvious the loss of Gronkowski is affecting them major big time in the red zone.

once they get into the playoffs,it will be a miracle if they win one game with the major loss of Gronkowski.:lol:

3.The kc Cheaps? Okay this one I cant laugh at because they are in better shape than those other two_Only problem for them is no way do they have a prayer if they have to go up to denver and play them there.

Manning owns the chiefs and feasts off them whether he be a colt or a bronco. and up there in Denver,the cheaps are toast. they dont have to face them ,then I could see them in the superbowl otherwise forget it.

Count on the ravens winning theier next two games and if ANY of these 3 teams have to face them forget it.the ravens are better even STILL with all the key defections.They got the players and the experience and a very confidant belief in themselves.

How anybody could possibly overlook this team and expect any of those other 3 teams to get to the superbowl over them is beyond me.:cuckoo:

The Kc Cheaps I will take that back on IF they can go into san diego and beat my chargers.I dont see that happening though because my Bolts first made me proud beating them up there in kc and now taking it to the donkeys who were undefeated in denver this year.

Im not impressed with that big win over the Oakland Faders because thats who they are is the FADERS.

Plus the Eagels a few weeks ago also went into Oakland and also beat them by about the same score with a team that is rebuilding and a querterback who hasnt even played a full season no less.co chiefs fans need to take that game,with a grain of salt.

again how everybody can doubt the ravens taking these other 3 teams over them is beyond me.

Last edited:
Ravens seem to start their peak right on cue. They tend to sneak up on you like an alligator in tall weeds.

Thats WHY I fail to understand why everyone has written them off talking about how its going to be one of those teams but NEVER mentioning the ravens.

They look to be following the same script they did last year,playing lousy for most the season but in december,getting their act together and finding ways to win.Till someone knocks them off,they are STILL the superbowl champs and NOBODY shoould be ruling them out like they have.:cuckoo:

I believe that the "not taking the Ravens seriously" started with the way SF played them in the Superbowl. :lol:

The Ravens dominated them in that game till the blackout which so OBVIOUSLY was rigged to happen because they knew the ravens were on the verge of blowing them out .

the powers that be obviously did not want to see a superbowl blowout

so they knew with that blackout,it would take their momentum away from them and allow the niners to regroup and make it a game again.

You're probably right.Had the Ravens had blown them out like they were on the verge of doing,I guarantee you nobody would be ruling them out like they have done here.

I believe that the "not taking the Ravens seriously" started with the way SF played them in the Superbowl. :lol:

The Ravens dominated them in that game till the blackout which so OBVIOUSLY was rigged to happen because they knew the ravens were on the verge of blowing them out .

so they knew with that blackout,it would take their momentum away from them and allow the niners to regroup and make it a game again.

You're probably right.Had the Ravens had blown them out like they were on the verge of doing,I guarantee you nobody would be ruling them out like they have done here.

You just lost a lot of credibility.

They wrote them off last year too

As second wildcard, the Ravens path to the Super Bowl is not that difficult

First Round: Bengals or Colts..... neither is scary
Second Round: Denver....replay of last year
Third Round: either Pats or KC....neither is playing well

AFC is not that deep this year. Don't be surprised if the Ravens return to the SB

More people would change channels because of a blackout than a blowout

You just lost a lot of credibility.
coming from YOU mr kurt warner hater,that REALLY makes me worried YOU said that.:lol:
Please,only a fool wouldnt think that game was fixed.That would NEVER have happened had it been a clsoe game at that time.:cuckoo:

and for my last part,HAD the ravens gone on to blwo them out like they were on the verge of doing,AGAIN,noboody in hell here would be ruling them out.:cuckoo:

oh and just so you know,i only read your posts HALF the time and the next one i wont be.:lol:

They wrote them off last year too

As second wildcard, the Ravens path to the Super Bowl is not that difficult

First Round: Bengals or Colts..... neither is scary
Second Round: Denver....replay of last year
Third Round: either Pats or KC....neither is playing well

AFC is not that deep this year. Don't be surprised if the Ravens return to the SB

Yeah I know,they sure did write them off last year. Man you aint kidding.The AFC is a joke this year.The bungles are just that.Not serious superbowl contenders the fact they laid an egg against the steelers the other night.

