Alleged Terror Plot Foiled at JFK Airport

Will liberals still say the war on terror is a lie to keep the people in a panic?

http://www.wnbc.com/news/13431721/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Terrorism is no lie...no joke. But rather than take steps to actively engage our allies...secure our borders and ports of entry...secure our chemical and nuclear facilities, the Bush administration has preferred to employ the rhetoric of fear against American citizens...to create a mentality and culture of fear in this country for their own political ends. A mentality and culture which runs counter to all this nation has stood for since it was established. I can only imagine the disgust the Founding Fathers would regard the band of cravens now occupying the seats of government in Washington.

It is only in the fever dreams of this administration and its slavish supporters that liberals, or anyone else, thinks terrorism is a lie. The real lies launched this nation into a war of aggression and occupation against a nation which had NOTHING to do with the attacks of 9/11 or the terrorism spawned by al Qaeda. It was only after the invasion and occupation of Iraq that the, now failed, state of Iraq became a mecca for terrorist training and a major source of funding for al Qaeda.

The lies from the Bush Administration continue unabated as the occupation of Iraq grinds on...the accrual of power in the hands of the executive branch continues on little cat feet...the sacrifice of our blood and treasure continues without visible end...terrorist incidents continue their bloody proliferation around the world...You and your fellow travelers babble on about nonsense.

Terrorism is no lie...no joke. But rather than take steps to actively engage our allies...secure our borders and ports of entry...secure our chemical and nuclear facilities, the Bush administration has preferred to employ the rhetoric of fear against American citizens...to create a mentality and culture of fear in this country for their own political ends. A mentality and culture which runs counter to all this nation has stood for since it was established. I can only imagine the disgust the Founding Fathers would regard the band of cravens now occupying the seats of government in Washington.

It is only in the fever dreams of this administration and its slavish supporters that liberals, or anyone else, thinks terrorism is a lie. The real lies launched this nation into a war of aggression and occupation against a nation which had NOTHING to do with the attacks of 9/11 or the terrorism spawned by al Qaeda. It was only after the invasion and occupation of Iraq that the, now failed, state of Iraq became a mecca for terrorist training and a major source of funding for al Qaeda.

The lies from the Bush Administration continue unabated as the occupation of Iraq grinds on...the accrual of power in the hands of the executive branch continues on little cat feet...the sacrifice of our blood and treasure continues without visible end...terrorist incidents continue their bloody proliferation around the world...You and your fellow travelers babble on about nonsense.

What lies?

That Saddma had WMD's and was a threat?

Please remember (if you don;t I will remind you) Dems said the same things about Saddam and his WMD's as Pres Bush

What lies?

That Saddma had WMD's and was a threat?

Please remember (if you don;t I will remind you) Dems said the same things about Saddam and his WMD's as Pres Bush

Need I remind YOU, that Congress was privy only to the flawed intel the Bush administration presented. The members of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees who did have access to the real intel lacked the moral courage to buck the Administration and tell the Congress and the people what was really afoot. Every member who voted for that use of force authorization, knowing they didn't have all of the facts, lacked the courage of their convictions and placed their political careers over the lives of our troops.

And, as history has shown us, the threat of Saddam's WMD's was indeed a lie.

Need I remind YOU, that Congress was privy only to the flawed intel the Bush administration presented. The members of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees who did have access to the real intel lacked the moral courage to buck the Administration and tell the Congress and the people what was really afoot. Every member who voted for that use of force authorization, knowing they didn't have all of the facts, lacked the courage of their convictions and placed their political careers over the lives of our troops.

You must not be up on current events

Dems did NOT read the intel that was provided to them

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A44837-2004Apr26?language=printer

A bald face LIE. Congress is not controlled by the President, the President can NOT dictate to them what intel they receive, Nor from whom. I am still waiting for some evidence that Bush illegally interfered in Congress's ability to receive independent briefings. Still waiting for evidence that Bush "cooked" the books AND somehow illegally arranged for ONLY his version of events to be presented to Congress.

You must not be up on current events

Dems did NOT read the intel that was provided to them

And you failed to pay attention. Read the bold print.

Need I remind YOU, that Congress was privy only to the flawed intel the Bush administration presented. The members of the House and Senate Intelligence Committees who did have access to the real intel lacked the moral courage to buck the Administration and tell the Congress and the people what was really afoot. <b><i>Every member who voted for that use of force authorization, knowing they didn't have all of the facts, lacked the courage of their convictions and placed their political careers over the lives of our troops</b></i>.

And, I might add, they allowed themselves to be stampeded into decision out of fear of confronting a 'war' president. Spineless cowards the lot of them.

And you failed to pay attention. Read the bold print.

And, I might add, they allowed themselves to be stampeded into decision out of fear of confronting a 'war' president. Spineless cowards the lot of them.

Stampeded? How many months of debate were held before Pres Bush gave the go ahead to attack?

It is only a matter of time before the ACLU and the liberals start insisting that these 4 people were railroaded to scare us in the schemeing lie that is Bush's war on Terror.

Why any day now Bush will declare himself Dictator for life.

got a link?

will that make you happy? why?

A bald face LIE. Congress is not controlled by the President, the President can NOT dictate to them what intel they receive, Nor from whom. I am still waiting for some evidence that Bush illegally interfered in Congress's ability to receive independent briefings. Still waiting for evidence that Bush "cooked" the books AND somehow illegally arranged for ONLY his version of events to be presented to Congress.

psssst, RGS, congress was controlled by republicans in 2002, have you conviniently forgotten that fact?

Libs will probably say this is a another scare tactic by Pres Bush to try and increase his poll numbers

Meanwhile, San Fran Nan and White Flag Harry will hold hearing to make sure the terrorists rights were not violated during the investagation

Alleged Terror Plot Foiled at JFK Airport
Saturday, June 02, 2007

NEW YORK — Three people were arrested and one other was being sought in connection to a plan to set off explosives at John F. Kennedy International Airport, officials close to the investigation said.

The plot, which never got past the planning stages, did not involve airplanes or passenger terminals, according to the two officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity because details of the arrests had not yet been announced. They did not elaborate on the specific target at the airport, one of the nation's busiest.

Details were to be given out at a 1 p.m. news conference
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,277337,00.html

Alleged is all this plot appeared to be. No money, no plan, no explosives, no inside information, no understanding of the basic principles of physics and chemistry. Just another gang of yahoos who couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel.

Alleged is all this plot appeared to be. No money, no plan, no explosives, no inside information, no understanding of the basic principles of physics and chemistry. Just another gang of yahoos who couldn't pour piss from a boot if the instructions were printed on the heel.

Should they be ignored?

According to Motor Mouth Murtha, the attempted attack on JFK is Bush's fault - the US is in Iraq

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS, HOST: I want to get back to my first question, but let me pick up on something you said just there. You believe that these homegrown terrorist plots are being inspired by the U.S. work in Iraq right now?

JOHN MURTHA, CONGRESSMAN: Absolutely. George, they were inspired by them all over the world. Our presence in Iraq, our occupation in Iraq, gives these people the inspiration. Now, we didn’t have this problem before, they came from Afghanistan. But, now we even have it in the United States. So, I’m absolutely convinced that this is the kind of thing that inspires these people
http://newsbusters.org/node/13181

Forum List

Back