All this nonsense about the “Experts” and “The Science”.

What an arrogant little punk.

The irony of course being the fact that I am the one deferring to qualified experts while these rednecks think their views on various aspects of science are actually worth something.

Experts you associate yourself with much more than these "rednecks" you are climbing up on milk crates to try and look down on?

That shadow you see moving your way is life's big-ass foot, kid. Alter your attitude now or you and your adolescent ego will be getting scraped off on a sidewalk (metaphorically speaking).

Experts you associate yourself with much more than these "rednecks" you are climbing up on milk crates to try and look down on?
He is right. His arrogance does not even begin to approach that of these ignorant cacklers who think they have outsmarted the global scientific community.

You're not going to start talking about "settled science" now, are ya?

No...why? I mean, you and anyone are free to jump off your roof 1000 times and report back how many times you fall up.

Right. We only understand what we understand. For example, the basic theory of evolution is a fact.
1606960639535.png

No...why? I mean, you and anyone are free to jump off your roof 1000 times and report back how many times you fall up.

Right. We only understand what we understand. For example, the basic theory of evolution is a fact.
View attachment 424466
I didn't move any goalposts. We understand what we understand. Our theory of gravity is an effective theory. We understand that massive objects will exert an attractive force on each other. You're fishing, but nothing's biting.

It's the Republican way!

It's surprisingly difficult to get through to some plumber or electrician why their views on complex scientific matters are worth approximately dick compared to scientists that know more than anybody else in the world. These boobs wouldn't even comprehend what's being said in the research.
Where I draw the line is between a scientific theorist and a mathematical genius. And frankly a Scientist maybe no better than his instructor. One can discuss and work through an equation; however, a person who insists that all life evolved from lower lifeforms and cannot even demonstrate how life originated from inert substances, simply is not equal to a mathematician who understands calculus.

Rather that think, many people would rather simply link to “experts” or “follow the science”.

I blame our education system and the teachers and professors for doing a shitty job often intentionally. Young people are no longer taught to think.

If you thought about it at all, you’d realize that there are some significant problems with this.

First of all, science and scientists are fallible, they are human too. If you know history, you will know that sciencehas been wrongmore often than right. Scientists USED to believe that they learned just as much from being wrong as they did from being right.

Another problem is that science is for sale. Give a scientist a job and pay him well and he’ll give you science to say whatever you want. Did you know that the tobacco companies had teams of scientists on their side years ago who would claim that there was no link to health problems from smoking.

Another problem with trusting the science and scientists is that science has been politicized. It’s easy to do. Our institutions of “learning” are run by the left and if you want to keep a job and want to be taken seriously, you toe the line.

The biggest danger in letting someone else think for you is that you can easily be duped. Just trot out a well paid and politically connected “expert” and they can get you to believe anything they want you to.

that’s exactly the goal of education and politics today. Keeping people from thinking for themselves.

Trump has done all your thinking for you for 5 years. I would bet you a buck you can't point to any major difference you've had with Trump where you disagreed with him

Science changes as new facts develop.

a person who insists that all life evolved from lower lifeforms and cannot even demonstrate how life originated from inert substances
Those two things do not rely on each other. Please stay away from scientific topics. They are not your strong suit.

People look to experts because they're not arrogant fuckwits that think they have the depth of knowledge, experience and context to contend with the views of people that do it for a living. Are you going to question the views of neurosurgeons on matters involving your brain? Most people are smart enough to listen to their fucking mechanic. The magnitude of arrogance and ignorance it takes to wave off the views of the most qualified people on Earth is staggering.

The important thing that appears to be lost to you is that you don’t have to be an arrogant fuckwit. It shouldn’t be beyond the average person, to think for themselves.

The Neurosurgeons that I have worked with, and there have been several, all consult with the patient and the patient’s families as to what should be the best treatment, and often times the patient makes decisions that are different from what the doctor wants to do.

