Alabama Tide is low

I do have a favorite team...the Seattle Seahawks...

The majority of team Alabama plays that are ranked are in the SEC. You can cherry pick other teams all day long but the truth is Alabama does not play ranked teams consistently outside of their conference (unless its a bowl game) unlike teams in the Big 10, Big 12 and the PAC 12 who travel from coast to coast. Even little old Boise State plays more games against ranked non-conference teams than Alabama and that is a fact.
How does it feel too lose two games in a row? Being favorite by 14 and losing by 14.....have a good cry. Maybe next year will be your year to beat some team like Beth Cook(ing) school.

Yeah, most of our ranked opponents are conference games. So? Does that make them easier? Look at who has won the BCS Championship 9 out of 16 years.

As for cherry picking, your entire argument revolves around how many ranked, nonconference teams Alabama plays and you don't want to count bowl games. LMAO! How about we only count the games played in the afternoon? It is ridiculous. Bama plays as tough a schedule, year in-year out, as anyone.

But I can tell how well we have done by the level the haters will stoop to.

Losing two games in a row sucks, that is the absolute truth.

But winning 90% of our games over the last 5 years feels pretty sweet!!
Winning 3 BCS Championships in 4 years feels even sweeter!
Losing only 4 games in 3 years feels great!!

Alabama looked damn good this year. It was the hurry up offenses that beat them.

I thought we looked good most of the season. We had some games that we didn't exactly shine in.

Saban's defenses don't do as well against a hurry up offense. I'm hoping that will change.

What's your point, other than you don't know how tough the SEC is. 9 schools in the top 25 in the nation. And it's clear you know nothing about rivalries ether and how they tie up schedules.

Also the fact that you don't realize that most of these teams play mostly schools in their region and conference. If they want to schedule the Pac 12 or any other conference they have to agree years in advance.

It would be easier to do it if they were independent like Notre Dame, but they aren't. Besides, that's the purpose of bowl games anyway. To allow teams to play teams from other conferences without an agreement between the two conferences to do a repeat.

He is hung up about ranked, out of conference, regular season opponents. He wants to dismiss the fact that Bama plays tough, ranked opponents in the regular season. The SEC. So its not about whether we play tough teams. It is about geography?

They don't notice that the Big 12 has , Baylor, OK state, Texass Tech, Kansas state . Texass is a huge rivalry with OU, and the two states that once almost went to war with each other over charging a bridge toll at the Red River, Yeee-ha!
OU also played Notre Dame and won this time. The SEC just got Texass A& M and Missouri. Missouri usually finished last or middle of the conference.

The Big12 has some intense rivalries. And some heavy hitters every year. Much respect for those guys.

He is hung up about ranked, out of conference, regular season opponents. He wants to dismiss the fact that Bama plays tough, ranked opponents in the regular season. The SEC. So its not about whether we play tough teams. It is about geography?

They don't notice that the Big 12 has , Baylor, OK state, Texass Tech, Kansas state . Texass is a huge rivalry with OU, and the two states that once almost went to war with each other over charging a bridge toll at the Red River, Yeee-ha!
OU also played Notre Dame and won this time. The SEC just got Texass A& M and Missouri. Missouri usually finished last or middle of the conference.

The Big12 has some intense rivalries. And some heavy hitters every year. Much respect for those guys.

I miss the old Nebraska rivalry. I saw them play in '73 when OU lost 31-35.
Old James Garner would go to the OU games. I would call out his name but he would not acknowledge.

Last edited:
What's your point, other than you don't know how tough the SEC is. 9 schools in the top 25 in the nation. And it's clear you know nothing about rivalries ether and how they tie up schedules.

Also the fact that you don't realize that most of these teams play mostly schools in their region and conference. If they want to schedule the Pac 12 or any other conference they have to agree years in advance.

It would be easier to do it if they were independent like Notre Dame, but they aren't. Besides, that's the purpose of bowl games anyway. To allow teams to play teams from other conferences without an agreement between the two conferences to do a repeat.

Missouri looks like they would have finished better this year. They just beat OK State, who was 3rd in the Big 12.

Oh, and btw Antiquity, one of OK State's 3 losses was to that nobody team, West Virginia.

Missouri looks like they would have finished better this year. They just beat OK State, who was 3rd in the Big 12.

Oh, and btw Antiquity, one of OK State's 3 losses was to that nobody team, West Virginia.

West Virginia is like Texas Tech, you had better watch out for a surprise. OSU is a team that has improved but not to the level of OU. Mizzouri(where I live now) has improved but, let's see if they can continue that success next year.

Last edited:

West Virginia is like Texas Tech, you had better watch out for a surprise.

I laughed when Antiquity talked like they were a cupcake team.

Ohio State lost. I am not to fond of that team. OU played them in 1977 and won, Woody Hayes was so mad at losing that when approached by an OU player to shake his hand after the game he pulled his hand away and hit the player hard on his back, and not in a sportsman like manner.

Ohio State lost. I am not to fond of that team. OU played them in 1977 and won, Woody Hayes was so mad at losing that when approached by an OU player to shake his hand after the game he pulled his hand away and hit the player hard on his back, and not in a sportsman like manner.

Yeah, Woody was crazy as a shithouse rat at the end. I'm not fond of OSU either. Way too cocky. That whole THE Ohio State nonsense.

And they still are, even though they have only played 2 teams in 2 years that were ranked in the top 15. And they lost both times.

Forum List

Back