The colts have gone from contenders to pretenders now.it all started with that loss to the Lambs.they have never been the same team since then.

Yeah the pats are a joke almost losing to the cleveland clowns like they did.:lol:
the cheaps? everytime they have faced a GOOD quarterback theis year they have lost and arent quite good enough YET to take that step to the superbowl.next year under andy Reid could be a different story though in this weak AFC who knows.

The Ravens arent good enough to go to the superbowl and WIN it this year.Having so many different players as starters shows that,but with this weak bunch in the AFC? I do see a return trip to the superbowl in the cards for them again.

More people would change channels because of a blackout than a blowout

depends on who your rooting for.:lol: Had I been a huge fan of the niners like i was when they had joe cool and steve young,I would have left the game a long time ago had there been no blackout.

That disaterous Raiders/Bucs game I wanted the raiders to win and I left that game by the middle of the second quarter back then thank god.Oh man its still painful to talk about that superbowl loss for me.:mad:

Since I was pulling for the Ravens for the way that a hole Harbaugh treated smith,I kept changing channels anxiously waiting to see how ling it would be before the game got back under way so I could enjoy watching that a hole cause the niners to lose their first superbowl ever.:lol::lol: that was pretty sweet watching him lose that game believing Kappy could win it all wacthign Kappy choke at the end something no 49er had ever done before in its history in superbowls.:lol:

Now THAT was everybit worth sticking around for patiently waiting through that delay to witness.:lol::lol::dance:

I should say they were concerned with the fans AT THE STADIUM not having to suffer through a superbowl blowout. the fans that paid money to go to that game,they arent going to leave because of a power outage but they WOULD though if they were diehard fans who had to see their team get blown out.

I thankfully did not go to that superbowl between the bucs and the raiders back then but friends of mine did and they did the same thing i would have done,left long when the game was over by the middle of the second quarter.

Last edited:
well NOW I understand why people were ruling the Ravens out,I did not know this till I saw a little of the ravens/Lions game last monday night when they announced that they had 7 count em "7" new starters on their team this year. yeah that takes a toll on your team.Its no wonder they are not the same team this year that they were last year.

You cant lose THAT many starters from the previous year and be near as good a team as you were the previous year especially when 3 of those starters lost from last year were leaders.They lost leadership on BOTH sides of the football this year with Lewis and Reed on defense and Bolden on offense.Losing Bolden was a major blow to them on offense.He was the one that gained 24 yards on a 3rd and 23 last year up in denver when they faced the donkeys.

Losing him,you not only lost key leadership,you lost over a 1000 yards of productivitly on offense as well as a very clutch receiver. it begins to add up.

The fact they laid an egg up in detriot and almost got beat there against a bad team they should have blown out,i guess it wasnt too surprising now that i think about it that they got beat so badly against the pats this past weekend.

They just arent good enough now to play with the big boys. First getting blown out earlier in the year against the donkeys after beating them up there last year and now getting blown out by the pats.

They were only able to get as far as they did this year because of the coaching job done by Harbaugh.

The you go, amAzing how some people think last year will play out this year. The Ravens are not even in the playoffs.

New England, without Gronk is still a number two seed, funny how that worked out. New England was 5-1 without Gronk at the beginning of the year. I knew you can't count the Pats out, until they are out.

Seems like nobody wanted that last AFC Wildcard spot

Even San Diego seemed like they wanted to give it away

In every post I see from posters around here who they think is going to represent the AFC for the superbowl,I see everyone saying either The Bronco's,The Cheatriots, or the Kansas City Chumps yet not ONE word or peep has been mentioned about The Ravens.