Do you ALWAYS listen to a mechanic? You shouldn’t, you will get ripped off quite a bit. Thanks for mentioning that, it makes my point.

Thinking for yourself, you should try it.

I'm not going to put any more energy into explaining to you the depth of your ignorance compared to scientists in their own field of expertise. You were always going to find some way to rationalize your arrogant and ignorant behavior. I would laugh at you if I wasn't so disgusted that people like you actually manage to hinder science with your stupidity. Have a nice night you doorknob.
Go fuck yourself bed wetter.

Rather that think, many people would rather simply link to “experts” or “follow the science”.

I blame our education system and the teachers and professors for doing a shitty job often intentionally. Young people are no longer taught to think.

If you thought about it at all, you’d realize that there are some significant problems with this.

First of all, science and scientists are fallible, they are human too. If you know history, you will know that sciencehas been wrongmore often than right. Scientists USED to believe that they learned just as much from being wrong as they did from being right.

Another problem is that science is for sale. Give a scientist a job and pay him well and he’ll give you science to say whatever you want. Did you know that the tobacco companies had teams of scientists on their side years ago who would claim that there was no link to health problems from smoking.

Another problem with trusting the science and scientists is that science has been politicized. It’s easy to do. Our institutions of “learning” are run by the left and if you want to keep a job and want to be taken seriously, you toe the line.

The biggest danger in letting someone else think for you is that you can easily be duped. Just trot out a well paid and politically connected “expert” and they can get you to believe anything they want you to.

that’s exactly the goal of education and politics today. Keeping people from thinking for themselves.
If I'm wrong, you can correct me, but is this basically about science only being taught in public schools and not including "intelligent-design?"
If so, as we have many religions here, an "elective/optional" class is acceptable, but not in an actual science class.
When religious parents complain that their religion isn't being taught in public schools, they actually want their religion proselytized towards the other children, for if you say that they should then hear equally about other religions, they refuse that. The public schools are there to teach, as the old saying goes, "the three R's," plus science, history and a few other classes. Religion isn't science and never has been. It's simply a "fill in the gaps, where we don't have all the answers, stance and that isn't science." Only belief.

Trump has done all your thinking for you for 5 years. I would bet you a buck you can't point to any major difference you've had with Trump where you disagreed with him

No, he hasn’t. That’s just more partisan garbage you like to state because it’s easier for you to do that than to think.

If I'm wrong, you can correct me, but is this basically about science only being taught in public schools and not including "intelligent-design?"
If so, as we have many religions here, an "elective/optional" class is acceptable, but not in an actual science class.
When religious parents complain that their religion isn't being taught in public schools, they actually want their religion proselytized towards the other children, for if you say that they should then hear equally about other religions, they refuse that. The public schools are there to teach, as the old saying goes, "the three R's," plus science, history and a few other classes. Religion isn't science and never has been. It's simply a "fill in the gaps, where we don't have all the answers, stance and that isn't science." Only belief.

I don’t understand what intelligent design has to do with this.

No, he hasn’t. That’s just more partisan garbage you like to state because it’s easier for you to do that than to think.

The challenge remains:

" I would bet you a buck you can't point to any major difference you've had with Trump where you disagreed with him "

Put up or shut up.

The challenge remains:

" I would bet you a buck you can't point to any major difference you've had with Trump where you disagreed with him "

Put up or shut up.
Not that I have to take seriously anything you demand, but this is too easy to do. I don’t now, nor have I ever, like the way he spends money. He spends like a Democrat. Now that you have been defeated, take your partisan stupidity elsewhere.

The challenge remains:

Put up or shut up.
Not that I have to take seriously anything you demand, but this is too easy to do. I don’t now, nor have I ever, like the way he spends money. He spends like a Democrat. Now that you have been defeated, take your partisan stupidity elsewhere.

Funny you can't cite where you really disagreed with him though over 5 years. You've been quite programmable.

Forum List

Back