All-time Mt. Rushmore of NFL QB's

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
So who would you put up there?

Montana, Brady, Farve, Manning, Marino, Elway, Bradshaw, Rogers, Starr, Fouts add a name?

Give us the best four and why.

Namath???? 68 wins, 71 losses and 4 ties, in his 132 career starts.

In 1999, he was ranked number 96 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players.
I guess I see him as another 'founder' of sorts.
Hey.....it took a lot for this Dolphin fan to nominate him!!

Don't pay me any mind. Ask the guys around here how my fantasy season went

Kind of a Dolphin fan myself. Got to be good friends with Chad Pennington when I lived in South Florida.

To this day Randy Moss claims Chad Pennington threw the best balls anyone's ever thrown to him. Kind of surprising when the guy's (moss) played with Brady. I alwas liked CP, real nice guy.

Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, John Elway, Andrew Luck (when it's all said and done)

Edit: for now I guess I would have to put Dan Marino instead of Luck

Edit 2: Brady for Elway. That one hurts.

Last edited:
Montana, Elway, Tarkenton, Marino

Montana for his magic and poise in big games. Elway for his unparalleled physical talent. Tark for his revolutionary athletic play and passing ability. Marino for his quick release, arm strength and offensive mind.

Montana, Elway, Marino, and Manning or Brady.

The best I have seen and will be there soon, is Andrew Luck, the guy has a gift.

Favre was an ambitious winner, but probably not one of the greatest qb's i.m.o, he made way too many bonehead mistakes and int's and game losing plays -

Montana, to me, was the goat

I'm going to cheat and do two lists because I think the game has really become so different because of the rules it's impossible to correlate one era with another.

Johnny Unitas, Roger Staubach, Joe Montana & Otto Graham are going on my list for playing quarterback under the "old" football rules when it was still legal to hit a quarterback.

Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rogers would go on my list for playing under the current rules where quarterbacks should wear a skirt they are so protected. I'm only doing those three and I'll keep a spot open on the modern Mt. Rushmore for the next big thing. Could be Andrew Luck...

Favre was an ambitious winner, but probably not one of the greatest qb's i.m.o, he made way too many bonehead mistakes and int's and game losing plays -

Montana, to me, was the goat

Had Favre played with a great defense, a good RB, he would've been reigned in some. That's what happened to a degree in 09; and he put up career bests in the twilight of his career.

Forum List

Back