Al Gore compares ‘climate deniers’ to Uvalde police officers

I seriously doubt that the USA would have spent 20 years making war in the Middle East to no good effect, had Gore been elected President in 2000. Nor would he have crashed the economy.

Really?

So Gore would have reversed CRA put in place by Bill Clinton and stopped subprime loans from being packaged as securities - that Bill Clinton put in place?

You may be a hack, and clearly you're a moron - but at least you don't have a fucking clue what you're yapping about.

What I blame Bush for is that he KNEW what Clinton and the Wallstreet crooks did, and didn't stop it.

You mean small town cops had no idea how to deal with a mass shooter?

Hey, here's a crazy idea... let's make it harder for people to get enough weaponry to become mass shooters!

But you think Magic Underwear is totally real.

Here's the thing. I'm 60. I really don't need to hear from 95% of climatologists that the world is getting warmer. I can just look at what winters were like in Chicago when I was a kid (absolutely brutal) compared to what they are like today.

View attachment 674405
the Winter of 79. Brutal.
And 2020 was a breeze, right you hack fraud?

Polar Coaster?

Coldest winter since 1904? :eek:

Thing about you leftists, you're fucking liars.

Really?

So Gore would have reversed CRA put in place by Bill Clinton and stopped subprime loans from being packaged as securities - that Bill Clinton put in place?

You may be a hack, and clearly you're a moron - but at least you don't have a fucking clue what you're yapping about.

What I blame Bush for is that he KNEW what Clinton and the Wallstreet crooks did, and didn't stop it.

Are you so stupid that you think that mortgage back securities are the ONLY thing which caused the economy to collapse????

Al Gore would NOT have cut taxes for the wealthy, run up the deficit, passed W's "no money down" home ownership act, nor would he have gone to war against Iraq and destabilized the entire Middle East:

It wasn't just the "CRA" written and passed by Republicans that caused the Housing Bubble or the Financial Collapse. It was a whole host of Bush policies, including the tax cuts, increasing the deficit, passage of Medicare Part D, without any taxes to fund it, as well as the costs of W's wars.

Democrats are the party of "tax and spend" because they always "tax" first to pay for their spending. Republicans "cut and spend". They cut taxes and then spend like drunken sailors to make it look like cutting taxes creates jobs. The increased Government spending creates jobs. Cutting taxes just increases deficits.

While the law allowing subprime mortgages would have passed, the other Bush programs (almost zero interest rates, and no money down), unfunded Medicare enhancements, and other policies which fueled the Housing Bubble and caused the recession, would not have happened.

Please note that the Republican House and Senate wrote, sponsored and passed those banking law Amendments, and a lame duck Bill Clinton merely signed the Republican legislation, so stop trying to blame Clinton for the stupidity of Republicans. It didn't work with NAFTA, which Bush Sr. negotiated and signed BEFORE Clinton was elected, nor will it work with the securities laws which nearly destroyed your country.

No, most of you are dumb enough to fall for the right wingers bullshit. Climate change is now costing your economy $100 billion per year lost in flooding, wild fires, and property losses. That number is rising every year that the USA chooses to do NOTHING.

You can't even keep your power on in Texas or California, in the summer or the winter and your utility companies refuse to spend money to upgrade because it cuts into their profits. The USA keeps putting corporations and profits before people. It's not going well for you.

A country is not it's jobs or it's economy, it's your people, and the first order for government is to protect PEOPLE. Americans wanted to protect the economy ahead of their people when covid hit, and over a million PEOPLE died.

My country put our PEOPLE first, and have 1/3 of the disease or death that you had, and our economy did better than yours through the pandemic, as a result.

Americans have lost sight of the importance of the American PEOPLE.
Yeah Simp, floods and wildfires are a new thing.

Moron.

Another day, another liberal progressive using dead children as a prop for their cause....Disgusting....
Recently I have begun to think that the Al Gore's, Greta Thunbergs, AOC's, and Bernies of the world are actually right. The climate is warming and if we want to save the planet we are going to have to take extreme measures. Greta was right, everything world leaders want to do is just more blah blah blah and will not save the planet. If we want to save the planet, since people are the ones responsible for climate change, billions of people are going to have to be culled and the rest will be required to live like back in the stone age. Even having fires pollutes the planet, so we are going to have to go back in time and live like people lived before fire was invented. I guess wheels are ok as long as it doesn't lead to more progress that would cause climate change. No methods of travel other than your own feet. No heat to keep us warm. No air conditioning to cool us off. No manufacturing of any kind. We are going to have to accept that the median age of death will be less than 30. No processed foods. No farming of animals as a food source because animals fart and farting causes climate change. So, all food, including meats, will have to be eaten raw. This is what we have to do if we want to save the planet. Otherwise, as Greta says, it's all nothing but blah blah blah.

