AFSCME Shows Us How Much Black Education Means

Cecilie1200

Diamond Member
Nov 15, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Union halts support for United Negro College Fund over Koch brothers? grant | New York Post

A powerful government workers’ union will end its support for the United Negro College Fund after the group accepted $25 million from the conservative powerhouse Koch brothers and the college fund’s president appeared at a Koch event.

In a letter made public Thursday, the American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees said it will no longer partner with or raise funds for the fund, known for its iconic motto, “A mind is a terrible thing to waste.”

AFSCME President Lee Saunders said the actions of the college fund’s president “are not only deeply hostile to the rights and dignity of public employees, but also a profound betrayal of the ideals of the civil rights movement.”

Interesting. Did anyone else know that the purpose of the United Negro College Fund was to worry about "the rights and dignity of public employees"? I thought it was to aid in the education of black young people.

Lomax said the fund never had a litmus test for donors.

“While I am saddened by AFSCME’s decision, it will not distract us from our mission of helping thousands of African-American students achieve their dream of a college degree and the economic benefits that come with it,” Lomax said.

AFSCME is the nation’s largest public services employees union and has more than 1.6 million working and retired members. The union will sever its relationship with the UNCF on Sept. 1.

AFSCME gave between $50,000 and $60,000 annually to the UNCF for its AFSCME/UNCF Union Scholar Program, which has served 94 students since 2003. The program will continue, the union said, just no longer in partnership with the UNCF.

The Koch Brothers just gave more than four times what AFSCME has given over 11 years. If AFSCME was genuinely interested in educating black college students, they would welcome the Koch donation to the cause of educating minorities. It's like they were donating all these years for some OTHER reason than an interest in education. Hmmm.

Democrats only care about black people when they're obedient. Just like when they used to keep them as slaves.

Democrats only care about black people when they're obedient. Just like when they used to keep them as slaves.

Democrats were actually conservatives when they kept slaves. Republicans were liberals that opposed slavery. I know its confusing but read your history.

I'm well versed in American history, far more than you, I have no doubt.

And I'll note that you didn't dispute what I said.

Democrats were actually conservatives when they kept slaves. Republicans were liberals that opposed slavery. I know its confusing but read your history.

Why would I dispute what you said? Both Republicans and Democrats want their followers obedient Black and white. BTW I note you didnt dispute what I said.

Last edited:

Wait right here while I go get my hip-waders.

Like I said its confusing for most slow people. You dont need your hip waders. That wont help you understand. You only need to provide a link contradicting my statement if you disagree. Which I guarantee you that you will not be able to find.

wow

fuck darky if they take money from a whitey we don't like.

You'd think a light would go off for some people, but clearly no, the unthinking training that they must endure is so deep, that blacks will support the fucking over of their own poor to support the party.

Imagine a black woman taking a beating from some Purple shirt troopers, no one helps her b/c she took a job from one of the Koch brothers.

Of course that's an absurd statement, but then moments ago, so was the op.

Like I said its confusing for most slow people. You dont need your hip waders. That wont help you understand. You only need to provide a link contradicting my statement if you disagree. Which I guarantee you that you will not be able to find.

which party and it's Pres allowed poor blacks to be used as guinea pigs for syphilis?

Which party and it's Pres stated; "I'll have those ******* voting democrat for the next 200 years."?

which party and it's Pres allowed poor blacks to be used as guinea pigs for syphilis?

We know for sure the pres was a white guy and so were the leaders of the party. However, I am wondering what that has to do with my statement?

Fine, if he didn't dispute what you said, I will.
What you said was utterly stupid and devoid of even one fact.

Which party and it's Pres stated; "I'll have those ******* voting democrat for the next 200 years."?

Again what does that have to do with my statement that Democrats were conservative when they did this stuff?

We know for sure the pres was a white guy and so were the leaders of the party. However, I am wondering what that has to do with my statement?

more than what your statement has to do with the op

so

how does it feel, knowing that black kids are being discriminated against b/c the naacp took money from the Kochs?

How does it feel to learn that your fellow libs will turn their backs on you if you accepted any cons help to do anything?

Sweetie, don't flatter yourself. The problem isn't that you said something too profound for me to understand. I got it perfectly; THAT is why I think it's a giant load of bullshit.

And feel free to spare me that leftist "I made a completely inane assertion, and now you have to prove me wrong" bullshit. You don't set the parameters and demand I stick to them, Sparkles. You make a statement, YOU prove it CORRECT, or declare it wrong by default when you decline to do so.

You only need to provide a link supporting your statement . . . which I guarantee you that you will not be able to find, since leftwing blogs and opinion pieces will be considered exactly the same as offering no proof at all.

I guess we'll see in your next post, hmmm?

Meanwhile, we're moving on with my topic despite your attempt to divert and derail it.

Again what does that have to do with my statement that Democrats were conservative when they did this stuff?

What does your ignorant shit statement have to do with the topic?

Good for the UNCF for telling the union stooges to stick it.

If the dopes in the union could do the math they'd see how idiotic their position is. At their normal $50 - $60,000 annual donations it would take them 400-plus years to even come close to the Koch donation.

UNCF did the right thing in accepting and telling the union to stick their politics.

more than what your statement has to do with the op

so

how does it feel, knowing that black kids are being discriminated against b/c the naacp took money from the Kochs?

How does it feel to learn that your fellow libs will turn their backs on you if you accepted any cons help to do anything?

Well you attacked my statement in response to someone else. if you feel the need to change the subject of my statement because you cant form a coherent argument I understand.

Forum List

Back