Almost wrecked 3 times today and that was not even the bad news.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Towing a jobs trailer to our next remodel and every time I went over a bridge the trailer slid sideways from the tiny bit of snow we got.
Was 2 hours late getting there and told the customer how treacherous the drive was. 2 hours later she got a call that her niece died in a car accident on the same highway.
At this point I feel really awkward and am a loss for the proper protocol on moving forward. I normally don't take a deposit until after the first full days work but now i would feel terrible asking for it. She texted tonight with the codes to her house as she's going to be gone awhile.

Lay off da booze. O my. Idk what to say about that situation.

Lay off for a bit, I suppose.

Towing a jobs trailer to our next remodel and every time I went over a bridge the trailer slid sideways from the tiny bit of snow we got.
Was 2 hours late getting there and told the customer how treacherous the drive was. 2 hours later she got a call that her niece died in a car accident on the same highway.
At this point I feel really awkward and am a loss for the proper protocol on moving forward. I normally don't take a deposit until after the first full days work but now i would feel terrible asking for it. She texted tonight with the codes to her house as she's going to be gone awhile.

OMG....that's awful...I don't know know that there is a protocol :( Glad you did not wreck.

It's crappy where I am....but I stayed home.

Geez, that's tough. For you, yes. For your customer, even more.

Good you are safe.

There is no protocol in this situation, I think. Go with your gut.

• Banned
Lay off da booze.
What the hell are you talking about?

Fucking idiot

I'd prepare myself to put that job on hold indefinitely.

"Fucking idiot asshole"
That is not an option. The water and part of the electrical has been shut down and old connections removed.
So in their worst time you would just leave them on partial power and water with walls & fixtures removed...

And I'm the idiot?

Do the right thing. Take a leap of faith and start the job.

Lay off da booze.

Fucking idiot

"Fucking idiot asshole"
That is not an option. The water and part of the electrical has been shut down and old connections removed.
So in their worst time you would just leave them on partial power and water with walls & fixtures removed...

And I'm the idiot?

I didn't know they were living in the structure.

Pretty awkward. You'll need resources to fix things up, though.

I'd probably get the electric and water on, then ask for some reimbursement.

Idk asshole, I don't even do jobs for people when it's "just business" ok?

I don't even deal with those type of people, so I don't know what to tell you.

Oh, it's just business? Find somebody else, then. I'm sure you can find someone cheaper.

OMG....that's awful...I don't know know that there is a protocol :( Glad you did not wreck.

It's crappy where I am....but I stayed home.
My theory is keep a few days supply of food and water in the house, wood for the fireplace or stove, battery operated small appliances/radio, candles, etc. In case of inclement weather. During the famous Columbus Day storm back in 1962, we were several days w/o electricity. We had a wood stove in the basement and my mom cooked on that for a week. If you are just snowed in or have had a big storm, you can stay warm, dry and cozy inside with the right supplies and a wood stove or fireplace. Way back then we had a coal furnace, so we weren't cold.

I went without power and water for 6 days this year, ever hear of Irma?

Yes you should get their water on, partial power may be enough, idk.

Lay off da booze.

Fucking idiot

"Fucking idiot asshole"

And I'm the idiot?

Just ask the woman how she wants you to proceed, and mention the deposit. She obviously expects you to continue. You can do it in a tactful way. I'm sure she is mature enough to realize that life continues.

Were you well prepared?

Yes.

As for towing a trailer and it going sideways, dumbass, (OP) all you had to do was slow down. True story.

All you had to do was get off that cell phone and watch your speed, seriously.

Glad you are ok. Man I don't miss those driving conditions. I remember a few times in Maryland ice storms hitting the brakes and sliding into intersections and just bracing for the wreck. No clue on your situation, really horrible.

Were you well prepared?

Yes.

As for towing a trailer and it going sideways, dumbass, (OP) all you had to do was slow down. True story.

35 in a 70 is slow idiot. Black ice and high winds don't give a dam how slow you go.

Try not being a prick. You might enjoy it. Most of all others will definitely enjoy it.

Glad you are ok. Man I don't miss those driving conditions. I remember a few times in Maryland ice storms hitting the brakes and sliding into intersections and just bracing for the wreck. No clue on your situation, really horrible.
It was the winds that fucked me up. High winds with a 12 foot long, 8 foot high trailer is a bitch in dry conditions.

Were you well prepared?

Yes.

35 in a 70 is slow idiot. Black ice and high winds don't give a dam how slow you go.

Try not being a prick. You might enjoy it. Most of all others will definitely enjoy it.

No brakes on your trailer, or do you just not know how to use them?

Were you well prepared?

Yes.

:popcorn:

Were you well prepared?

Yes.

Nah, it'd be against my nature.

35 mph is the speed hydroplaning occurs at.

Forum List

Back