After 36 years in prison, 3 Maryland men have been cleared in the death of a Baltimore teenager

One good thing.They never had the chance to kill anyone in 36 years.Preventive Maintenance I call it.

Thanks for the link, basquebromance. I'm glad they got out of prison. I'm sorry they lost their life from being linked to a crime they did not commit. I'm not sure how it all came about, but here's a quote from the article you posted:

An assistant prosecutor working on the case told the court in 1984 that the state did not have any reports that would have raised doubts about the defendants’ guilt even though police records had statements involving the 18-year-old and also showed trial witnesses had failed to identify the teenagers in photo lineups. A judge sealed those documents, but Chestnut obtained them through a public records request last year.

“Everyone involved in this case — school officials, police, prosecutors, jurors, the media, and the community — rushed to judgment and allowed their tunnel vision to obscure obvious problems with the evidence,” said Shawn Armbrust, executive director of the Mid-Atlantic Innocence Project, which represents Watkins. Armbrust added that “this case should be a lesson to everyone that the search for quick answers can lead to tragic results.” Roger Stone: Jurors deliver verdict in Trump ally trial over WikiLeaks

To me, first is to find the people involved in the prosecution side, including the police officers, and investigate the wrongdoing.

Finding the ones who caused the verdict to send unjustly the guys to prison, to let the public know about their actions and remove their names from the list of officers in their jurisdictions. Even when dead, they must be removed as people who deserve such a honor. This must be a public act, not in secret.

The following consequence is the family -or survivors- stop receiving the pension and give those monthly checks to the victims or suvirvors of the victims.

This way, justice must be applied.

This way, police and prosecutors must be aware that if they want to play corrupt and their wrongdoing is discovered, then their actions will follow them even after death.

One good thing.They never had the chance to kill anyone in 36 years.Preventive Maintenance I call it.
Last time I checked we don't have thought police.
Nor are people locked up on what they might do.
Nor are family members guilty of crimes that another family member was a part of.

Forum List

Back