Alabama School Band Message of Tolerance, Citing Bigotry of Alabamians

Rookie
Aug 28, 2011
yeah - they dropped it today (kind of)

they have bigger problems in Guata La Hoover High School...

Alabama fer Alabamans...
:clap2:
Hispanic students vanish from Alabama schools
Sep 30,`11 - Hispanic students have started vanishing from Alabama public schools in the wake of a court ruling that upheld the state's tough new law cracking down on illegal immigration.
Education officials say scores of immigrant families have withdrawn their children from classes or kept them home this week, afraid that sending the kids to school would draw attention from authorities. There are no precise statewide numbers. But several districts with large immigrant enrollments - from small towns to large urban districts - reported a sudden exodus of children of Hispanic parents, some of whom told officials they planned to leave the state to avoid trouble with the law, which requires schools to check students' immigration status.

The anxiety has become so intense that the superintendent in one of the state's largest cities, Huntsville, went on a Spanish-language television show Thursday to try to calm widespread worries. "In the case of this law, our students do not have anything to fear," Casey Wardynski said in halting Spanish. He urged families to send students to class and explained that the state is only trying to compile statistics. Police, he insisted, were not getting involved in schools.

Victor Palafox graduated from a high school in suburban Birmingham last year and has lived in the United States without documentation since age 6, when his parents brought him and his brother here from Mexico. "Younger students are watching their lives taken from their hands," said Palafox, whose family is staying put. In Montgomery County, more than 200 Hispanic students were absent the morning after the judge's Wednesday ruling. A handful withdrew. In tiny Albertville, 35 students withdrew in one day. And about 20 students in Shelby County, in suburban Birmingham, either withdrew or told teachers they were leaving.

Local and state officials are pleading with immigrant families to keep their children enrolled. The law does not ban anyone from school, they say, and neither students nor parents will be arrested for trying to get an education. But many Spanish-speaking families aren't waiting around to see what happens. A school worker in Albertville - a community with a large poultry industry that employs many Hispanic workers - said Friday that many families might leave town over the weekend for other states. About 22 percent of the community's 4,200 students are Hispanic.

MORE

This country needs a purging of illegal immigrants. Bring back 'Operation Wetback' that Ike used.

Personally, I don't see the problem with this at all because who would want to wear a shirt like that? If anybody purposely wears a shirt that is controversial, let's say "Fuck You" or "I Hit on Ya' Momma" or even " I'm Gay, Bitch" then your bound to get your ass kicked.

Some are hopeful that the attention brought to LGBT bullying over the past year will make schools safer this year, but Hoover High School in Alabama is not off to a very good start. School officials told 15-year-old Sara Couvillon that she shouldn’t wear her “gay? fine by me” t-shirt because they were “concerned for her safety.”
Alabama Student’s Pro-Gay Shirt Censored Out Of ‘Concern For Her Safety’ | ThinkProgress

:facepalm:

You know schools are in a catch 22 sometimes. That school in CA is being sued now for allowing that boy who was killed to wear lipstick and dresses. If they had not allowed such they would have been sued. I do not think they should have banned her shirt but I can see with the lawsuit in CA it might be a concern.

This country needs a purging of illegal immigrants. Bring back 'Operation Wetback' that Ike used.

glenn rice is a citizen; i guess that's why sarah banged him.

What's the title of this thread del?

Who's more on the OP track del?

Not you

Who's off the track and trolling (as a member) del?

You

just sayin...

Last edited:

You need to grow up and act mature and quit stalking my posts. That is what you are doing you know? You are obsessed with me and the allegation that Palin slept with Glen Rice which has been deemed false. Do you know how immature you are acting saying off the wall baseless stuff like you are doing? It's pathetic. It's childish. You need to wipe your ass with your aweful comments and grow the hell up and become a real adult and act like one and do like a real man would and apoligize to me on this board.

Last edited:

Not you

You

just sayin...

I agree. He is attempting to derail posts with his sexual perverted psychological obsession of the allegation which has been deemed false of Palin and Glen Rice sleeping together. It is indeed trolling. He has never offered any political substantial subject response to any political thread subject since I have been here. Not one. It's very sad. I told him to join the Peace Corp or enlist in the military for it would establish maturity in him which he so desperately needs. He is harrassing my threads and posts. It has to stop. Thanks for your observations about Del.

LOL. This is the whole problem with GLBL or whatever the hell they call themselves. Don't protect gay kids from bullying. Protect all kids from bullying. I don't care if you @#$ a @#% or not. No kid should be bullied. Increase the punishment until the threshold is high enough to thwart all of it. Why is that a hard concept?

"Hey. Gay kids are getting bullied, we need to protect them"
"I know, lets increase the punishment and make them a special case of bullying"
"ORRR we could combine forces and increase the punishment of bullying ANYBODY"
"What, you're against gay rights? You think gay people should be bullied?"
"I think gay kids should be bullied just as much as every other kid. Zero."
"You hate gay people".

God this is stupid.

Mike

Not you

You

just sayin...

I agree. He is attempting to derail posts with his sexual perverted psychological obsession of the allegation which has been deemed false of Palin and Glen Rice sleeping together. It is indeed trolling. He has never offered any political substantial subject response to any political thread subject since I have been here. Not one. It's very sad. I told him to join the Peace Corp or enlist in the military for it would establish maturity in him which he so desperately needs. He is harrassing my threads and posts. It has to stop. Thanks for your observations about Del.

I'm still waiting for him to post something of substance...i'll keep on the look out though:eusa_eh:

Not you

You

just sayin...

I'm still waiting for him to post something of substance...i'll keep on the look out though:eusa_eh:

We're all waiting for USArmyPalinSpamBot to post something either not Palin-related or racist.

Not you

You

just sayin...

They are my observations and I have first hand experience of the member del and his trolling...

His agenda is clear. Some day it will be clearer....

I don't think you will find much. He's rather limited in the thought extension department which is why he does what he does.

We're all waiting for USArmyPalinSpamBot to post something either not Palin-related or racist.

^^ But it's del who is off track and doing the trolling. ;)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back