"after America, There Is No Place To Go"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick a fork in America. We are like a Manson family crime scene photo.

Then what the fuck are you still doing here? GTFO now, you pessimistic pussy.

Because like the thread title says, there's nowhere else to go.

There are plenty of other places you could go, pussy. Take your craven, worthless ass to the coast and keep walking away from my country. You certainly don't deserve to be here.

Its common to feel less optimistic the older you get. Now that some of you are older you dont like the scary future.

Every generation is like that. It just feels different because now its your turn

You sound like your turned on by this, and if that is the case your very sick.

I don't suppose it would do any good to once again ask those who only want to hurl insults at each other to take those squabbles elsewhere? Is there no civility left on USMB? I have no more right to demand respect than anybody else does, but is there no sense of propriety left? There are too few of us left who enjoy discussing a concept to overcome those who seem to get their jollies sniping at each other?

Going back to my previous post, and one more time, the OP is NOT comparing the USA to Nazi Germany. The OP is describing a process by which people are stripped of their power of self determination and brain washed or lulled into complacency by which they accept that as normal.

It has taken decades, not five years, for the USA to gradually move from liberty to submission to a central government that dictates our rights, our privileges, our conduct in society. It hasn't been via any sweeping change or policy, but by a thousand tiny cuts, each which seemed inconsequential at the time in the grand scheme of things.

Will we continue down that path until we are no longer America, land of the free, home of the brave? Is it too late to turn it around?

It's likely too late. It's not all on Obama, not by a long shot, but the 2012 election pretty much sealed our fate.

Apathy, ignorance and stupidity of the masses is to blame, with a hearty portion of that due to government schools and government in general.

There is the pragmatic side of me who has observed all this happening for a very long time now that agrees with your pessimism. Once government has made the majority of us dependent on that government, that government can do any damn thing to us that it decides to do. The only thing creating any restraint is the fact that a complacent and cooperative people is so much easier and more pleasant and profitable to exploit than is one controlled at gunpoint.

You are right that Obama is not the problem. He is the result of the problem.

Then there is the optimist side of me that sees those who still understand. They are posting on these message boards, writing letters to the editor, calling in to talk shows, attending town meetings, and showing up at the tax reformers and Tea Party rallies. And that gives me hope.

I do believe this is the last generation with any hope to turn it around though.

There is such a dramatic sea change that has to take place within the populace that your optimism is not likely to bear fruit. It will take a leader who refuses to play by the party games and that very attribute will make it difficult to get the nomination.

I agree. It will take a Reaganesque kind of leader with the charisma and inate ability to be able to transfer a vision and sense of can do to the people. Such leaders are rare and, as you say, will be strongly resisted by the permanent political class in Washington who will pull out all the stops to discredit and, if possible, destroy such a leader to prevent his/her election. And we still have a mostly leftist media who will aid and abet them in doing it.

Its common to feel less optimistic the older you get. Now that some of you are older you dont like the scary future.

Every generation is like that. It just feels different because now its your turn

You sound like your turned on by this, and if that is the case your very sick.

Why is your first thought about my sexual arousal? Havent been laid in a while or something?

Then what the fuck are you still doing here? GTFO now, you pessimistic pussy.

Because like the thread title says, there's nowhere else to go.

There are plenty of other places you could go, pussy. Take your craven, worthless ass to the coast and keep walking away from my country. You certainly don't deserve to be here.

It is pretty much your country now, a gaggle of feckless fat fucks, watching reality TV and eating fast food. You are the Ugly American.

I give up. Ya'll have fun. (And some have wondered why I have to go elsewhere to have a decent discussion about anything any more.)

I don't suppose it would do any good to once again ask those who only want to hurl insults at each other to take those squabbles elsewhere? Is there no civility left on USMB? I have no more right to demand respect than anybody else does, but is there no sense of propriety left? There are too few of us left who enjoy discussing a concept to overcome those who seem to get their jollies sniping at each other?

Going back to my previous post, and one more time, the OP is NOT comparing the USA to Nazi Germany. The OP is describing a process by which people are stripped of their power of self determination and brain washed or lulled into complacency by which they accept that as normal.

It has taken decades, not five years, for the USA to gradually move from liberty to submission to a central government that dictates our rights, our privileges, our conduct in society. It hasn't been via any sweeping change or policy, but by a thousand tiny cuts, each which seemed inconsequential at the time in the grand scheme of things.

Will we continue down that path until we are no longer America, land of the free, home of the brave? Is it too late to turn it around?

It's likely too late. It's not all on Obama, not by a long shot, but the 2012 election pretty much sealed our fate.

Apathy, ignorance and stupidity of the masses is to blame, with a hearty portion of that due to government schools and government in general.

There is the pragmatic side of me who has observed all this happening for a very long time now that agrees with your pessimism. Once government has made the majority of us dependent on that government, that government can do any damn thing to us that it decides to do. The only thing creating any restraint is the fact that a complacent and cooperative people is so much easier and more pleasant and profitable to exploit than is one controlled at gunpoint.

You are right that Obama is not the problem. He is the result of the problem.

Then there is the optimist side of me that sees those who still understand. They are posting on these message boards, writing letters to the editor, calling in to talk shows, attending town meetings, and showing up at the tax reformers and Tea Party rallies. And that gives me hope.

I do believe this is the last generation with any hope to turn it around though.

There is such a dramatic sea change that has to take place within the populace that your optimism is not likely to bear fruit. It will take a leader who refuses to play by the party games and that very attribute will make it difficult to get the nomination.

I agree. It will take a Reaganesque kind of leader with the charisma and inate ability to be able to transfer a vision and sense of can do to the people. Such leaders are rare and, as you say, will be strongly resisted by the permanent political class in Washington who will pull out all the stops to discredit and, if possible, destroy such a leader to prevent his/her election. And we still have a mostly leftist media who will aid and abet them in doing it.

Actually I believe it's going to take someone way less cozy with government to make the changes we need. Someone with a strong libertarian streak who will go up against the TSA and EPA and all the other unconstitutional agencies that run roughshod over our rights every day.

A rank and file republican is no better than what we have now. We have lost so much that it will take more than a generation to rectify, if we have a populace that understands civics and liberty and vote accordingly. I am not optimistic, but you never know.

Beware of those who would frighten you into believing that your fellow Americans are the "enemy" and be even more wary of those who claim that they can "protect" you from them.

That has been the democrat sales pitch for years now.

I agree. We are all grouped by the far left and each group is constantly pitted against each other. And then the left offers solutions to protect each group from the evil other groups.

America has always been the best refuge for those fleeing oppressed countries. Now the best lifeboat on the planet is being sunk by those taking control under the guise of protecting people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back