All Star Night

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
The city where I teach is pretty large and very densely populated. We have six high schools in the city. Last night was a ceremony to recognize the accomplishments of outstanding athletes for all sports at all schools. It was a great night. So many kids feeling good about themselves being honored in front of family and friends. The mayor and other local dignitaries were part of the event. I had planned it out so I would host the end-of-season banquet for the wrestling team coinciding with the city-wide "All Star Night." A few wrestlers were singled out for special recognition and the other guys turned out to support them. The parents of one of the wrestlers receiving special recognition are relatively new arrivals to the US and had no idea what was going on, but they were so proud of their son. The look on their faces was more than worth the $$$$ I dropped on the banquet earlier. Sports can benefit students and communities in so many ways.

Last edited:
The city where I teach is pretty large and very densely populated. We have six high schools in the city. Last night was a ceremony to recognize the accomplishments of outstanding athletes for all sports at all schools. It was a great night. So many kids feeling good about themselves being honored in front of family and friends. The mayor and other local dignitaries were part of the event. I had planned it out so I would host the end-of-season banquet for the wrestling team coinciding with the city-wide "All Star Night." A few wrestlers were singled out for special recognition and the other guys turned out to support them. The parents of one of the wrestlers receiving special recognition are relatively new arrivals to the US and had no idea what was going on, but they were so proud of their son. The look on their faces was more than worth the $$$$ I dropped on the banquet earlier. Sports can benefit students and communities in so many ways.

What accomplishments? You said A few wrestlers were singled out for special recognition. Were they all League or All State?

Forum List

Back