I cant believe everybody is taking those 3 teams over them.a team that has poise, resilancy and always finds ways to win and believe in themselves like they do.:cuckoo:

Sure they lost their leadership with key defections of Ed Reed and Bolden leaving for greener pastures and Lewis to retirement but look at them now,they didnt look pretty but true to form in the end,they found a way to beat the Lions in detroit when they had to win.

I would bet on them to go back to the superbowl before I would take any of those other 3 clowns mentioned to get there.

How anyone can pick this team after that thursday night meltdown to my Chargers when you should be peaking at this point is beyond me.

teams that have superbowl aspirations dont play sloppy like that this time of year especially at home.:lol:

The defense is their achiles heel and Manning true to form,choked in another big game.Expect to see the same thing once the playoffs start. they'll be lucky if they make it to the AFC championship game.

2.The cheatriots? another laugher.:lol: they'll be lucky if they make it past the first round.

Had the cleveland clowns not been the clowns they are always finding ways to lose games and been able to recover a basic simple onside kick against them,the cheatriots would REALLY be in trouble now not even in position to get the 2nd seed.:lol:

To nearly lose at home to the cleveland clowns and go then down to Miami and fail to pull off another classic Tom Brady comeback its obvious the loss of Gronkowski is affecting them major big time in the red zone.

once they get into the playoffs,it will be a miracle if they win one game with the major loss of Gronkowski.:lol:

3.The kc Cheaps? Okay this one I cant laugh at because they are in better shape than those other two_Only problem for them is no way do they have a prayer if they have to go up to denver and play them there.

Manning owns the chiefs and feasts off them whether he be a colt or a bronco. and up there in Denver,the cheaps are toast. they dont have to face them ,then I could see them in the superbowl otherwise forget it.

Count on the ravens winning theier next two games and if ANY of these 3 teams have to face them forget it.the ravens are better even STILL with all the key defections.They got the players and the experience and a very confidant belief in themselves.

How anybody could possibly overlook this team and expect any of those other 3 teams to get to the superbowl over them is beyond me.:cuckoo:

The Kc Cheaps I will take that back on IF they can go into san diego and beat my chargers.I dont see that happening though because my Bolts first made me proud beating them up there in kc and now taking it to the donkeys who were undefeated in denver this year.

Im not impressed with that big win over the Oakland Faders because thats who they are is the FADERS.

Plus the Eagels a few weeks ago also went into Oakland and also beat them by about the same score with a team that is rebuilding and a querterback who hasnt even played a full season no less.co chiefs fans need to take that game,with a grain of salt.

again how everybody can doubt the ravens taking these other 3 teams over them is beyond me.

They mortgaged the offense to give Flakeo a big contract. Nuff Said...

Seems like nobody wanted that last AFC Wildcard spot

Even San Diego seemed like they wanted to give it away

man did they ever.My chargers really embarrassed me with yesterdays performance against BACKUPS.having made me proud earlier when they beat the donkeys in denver and the chumps in kc. Had their kicker not frozen up at the end,they would have lost the game.

Yeah like I was saying later on after that,you cant have SEVEN new starters on offense and lose leadership on BOTH sides of the ball Lewis on defense,and Bolden on offense and be a serious contender the next year. The loss of Bolden hurt them in a major way,thats over 1000 years of productivity on offense they lost plus a key player getting key third downs not to mention he was a great leader.Losing Boldon was a major blow to them.You just cant lose that type of player on offense and be as good the next year.I should have considered that.

Last edited:

Yeah like I was saying later on after that,you cant have SEVEN new starters on offense and lose leadership on BOTH sides of the ball Lewis on defense,and Bolden on offense and be a serious contender the next year. The loss of Bolden hurt them in a major way,thats over 1000 years of productivity on offense they lost plus a key player getting key third downs not to mention he was a great leader.Losing Boldon was a major blow to them.You just cant lose that type of player on offense and be as good the next year.I should have considered that.

But you didn't and predicted the rise of Baltimore and NE totally falling apart and taking a 6 seed, had they not fallen out of the playoffs altogether.

That's a long time.

Forum List

Back