AFV (America's funniest home vids)

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
A lot of the vids are pretty funny especially when they deal with animals but some vids are mean and sometimes feature horrific accidents. Most normal humans would groan or turn away or even scream when a kid or an adult has an accident but the audience is encouraged to laugh hysterically. It's weird when you think about it. Some of the pranks are funny but some are downright mean like the poor old lady who was continuously frightened enough to cry out but the audience is encouraged to laugh hysterically. Maybe what's wrong with AFV is a sign of what's wrong with society.

A lot of the vids are pretty funny especially when they deal with animals but some vids are mean and sometimes feature horrific accidents. Most normal humans would groan or turn away or even scream when a kid or an adult has an accident but the audience is encouraged to laugh hysterically. It's weird when you think about it. Some of the pranks are funny but some are downright mean like the poor old lady who was continuously frightened enough to cry out but the audience is encouraged to laugh hysterically. Maybe what's wrong with AFV is a sign of what's wrong with society.
is it just me or do the least funniest videos win a lot?....

Scare grandma to death for a chance to win 10 g's. Orwell was a prophet.
All of the 'reality' shows should be condemned. They're all about showing human failure, but trying to hide it by claiming it's the successes that are the point.

All of the 'reality' shows should be condemned. They're all about showing human failure, but trying to hide it by claiming it's the successes that are the point.
That's true but my point is the inappropriate hysterical laughter attributed to the AFV audience for a video that depicts a serious injury.

That's true but my point is the inappropriate hysterical laughter attributed to the AFV audience for a video that depicts a serious injury.
Yes I know and it was well stated. I just added to it by expanding on the point you made.

In the interest of trying to sustain at least one discussion that could serve some purpose.

Yes I know and it was well stated. I just added to it by expanding on the point you made.

In the interest of trying to sustain at least one discussion that could serve some purpose.
Thanks Don. I didn't mean it as a criticism. . Sometimes I wonder if the American public is so entrenched in pop-culture that they lost sight of reality.

Thanks Don. I didn't mean it as a criticism. . Sometimes I wonder if the American public is so entrenched in pop-culture that they lost sight of reality.

I’ve often wondered why, after filming their children obviously being hurt, why the parents just continue filming?

Good point Norm. You expects hormone driven teens to laugh hysterically at tragic vids but you expect parents and siblings to drop the cam and help the kid. It extends to other pop vid outlets. I watched the audience erupt in hysterical laughter as an apparent teen on a skateboard ends up unconscious after a mishap.

Forum List

Back