Al Franken 2000 on McCain: I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
Here is absolute proof that Dims are the world's biggest hypocrites:

So the media, liberal hacks and so called Republicans have been bashing Donald Trump all day for speaking the truth about songbird John McCain, the often referred to ‘war-hero.’ Funny, Al Franken, a far left liberal Democrat said something very similar about McCain when he first ran for president in 2000.

I doubt I could cross the line and vote Republican. I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war.

That’s actually worse than what Donald Trump said earlier today. Yet, did you hear the media or GOP go nuts and bash Al Franken for his comments about John McCain in 2000? Of course you didn’t, because they were just shrugged off by a left wing lunatic who would eventually become a Senator in the nutball state the call Minnesota.

George H.W. Bush was shot down in WW2 and was rescued by a U.S. Submarine and the Clinton attack dogs called him a wimp. Nobody in the media criticized the Clintons at the time. The hoopla about John McCain ain't about war heroes.It's about clipping Trumps wings and everyone knows it. Democrats never cared about war heroes. As a matter of fact it was just the opposite. Barry Hussein's political mentor was (unrepentant) anti-war activist and domestic terrorist Bill Ayers. If democrats really cared about war heroes they would support former senator Jim Webb as a presidential candidate but they don't. As a matter of fact they support the wife of a genuine lying pervert draft dodger.

I bet you $20 if Franken said that again tomorrow it wouldn't shoot him to #1 among Democrat candidates the way it did for Trump. You nutters are a sick bunch.

That isn't what shot Trump to number one, numkull. If it wasn't for your made up facts, what would you have to argue about?

I bet you $20 if Franken said that again tomorrow it wouldn't shoot him to #1 among Democrat candidates the way it did for Trump. You nutters are a sick bunch.
And that from a Democrat??? Your party was savage in attacking McCain when he ran against Obama, and now that you can use him him to further your cause, he's suddenly your darling...

Trump is saying exactly what the "rabid right" want to hear. The divide in the GOP between the sane and the insane is getting larger and larger.....

al franken is a comedian and what he said was tongue-in-cheek political satire.

"McCain but I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them.
As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war
."

not sure which liberals actually defended that statement, do you have a link?

anyone old enough to remember knows in 2000 most liberals were quite respectful of john mccain.

We don't kiss the ass of a president who closed a war monument to veterans, but opened it up for an illegal immigrant march. You are the sick ones.
It was closed because of the GOP and your former leader Rafael Cruz. In fact Obama had many of the illegal immigrants at that protest arrested, while leaving the veterans be.

But if it makes you feel better to play pretend, then go ahead. It's been a rough few years for you nutters. :itsok:

We don't kiss the ass of a president who closed a war monument to veterans, but opened it up for an illegal immigrant march. You are the sick ones.
It was closed because of the GOP and your former leader Rafael Cruz. In fact Obama had many of the illegal immigrants at that protest arrested, while leaving the veterans be.

But if it makes you feel better to play pretend, then go ahead. It's been a rough few years for you nutters. :itsok:
Lol, come back from fairy land.

So the media, liberal hacks and so called Republicans have been bashing Donald Trump all day for speaking the truth about songbird John McCain, the often referred to ‘war-hero.’ Funny, Al Franken, a far left liberal Democrat said something very similar about McCain when he first ran for president in 2000.

I doubt I could cross the line and vote Republican. I have tremendous respect for McCain but I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war.

That’s actually worse than what Donald Trump said earlier today. Yet, did you hear the media or GOP go nuts and bash Al Franken for his comments about John McCain in 2000? Of course you didn’t, because they were just shrugged off by a left wing lunatic who would eventually become a Senator in the nutball state the call Minnesota.

So you're saying that all conservatives agreeing with Trump's bashing of McCain are equal to Al Franken?

lol

George H.W. Bush was shot down in WW2 and was rescued by a U.S. Submarine and the Clinton attack dogs called him a wimp. Nobody in the media criticized the Clintons at the time. The hoopla about John McCain ain't about war heroes.It's about clipping Trumps wings and everyone knows it. Democrats never cared about war heroes. As a matter of fact it was just the opposite. Barry Hussein's political mentor was (unrepentant) anti-war activist and domestic terrorist Bill Ayers. If democrats really cared about war heroes they would support former senator Jim Webb as a presidential candidate but they don't. As a matter of fact they support the wife of a genuine lying pervert draft dodger.

You sound like only NaziCons fight and die in our wars. Since you NaziCons like war so much - maybe you should fight them all.

And that from a Democrat??? Your party was savage in attacking McCain when he ran against Obama, and now that you can use him him to further your cause, he's suddenly your darling...
Oh WE were savage? Please tell us more about how Obama is a muslim terrorist who hates America, isn't a citizen, is married to a troll, is possibly the anti-christ, and wants to slaughter white people...

So in 2000 Al Franken said something stupid?

That is your proof about all Democrats?

Something said 15 years ago.

By that standard, your posts would mean that every Conservative is a flaming idiot.

I have tremendous respect for "McCain but I don’t buy the war hero thing. Anybody can be captured. I thought the idea was to capture them. As far as I’m concerned he sat out the war."

the OP forgot the clause leading up to the JOKE which comedian al franken told...

clearly a tongue-in-cheek comment made by a comedian NINE years prior to ever becoming a senator.

the OP would like you to believe it is the same as trump which supposedly PROVES liberal hypocricy...?

now THAT ^ is funny..

Forum List

Back