Al gore is an odd duck.

He pops up once in a while to say and do anything for attention then disappears for a while again. He is like the Jeepers creepers monster, he appears to feed once in a while and then disappears till he gets hungry again.

I just don't like him because he never fully discusses anything. Like he talked about the core drilling they did in the antarctic and how the ice showed how for millions of years it hasn't changed and talks about how it's changed in the past few years and how climate change is melting it and makes it sound like it's never melted before. But he completely ignores all the fossilized plant and animal remains pulled out of the antarctic ice by researchers from all over the world allover the antarctic or mention the evidence in the ice itself showing where the antarctic used to be a rainforest devoid of ice 55 million years ago.

He never address the mounds of scientific evidence showing all the huge changes the environment has gone through over the past 4.5 billion years, and he paints earth as staying exactly the same for billions of years and only changed once man started doing industry.

Recently I have begun to think that the Al Gore's, Greta Thunbergs, AOC's, and Bernies of the world are actually right. The climate is warming and if we want to save the planet we are going to have to take extreme measures. Greta was right, everything world leaders want to do is just more blah blah blah and will not save the planet. If we want to save the planet, since people are the ones responsible for climate change, billions of people are going to have to be culled and the rest will be required to live like back in the stone age. Even having fires pollutes the planet, so we are going to have to go back in time and live like people lived before fire was invented. I guess wheels are ok as long as it doesn't lead to more progress that would cause climate change. No methods of travel other than your own feet. No heat to keep us warm. No air conditioning to cool us off. No manufacturing of any kind. We are going to have to accept that the median age of death will be less than 30. No processed foods. No farming of animals as a food source because animals fart and farting causes climate change. So, all food, including meats, will have to be eaten raw. This is what we have to do if we want to save the planet. Otherwise, as Greta says, it's all nothing but blah blah blah.
On the other hand, if we could limit the population to 1/8 of what it is now (simply by every woman having no more than one child for three generations, do the math: 1/2, 1/4, 1/8) we could live as luxuriously as we like --- and people would actually feel valuable again, instead of terrible stressors and killers.

Al Gore compares ‘climate deniers’ to Uvalde police officers​

Let’s think that one through. The Uvalde cops did nothing about a tragedy that was happening in front of them.

Climate “denier” aren’t denying climate. They are denying that the “cause” of apparent (possible) climate “change” is human industrial activity releasing a little extra CO2 into the Earth’s atmosphere.

The algore dopes want everyone to do “something” about a “problem” that doesn’t exist.

Very poor analog, there, algore.

Are you so stupid that you think that mortgage back securities are the ONLY thing which caused the economy to collapse????

Al Gore would NOT have cut taxes for the wealthy, run up the deficit, passed W's "no money down" home ownership act, nor would he have gone to war against Iraq and destabilized the entire Middle East:

It wasn't just the "CRA" written and passed by Republicans that caused the Housing Bubble or the Financial Collapse. It was a whole host of Bush policies, including the tax cuts, increasing the deficit, passage of Medicare Part D, without any taxes to fund it, as well as the costs of W's wars.

Democrats are the party of "tax and spend" because they always "tax" first to pay for their spending. Republicans "cut and spend". They cut taxes and then spend like drunken sailors to make it look like cutting taxes creates jobs. The increased Government spending creates jobs. Cutting taxes just increases deficits.

While the law allowing subprime mortgages would have passed, the other Bush programs (almost zero interest rates, and no money down), unfunded Medicare enhancements, and other policies which fueled the Housing Bubble and caused the recession, would not have happened.

Please note that the Republican House and Senate wrote, sponsored and passed those banking law Amendments, and a lame duck Bill Clinton merely signed the Republican legislation, so stop trying to blame Clinton for the stupidity of Republicans. It didn't work with NAFTA, which Bush Sr. negotiated and signed BEFORE Clinton was elected, nor will it work with the securities laws which nearly destroyed your country.

I'm not a fan of Bush - any of them, certainly not Dubya.

For one thing, Dubya couldn't hit his target.

IraN moron - probably could have taken Joe Biden and John Kerry out if he bombed Tehran...

But that isn't the issue.

The 2008 financial crash was caused by Bill Clinton and CRA.

The best book I've read on this is "The Big Short." Now one like you doesn't read books, but there IS a movie that does a spectacular job explaining things.

CRA caused the crash - and created a whole new level of corruption and crime - as intended.

