All these Congressional Subpoenas...

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
The Democrats in Congress have publicly announced that they intend to figuratively give the President and every significant personage connected with his Administration and campaign a record-colonoscopy.

Just to satisfy themselves that nothing wrong was done by any of them. Ever.

I have two major problems with this. First, how is it that you lose your Fourth Amendment "Right of Privacy" (speaking figuratively; the Right of Privacy does not actually exist, as such, in the Constitution) when you accept a position in the Trump Administration (or campaign).

These people ALREADY file a small package of disclosure forms, exposing their financial condition, income, assets and liabilities, interests in any business, as well as the information necessary to obtain a security clearance. (In "these people" I also include the President).

What gives Congress the right to demand more? Starting with the President's tax returns and going on from there, what gives them the right? It's certainly nowhere in the Constitution, and I doubt that it is included in any law.

Second, even ignoring the fact that Congress is NOT the Branch of Government charged with criminal investigations and law enforcement, since when do we START with "show us everything," THEN try to find a crime?

This is the way "criminal justice" was accomplished in the old Soviet Union.

Ever heard the expression, "probable cause"? In THIS country, we start with evidence that a crime has been committed, THEN indict someone and start demanding information.

While I'm sure that "Executive Privilege" will be mentioned over the next few months, my objection goes beyond that. I think the Administration should just tell the lot of them to go fuck themselves, and take it to the Supreme Court. I think Congress will lose.

Wrong. The adults now in charge of the House are doing what the republican children avoided doing for two years.

Their job.

Wrong. The adults now in charge of the House are doing what the republican children avoided doing for two years.

Their job.
Damn and all this time I thought their job was to pass laws for the betterment of the U.S. And her people not to play partisan politics. Well I guess if you have no better agenda then to find anything to remove a president you go with your only strong suit.

Their job.
Damn and all this time I thought their job was to pass laws for the betterment of the U.S. And her people not to play partisan politics. Well I guess if you have no better agenda then to find anything to remove a president you go with your only strong suit.
Not playing politics, investigating criminals.

They might as well, with the nut-bars still in residence in the Senate nothing real can get passed anyway.

Their job.

What is the charge?
Have you been living under rock?

Mueller has been investigating colllusion, not a crime, and obstruction for two years.
Don't they trust Mueller?
BTW, the President can fire anyone in the administration for any reason, it's not obstruction.

What are the new charges? What crimes are going to be proved by tax returns?

The Democrats in Congress have publicly announced that they intend to figuratively give the President and every significant personage connected with his Administration and campaign a record-colonoscopy.

I have two major problems with this. First, how is it that you lose your Fourth Amendment "Right of Privacy" (speaking figuratively; the Right of Privacy does not actually exist, as such, in the Constitution) when you accept a position in the Trump Administration (or campaign).

These people ALREADY file a small package of disclosure forms, exposing their financial condition, income, assets and liabilities, interests in any business, as well as the information necessary to obtain a security clearance. (In "these people" I also include the President).

What gives Congress the right to demand more? Starting with the President's tax returns and going on from there, what gives them the right? It's certainly nowhere in the Constitution, and I doubt that it is included in any law.

Second, even ignoring the fact that Congress is NOT the Branch of Government charged with criminal investigations and law enforcement, since when do we START with "show us everything," THEN try to find a crime?

Ever heard the expression, "probable cause"? In THIS country, we start with evidence that a crime has been committed, THEN indict someone and start demanding information.

While I'm sure that "Executive Privilege" will be mentioned over the next few months, my objection goes beyond that. I think the Administration should just tell the lot of them to go fuck themselves, and take it to the Supreme Court. I think Congress will lose.

You never heard of congressional oversight?

Don't they have to have some sort of factual basis to smother The Executive Branch with Subpoenas?

From what I am reading the Democrats are going to launch an harassment campaign from The House. They are currently trying to subpoena 60 Trump Officials.

The goal is to completely disrupt our government. There should be some kind of restrictions on their ability to do this. Not sure what that is. If someone knows, I'd like to hear about it.

