Alleged Lee Zeldin attempted attacker charged with felony, immediately released just as congressman predicted

I’ve been on vacation for a few weeks in Europe. Took some great photos. Seems like you need one.

Just catching up but it looks like some dude attempted to attack a candidate with a kitty cat key ring and was arrested and will likely be convicted of said crime. I approve of arrest and likely conviction.
Do you approve of same day release back into society? If that were a MAGA hat wearer and Chuck Schumer you would say the same? Nope. Hypocrite

A man who allegedly attacked Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., with a sharp object at a campaign stop in Perinton, New York, Thursday evening was charged with a felony and released from custody within hours of his arrest, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department said.

The suspect, identified as David G. Jakubonis, 43 of Fairport, N.Y., was charged with attempted assault in the second degree.

He was arraigned in Perinton Town Court and released on his own recognizance, the sheriff’s department said.

Alleged Lee Zeldin attempted attacker charged with felony, immediately released just as congressman predicted

What the blue fuck is wrong with NY?

Now, imagine the scenario if he was carrying & protected himself by ventilating the attacker.

Kindling

The Commies keep stacking it higher and higher

I did miss you. Sob sob sob. Humor me. Do you believe he should be on on the streets today?

Based on the law of the state of NY, yes. Initially I did not think so, but after watching the video and reading a couple stories about the laws of the state as well as the fact the dude was drunk when it happened, I think the charge against him was appropriate.

Do you approve of same day release back into society? If that were a MAGA hat wearer and Chuck Schumer you would say the same? Nope. Hypocrite
You’re super testy and confrontational. Try decaf. If it were a bar fight between Schumer and Pelosi you’d be making jokes and laughing. I’ve done nothing other than comment that the dude should get what legally is coming to him.

B3511DA5-CBDD-4D3F-8666-1998DB395909.jpeg

A man who allegedly attacked Rep. Lee Zeldin, R-N.Y., with a sharp object at a campaign stop in Perinton, New York, Thursday evening was charged with a felony and released from custody within hours of his arrest, the Monroe County Sheriff’s Department said.

The suspect, identified as David G. Jakubonis, 43 of Fairport, N.Y., was charged with attempted assault in the second degree.

He was arraigned in Perinton Town Court and released on his own recognizance, the sheriff’s department said.

Now, imagine the scenario if he was carrying & protected himself by ventilating the attacker.
If Zeldin were a democrat this would be the lead story for the next month at least.

another demafasict brownshirt assassination attempt. they are getting way out of hand

No one charged with a violent felony EVER gets a PR bond...EVER!!!

The relatively new bail law in NY State (part of the Criminal Procedure Law) is a mess. Good for the defense bar and for most people charged with a crime. It divides crimes into “qualified” offense and non qualifiying offenses. Most violent felonies (but not necessarily all) will make you eligible for the judge to set a bail on you. Defendants and their lawyers prefer the charges which are not bail eligible. You get your “ROR” and scoot out of court after your arraignment.

But it’s never that simple. There are exceptions and so forth whereby some zealous prosecutors can try to get some defendants held in bail. But for first arrests at least and for almost all misdemeanors, arrests don’t usually mean being held for too long.

Turns out the attacker was a drunk Iraqi war veteran. He’s a nutty right wing gun advocate who just got drunk and wanted to fight, or maybe a mental health victim. Care to comment now?? I don’t see you posting about military veterans and healthcare.

You my bitch now.

According to the criminal complaint filed Saturday, Jakubonis, an Iraqi War Army veteran, allegedly told authorities he had consumed whiskey on the day of the campaign event and "must have checked out" as he walked on the stage and asked if Zeldin was disrespecting veterans. Jakubonis told authorities he did not know who Zeldin was at the time.

31A8894A-8A96-40C4-A07A-071AEBD5364B.png

Turns out the attacker was a drunk Iraqi war veteran. He’s a nutty right wing gun advocate who just got drunk and wanted to fight, or maybe a mental health victim. Care to comment now?? I don’t see you posting about military veterans and healthcare.

You my bitch now.

According to the criminal complaint filed Saturday, Jakubonis, an Iraqi War Army veteran, allegedly told authorities he had consumed whiskey on the day of the campaign event and "must have checked out" as he walked on the stage and asked if Zeldin was disrespecting veterans. Jakubonis told authorities he did not know who Zeldin was at the time.

View attachment 674189
Yes, a Kitty Cat key ring is the perfect tool for assasination

Maybe if he charged the stage with an AR-15, Conservatives would defend him

Based on the law of the state of NY, yes. Initially I did not think so, but after watching the video and reading a couple stories about the laws of the state as well as the fact the dude was drunk when it happened, I think the charge against him was appropriate.
you think being drunk is an excuse to attempting to assassinate a member of congress? really?

Forum List

Back