Alex Jones Bites His Tongue

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Conspiracy Nutjob Alex Jones Apologizes for Spreading Pizzagate Fake News

By Daniel Politi

It was a rare sight. A media personality who has made his name by spreading patently false information and crackpot conspiracy theories, apologized for one of his favorite fake news items. Alex Jones of Infowars posted a surprising six-minute video on his website in which he read a legal-sounding document apologizing for his role in spreading claims that a Washington pizzeria was home to a child sex-trafficking ring run by Hillary Clinton and her campaign manager, John Podesta. Jones specifically addressed his apology to James Alefantis, the owner of Comet Ping Pong, which was thrust into the spotlight last year with what became the most stark example of how fake news spread during the presidential campaign.

“In our commentary about what had become known as Pizzagate, I made comments about Mr. Alefantis that in hindsight I regret, and for which I apologize to him,” Jones said.

<snip>

The article doesn't say why the windbag is apologizing but-----but my own conspiracy theory is Jones has probably done substantial damage to Ping pong Pizza's business and as part of an unreported settlement... and-----and I'm just theorizing that Jones was probably biting his tongue while confessing to being an abject liar.

Will "judge" Napolitano be next in the apology circle-jerk?

Conspiracy Nutjob Alex Jones Apologizes for Spreading Pizzagate Fake News

By Daniel Politi

It was a rare sight. A media personality who has made his name by spreading patently false information and crackpot conspiracy theories, apologized for one of his favorite fake news items. Alex Jones of Infowars posted a surprising six-minute video on his website in which he read a legal-sounding document apologizing for his role in spreading claims that a Washington pizzeria was home to a child sex-trafficking ring run by Hillary Clinton and her campaign manager, John Podesta. Jones specifically addressed his apology to James Alefantis, the owner of Comet Ping Pong, which was thrust into the spotlight last year with what became the most stark example of how fake news spread during the presidential campaign.

“In our commentary about what had become known as Pizzagate, I made comments about Mr. Alefantis that in hindsight I regret, and for which I apologize to him,” Jones said.

<snip>

The article doesn't say why the windbag is apologizing but-----but my own conspiracy theory is Jones has probably done substantial damage to Ping pong Pizza's business and as part of an unreported settlement... and-----and I'm just theorizing that Jones was probably biting his tongue while confessing to being an abject liar.

Wanna bet Jones has his fingers crossed behind his back as he apologizes?

"Alex Jones of Infowars posted a surprising six-minute video on his website in which he read a legal-sounding document apologizing for his role in spreading claims that a Washington pizzeria was home to a child sex-trafficking ring run by Hillary Clinton and her campaign manager, John Podesta."

And he should apologize for the hundreds of other false claims and lies he’s contrived and propagated over the years.

"Alex Jones of Infowars posted a surprising six-minute video on his website in which he read a legal-sounding document apologizing for his role in spreading claims that a Washington pizzeria was home to a child sex-trafficking ring run by Hillary Clinton and her campaign manager, John Podesta."

And he should apologize for the hundreds of other false claims and lies he’s contrived and propagated over the years.

Jones doesn't seem to have a moral compass, it would shock me to find out he's apologized for any other reason than part of a settlement for the damage he caused to Ping Pong Comet Pizzeria's business.

Conspiracy theorists feed off each other, Jones confesses as much... Jones: "It is surreal to talk about issues here on air and then word for word hear Trump say it two days later," he said in August. "It is amazing." No kidding 'lex! The POTUS bypassing the best intelligence money can buy and relying instead on a community college dropout whose stock in trade is imaginary bad guys under his bed, around every corner and behind every wall. No wonder-----no wonder more than two months into 45's administration POTUS has not only made an international fool of himself but he has many, many losses and no wins.

Alex Jones' Mis-Infowars: 7 Bat-Sh*t Conspiracy Theories

During the election season, Trump and Jones echoed each other's "alternative facts," both propagating false claims that Barack Obama was born in Kenya and that thousands of Muslims celebrated the collapse of the Twin Towers in New Jersey. Yet somewhere between Trump's fear-mongering about rigged elections and him tweeting lies like millions of undocumented immigrants voted for Hillary, even Jones expressed surprise that his theories were being given so much credence by such a powerful man. "It is surreal to talk about issues here on air and then word for word hear Trump say it two days later," he said in August. "It is amazing."

Forum List

Back