Am I the Only One that Sees This?

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I dont have much time to watch the news any more, which is keeping in in a pretty good mood almost every day, btw, but who else has noticed that the Norks came to the negotiating table about the same time Trump made it plain he was serious about the steel tarrifs?

The tarriff is a huge kick tho the Chicoms in the proverbial family jewels, and then Rocket Boy comes crying he will negotiate dropping his nuclear program.

I doubt that this is mere coincidinky

:lol:

How exactly are the tariffs a "huge kick" to China's balls? If anything, it's a huge kick to Canada's balls.

We import almost no steel, and relatively little aluminum from China.

How exactly are the tariffs a "huge kick" to China's balls? If anything, it's a huge kick to Canada's balls.

Yep and already, Canada, given an exemption. At least for awhile. Bottom line, Trump fucked up and others had to play clean up. Again.

Dude, the USA is the worlds largest importer of steel, more than the next three nations that import steel combined.

China sells us 4% of our steel imports.

That is a lot of rice balls, dude. and little Rocket Boy cost his leash holders a whole lot of mula.

Get real, bubba, the Chicoms dont fuck around with ass holes that cost them any money.

http://americastradepolicy.com/steel-imports-report-united-states/#.WqNQeOjwZhE

Yep and already, Canada, given an exemption. At least for awhile. Bottom line, Trump fucked up and others had to play clean up. Again.

BTW, your username needs a little adjustment. "center left" might describe your softball position but you politics are fully libtard.

China launders most of its steel and Aluminum sales through other countries. Right now Viet Nam is under investigation by the EU for laundering Chinese metal exports. Mexico uses and probably launders Chinese metal in their exports to the US. In Canada marginal cost is low enough that a civil suit conviction of metal laundering is highly probable if we want to go that route. And China uses NK coal for its hinky exports.

Can somebody explain to me why these tariffs are bad for Americans? I'm not saying they definitely are or aren't; I just haven't seen good arguments to the contrary.

Can somebody explain to me why these tariffs are bad for Americans? I'm not saying they definitely are or aren't; I just haven't seen good arguments to the contrary.
They are bad for the Globalists, not Americans.

They are bad for the Globalists, not Americans.

Maybe I'm selfish, but when it comes to stuff like this I don't give a fuck outside of what's good for our economy.
While I am in favor of free and fair trade I agree wholeheartedly with these tariffs because JB is right they have brought NK to the negotiating table. But other than a revenue tariff to equalize barriers to balance of trade and national defense tariffs I don't like them. Nobody wins trade wars.

I would also like to see Trump be fairly liberal in non-Green card immigration. You want to come here and set up a business where the only non-green card immigrants you can use are family members is fine with me.

I think most of the people arguing this topic are out of their intellectual depth. One would need to be an economist and then still might get it wrong.

A couple of reasons--the biggie, cost added to bring it to our shores gets passed on to US. In one form or another. Forget the negligible cost to beer or soup cans, let's see what it does to car prices or refrigetators or stoves or AC units or or or ...

And how about electronics? My Asus sure feels like steel casing, the Brother printer too. Not sure which imported steel goes into which items, but I can bet you given the above, some of you're household items or cars are going to he affected.

Last edited:

I think most of the people arguing this topic are out of their intellectual depth. One would need to be an economist and then still might get it wrong.

Wrong implicit assumption. Tariff policy beyond being a simple tax to collect while keeping possible opponents from smuggling in bombs and such is a subset of foreign policy, as in WWI and WWII were both won by the Anglo-American control of tonnage crossing the Atlantic. Or in this case NK came to the negotiating table because the PLA has enough troops on his northern border to impose a new regime. Trade war is much better at its worst than a shooting war much less a nuclear war.

Our economy ran better BEFORE all the degreed economists took everything over.

Forum List

Back