Am I losing my faith or just becoming more realistic?

Correct. It is not virtuous if you are forced to be virtuous. He let's us find our own way.

Um, really?

Do you actually READ your bible. There's a whole shitload of things that God said you SHOULD be killed for doing. Like picking up sticks on the Sabbath or having the Gay sex or just having the bad luck of having a torn hymen on your wedding night. (And your parents were expected to help stone you to death!!!)

So God let us figure out on our own that slavery and genocide were wrong, but man, you were totally on your own if you accidently busted your cherry doing hard labor on the farm.
The Bible was written by men, not God.

Not to mention your interpretation of it may be as flawed as their interpretation of God's revelations.

Again, The reason man doesn't behave the same way is because of subjectivity. The difference between being objective and being subjective is bias. Bias is eliminated when there is no preference for an outcome. To eliminate a preference for an outcome one must have no thought of the consequences to one's self. If one does not practice this they will see subjective truth instead of objective truth. Subjective truth leads to moral relativism. Where consequences to self and preferences for an outcome leads to rationalizations of right and wrong

No, man.

God didn't change his mind of Genocide or Slavery. We changed ours.

Just like we changed our minds on homosexuality or not being a virgin on your wedding night.

In the old south, it was "moral" to own other people, to whip them if they didn't work hard enough or tried to run away, to rape them to satisfy your carnal needs. God didn't object to any of this, in fact the "Bible" is full of justifications for slavery and how to abuse slaves.
Again, The reason man doesn't behave the same way is because of subjectivity. The difference between being objective and being subjective is bias. Bias is eliminated when there is no preference for an outcome. To eliminate a preference for an outcome one must have no thought of the consequences to one's self. If one does not practice this they will see subjective truth instead of objective truth. Subjective truth leads to moral relativism. Where consequences to self and preferences for an outcome leads to rationalizations of right and wrong

No, man.

Just like we changed our minds on homosexuality or not being a virgin on your wedding night.
Wrong again, Joey. Again, The reason man doesn't behave the same way is because of subjectivity. The difference between being objective and being subjective is bias. Bias is eliminated when there is no preference for an outcome. To eliminate a preference for an outcome one must have no thought of the consequences to one's self. If one does not practice this they will see subjective truth instead of objective truth. Subjective truth leads to moral relativism. Where consequences to self and preferences for an outcome leads to rationalizations of right and wrong.

No, man.

Do you believe that all behaviors lead to equal outcomes?

Not wasting any more time with you. On ignore you go.
I figured that question would make you run away.

FYI, not all behaviors lead to equal outcomes. Some behaviors have better outcomes and some behaviors have worse outcomes. This is the moral law at work.

Uh. There is no Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, Limbo, Hades, Happy Hunting Ground, Valhalla or any other afterlife.

You die. you die. You're done. enjoy what you have, that's all there is.

Don't let some ASSHOLES deny you enjoyment because some sky fairy disapproves.

On the other hand, if the only thing that keeps you from being more of an asshole is a fear of magic sky pixies, please keep believing that. Most of you people are assholish enough.
I know there is an afterlife, and it is wonderful. I very much enjoy what I have, because it is true we have to let go in order to move on. Joy is my life, and I am not exactly sure what you think God disapproves of. The Way of Eternity is a great way to live life. When we have that, we do not need to go seeking after stuff of which we imagine God disapproves.

And...I suppose imagining magic sky pixies is better than imagining a sociopathic god...but you are still missing out on knowing a wonderful being. If you are at all interested, seek in the tiny whispers.

When you die you may quite well die to who you are now and begin to realize your true self. The blind will see...the deaf will hear. The sights and messages are beautiful.

Nope, I really don't keep pissing up a rope when dealing with stupidity like, "God had a good reason for your mother to die."

That old dyke was lucky I didn't punch her out.
What is unlucky is that you cannot forgive her.

So, I don't know if you read my exchange with Joe, but if you did I have a question for you and I want you to answer it without being biased one way or the other.

Was it wrong of me to make fun of Joe?
The reason it is not for me to judge is that I cannot know either of you. I have not idea what reaches or touches anyone (we have no visual feedback). This being the case, when it comes to online, I cannot know whether someone needs a hug or a good shake. Therefore, I do my best to focus on the topic, not the person posting.