{
Then the Clinton Treasury Department changed matters in 1995, requiring banks that wanted “outstanding” CRA ratings to demonstrate statistically that they were lending in poor neighborhoods and to lower-income households. But this new era of strict enforcement came about in response to conditions that no longer existed. The bank deregulation of the 1980s—initiated not by Republicans, but by the Carter administration’s federal Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act—paved the way for sharp competition among mortgage lenders. “The CRA may not be needed in today’s financial environment to ensure all segments of our economy enjoy access to credit,” argued a 1999 Dallas Federal Reserve Bank paper called “Redlining or Red Herring?”

But banks, engaged in a frenzy of mergers and acquisitions, soon learned that outstanding CRA ratings were the coin of the realm for obtaining regulators’ permission for such deals. Further, nonprofit advocacy groups—including the now famous Acorn and the Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America (NACA)—demanded, successfully, that banks seeking regulatory approvals commit large pools of mortgage money to them, effectively outsourcing the underwriting function to groups that viewed such loans as a matter of social justice rather than due diligence. “Our job is to push the envelope,” Bruce Marks, founder and head of NACA, told me when I visited his Boston office in 2000. He made clear that he would use his delegated lending authority to make loans to households with limited savings, significant debt, and poor credit histories. The sums at his group’s disposal were not trivial: when NationsBank merged with Bank of America, it committed $3 billion to NACA. The housing arm of Acorn received a $760 million commitment from the Bank of New York.}

so he's admitting the climate warmers are attempting to destroy the planet? I agree with him, us doing nothing to stop the green wieners is disastrous to the globe.

It does matter, because the left is choking off capitalism and fossil fuels over the lie that man is causing it. It also matters because it means man can't do anything about it.

you are not really this stupid are you?

Another day, another liberal progressive using dead children as a prop for their cause....Disgusting....
Which is more disgusting? Using the example of dead kids resulting from policy errors or favoring policy errors resulting in the deaths of kids?

How about do things that might mitigate the damage caused by the warming planet.

In my area the rain patterns have changed just in the 12 years we have lived here. We still get about the same amount of rain but now it comes in less often but when it rains it rains harder and longer. This is not good for farming as they need a steady supply of water for crops and too much at one time is bad. Thus local farmers have had to add irrigation and tiling to compensate for said changes. This will allow them to keep growing grains here for a longer period of time.

Or they could be like you sheep and just fight over what the cause is and not do a damn thing to try and deal with it.
Obama has multi homes on the oceanfront. None will have wind turbines in front of his homes.

Really?

The rise in the sale of RMBS', and their catastrophic demise, was a consequence of the development of secondary mortgage companies, other than Fannie and Freddie, recapitalizing themselves by selling bonds that included subprime mortgages as AAA rated bonds. This thanks to the rating agencies conflict of interest in realizing their fees were in jeopardy if they didn't turn a blind eye to the quality of the mortgages underling the bonds they were rating. When the house of cards fell it effected the world as global pension funds had bought so many of these crap bonds in a quest for a higher rate of return in a low interest rate environment.
All of which took place under Shrub's watch. Including his "ownership society" initiative promoting the idea that mortgage companies should get "creative" in designing mortgages for minorities who would not have traditionally qualified for a loan.

The rise in the sale of RMBS', and their catastrophic demise, was a consequence of the development of secondary mortgage companies, other than Fannie and Freddie, recapitalizing themselves by selling bonds that included subprime mortgages as AAA rated bonds. This thanks to the rating agencies conflict of interest in realizing their fees were in jeopardy if they didn't turn a blind eye to the quality of the mortgages underling the bonds they were rating. When the house of cards fell it effected the world as global pension funds had bought so many of these crap bonds in a quest for a higher rate of return in a low interest rate environment.
All of which took place under Shrub's watch. Including his "ownership society" initiative promoting the idea that mortgage companies should get "creative" in designing mortgages for minorities who would not have traditionally qualified for a loan.

Experiencing that I will watch those involved families be given the justice deserved. .

Bullshit.

Fannie and Freddie were by FAR the worst offenders in the MBS scam.

Once the Banksters figured out they could make a fortune by bundling toxic mortgages, they went to town, with Fannie and Freddie leading the charge.

Why? IMO because of people like Al Gore. Condemning consumption while living in a massive house himself. Making crazy predictions and condemning people for not buying into them.

I support making things as clean as reasonably possible. I support laws that force businesses to not pour their waste into our rivers but Al Gore does far more harm than good.

People can rightly point to his predictions of the past that came nowhere even close to happening and laugh and say "why should we listen to anything he says".
I know I should be living on beach front property by his predictions.

Forum List

Back