The Democrats have launched over 17 Investigations in to every aspect of President Trump's life, costing over $100 Million dollars so far. When does the madness stop?

Their job.

What is the charge?

Mueller has been investigating colllusion, not a crime, and obstruction for two years.
BTW, the President can fire anyone in the administration for any reason, it's not obstruction.

In spite of dOnald tRump's assertions Mueller is a republican, and thus at least a little bit untrustworthy. Add that to a puppet AG and rosenstein's ouster and we need to get some trustworthy eyes on the matter.

You never heard of congressional oversight?

I think the GOP has a point on this matter in the narrow context that oversight should be limited to the oversight of Governmental bodies/activities Like the committee on the inauguration or whatever it was called. Firm footing there. Hauling the President’s advisors before them seems like an abuse of power.

Of course at the root of all of this is Trump denying he had any business in Russia—personally saying he did not—and Hope Hicks saying that he campaign had no foreign involvement; both have turned out to be false. So the investigation by the Congress in this case may have been correct.

Of course, we have an OIC up and running as well. Why the two investigations?

Their job.

They might as well, with the nut-bars still in residence in the Senate nothing real can get passed anyway.
Funny I thought to investigate a crime you had to have a crime to investigate. Most of the time that is the way it is done in America. In places like North Korea they investigate to find crimes. Thank god the Democrates in congress are as diligent as North Korea. We can't let America continue down that terrible road of freedom.

Yeah it would be a real shame to pass something bipartisan, only bipolar will do. Right?

I remember just watching from the sidelines with not a great deal of interest, the impeachment of Bill Clinton. My thoughts were "he was elected. Maybe he is morally not a great guy, maybe he tells a fib or two, but, he is elected, and that's that. Let him do his job".

I smell this right now, and I am guessing this will provide sympathy for Trump. No better way to make the guy who they constantly call a bully, in fact, a victim of bullying; than by targeting him and his family ruthlessly. There will be more than a few Democrat voters who will say "the Kavanaugh Hearings and now this? It's too much. This is not the America I want".

They can do all they want, the voters are to decide the fate of your country. At least I bloody well hope this is still the case.

I knew this wouldn't end with Mueller
Its fucking pathetic. And more embarrasing than the dumbfuck in the white house

Their job.

Funny I thought to investigate a crime you had to have a crime to investigate. Most of the time that is the way it is done in America. In places like North Korea they investigate to find crimes. Thank god the Democrates in congress are as diligent as North Korea. We can't let America continue down that terrible road of freedom.

Yeah it would be a real shame to pass something bipartisan, only bipolar will do. Right?
We have crimes.

Where have you been?

Their job.

What is the charge?

In spite of dOnald tRump's assertions Mueller is a republican, and thus at least a little bit untrustworthy. Add that to a puppet AG and rosenstein's ouster and we need to get some trustworthy eyes on the matter.

So which one is it? Collusion, which isn't a crime or obstruction, that the President can't commit by firing someone?

Their job.

What is the charge?

So which one is it? Collusion, which isn't a crime or obstruction, that the President can't commit by firing someone?
Where did you get the idea it had to be one or the other?

And stop saying "collusion" when you mean "conspiracy".

Their job.

We have crimes.

Where have you been?
Funny. Name any one other then from almost ten years ago.
Mueller was all the rage he was going to find out everything to bring down Trump. Now according to the unhinged he is partisan and not to be trusted.

Their job.

We have crimes.

Where have you been?
Funny. Name any one other then from almost ten years ago.
Mueller was all the rage he was going to find out everything to bring down Trump. Now according to the unhinged he is partisan and not to be trusted.
Name any one other what?

Their job.

What is the charge?

You just hurt your argument. Mueller IS a Republican, Trump isn't. He's an Outsider businessman who ran under the GOP flag.

If Trump were an Establishment Politician there almost certainly wouldn't be an investigation, nor the outrage for 2016 I imagine.

Forum List

Back