As this may not be the answer you are seeking, let's try this. I very much approve of President Trump shaking up Washington and I favor the majority of his policies. However, I do not favor him labeling people (i.e. Pocahontas, etc. which I deem unfair to both Pocahontas and Senator Warren).

So, I don't know if you read my exchange with Joe, but if you did I have a question for you and I want you to answer it without being biased one way or the other.

Was it wrong of me to make fun of Joe?
The reason it is not for me to judge is that I cannot know either of you. I have not idea what reaches or touches anyone (we have no visual feedback). This being the case, when it comes to online, I cannot know whether someone needs a hug or a good shake. Therefore, I do my best to focus on the topic, not the person posting.

As this may not be the answer you are seeking, let's try this. I very much approve of President Trump shaking up Washington and I favor the majority of his policies. However, I do not favor him labeling people (i.e. Pocahontas, etc. which I deem unfair to both Pocahontas and Senator Warren).
You can separate judging behaviors from the person. We should not judge the person but there is nothing wrong with judging the behavior or actions. In fact, this is a must.

it is when we judge the person instead of the act that bias enters the picture. Honest men can do dishonest things. People make mistakes. For them to correct that mistake they must acknowledge that mistake. If no one ever spoke up about the mistake that was made for fear it is judging the person, the person would never learn about the mistake from anyone.

You can separate judging behaviors from the person. We should not judge the person but there is nothing wrong with judging the behavior or actions. In fact, this is a must.
In my opinion, online we lack enough visual cues to judge behavior. We can judge words, but the freedom of speech issue often stops any action in that direction. Therefore, I keep close watch on my own behavior and leave it to everyone else to watch theirs.

Personally, I believe anyone who posts in a Religion Forum should be cognizant that we are walking on another's holy ground and remain as respectful as possible. (This means respecting beliefs of non-believers just as much as respecting those with other beliefs.)

I try to edit out unbecoming remarks and remain focused on the topic under discussion. Ignoring all personal insults insures they succumb to the quick death they deserve.

So is what I did wrong?
Most people try to do what they believe is right. Do you believe what you did was right? I think I know you well enough, Ding, that if you decide that what you did was not right, you will change direction and correct yourself. If you have a purpose in which you believe, that is what makes us different. :) There is room for both of us. I am often criticized as being 'too nice'.

So is what I did wrong?
Most people try to do what they believe is right. Do you believe what you did was right? I think I know you well enough, Ding, that if you decide that what you did was not right, you will change direction and correct yourself. If you have a purpose in which you believe, that is what makes us different. :) There is room for both of us. I am often criticized as being 'too nice'.
No. It was wrong. The worst thing I could do would be to rationalize that it was right.

you are nice. Don’t change.

In my opinion, online we lack enough visual cues to judge behavior. We can judge words, but the freedom of speech issue often stops any action in that direction. Therefore, I keep close watch on my own behavior and leave it to everyone else to watch theirs.

Personally, I believe anyone who posts in a Religion Forum should be cognizant that we are walking on another's holy ground and remain as respectful as possible. (This means respecting beliefs of non-believers just as much as respecting those with other beliefs.)

I try to edit out unbecoming remarks and remain focused on the topic under discussion. Ignoring all personal insults insures they succumb to the quick death they deserve.
I agree but I don’t think many others who post here would agree. I believe they rationalize their behaviors.

Joe gets his ass kicked and plays the " You are on ignore". When posters exile Joe Bloward to "Iggy-Land" it's because the poster can't handle Joe Boward's rapier wit, clever repartee......not because he is a card carryin' (_o_) and overall sack of shit....(snicker)

Joe gets his ass kicked and plays the " You are on ignore". When posters exile Joe Bloward to "Iggy-Land" it's because the poster can't handle Joe Boward's rapier wit, clever repartee......not because he is a card carryin' (_o_) and overall sack of shit....(snicker)

you obviously are a christian -

upload_2020-3-18_21-30-46.jpeg

salivating over evil is indeed forgivable by your own kind ... bing - meriweather.

Forum List

Back