African-Americans Haven't Progressed Due to Culture, Not Racism & Slavery

I recently read the book Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell which emphasized that african americans in the US have been unable to achieve similar success relative to other race not because of slavery or racism, but due to the culture they picked up from the southern plantation owners which has now morphed into ghetto culture. I was wondering if anyone else had an input on this subject or agreed with his thesis?

I put my review of the book up as well in case anyone is interested in watching it.

Dont you know Sowell is just one of many Uncle Toms fawning for white people? I guess if you agree with his step and fetch it routine it makes him seem credible.

I recently read the book Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell which emphasized that african americans in the US have been unable to achieve similar success relative to other race not because of slavery or racism, but due to the culture they picked up from the southern plantation owners which has now morphed into ghetto culture. I was wondering if anyone else had an input on this subject or agreed with his thesis?

I put my review of the book up as well in case anyone is interested in watching it.

Dont you know Sowell is just one of many Uncle Toms fawning for white people? I guess if you agree with his step and fetch it routine it makes him seem credible.

Nice red herring. Whenever a black conservative escapes the plantation, talks right (you can it white), dresses classy (you call it white, even though many non-classy whites don't dress classy or your equivalent), have morals, have intelligence, praise education, knowledge, don't blame the white man, and don't see race they see people, then blacks who have failed at life, like you, call them Uncle Toms.

Charles Barkley called this illness, the crabs in the bucket mentality of the black community. When crabs are in a bucket they are all trying to get to the top to get out of the bucket, but one when gets close the others pull him down.

Blacks see the best in their communities and instead of praising them and telling their children, "see that guy, he is a senator (Scott), he was a man brought in to revive corporations and he did it better than anyone black or white (Cain), he was a Congressman and LT in the Army (West), they worked hard, stayed out of trouble, took school serious, be like them;" they tell them see that "Uncle Tom sell-out, he's a loser!"

This is simply a lie and pretends that blacks who have a rich fucking history that isnt taught in schools didnt exist

The reason why Africa is a shit hole is because of Europeans rushing to tear it to pieces. Now I get to post this video AGAIN

Bullshit! Africa was a violent uncivilized shit hole prior to colonization.

Although your use of profanity and 1 sentence reply is convincing. I'm going to have to go with facts instead.

As long as that fact youre going with is "Africa was a violent uncivilized shit hole prior to colonization", because to say otherwise would be an absurd lie.

What you consider uncivilized doesn't matter. Africa's history is well documented by its civilization. You should look it up.

Now if violence is the only standard of what is civilized and uncivilized then that would mean that America is worse than all of them. But you don't mean that tho. Do you?

Genocide has been happening since humans we're first born on this planet, but Africa is the only place where it still continues in 2015. Africa is the most awful and violent place on earth, and it has always been that way. Sure Hitler killed a lot of people, but it was done with a few select Nazis. The German people were unaware and wouldn't stand for it if they knew about it. In Africa it's much different. In Africa you find thousands upon thousands of people hacking each other apart with machetes. In Africa the general public is bad; not just the leaders. BIG difference.

I agree for the most part but you seem to believe that

1. The European colonization was supposed to be good but oopsie.

2. The European colonization had no effect on the current state of Africa.

And add to that you are once again blaming some intangible immeasurable thing like saying "the general public is bad". Now you're just starting to sound silly

Nice red herring. Whenever a black conservative escapes the plantation, talks right (you can it white), dresses classy (you call it white, even though many non-classy whites don't dress classy or your equivalent), have morals, have intelligence, praise education, knowledge, don't blame the white man, and don't see race they see people, then blacks who have failed at life, like you, call them Uncle Toms.

Charles Barkley called this illness, the crabs in the bucket mentality of the black community. When crabs are in a bucket they are all trying to get to the top to get out of the bucket, but one when gets close the others pull him down.

Blacks see the best in their communities and instead of praising them and telling their children, "see that guy, he is a senator (Scott), he was a man brought in to revive corporations and he did it better than anyone black or white (Cain), he was a Congressman and LT in the Army (West), they worked hard, stayed out of trouble, took school serious, be like them;" they tell them see that "Uncle Tom sell-out, he's a loser!"

Charles Barkley is a former NBA player. I wouldnt exactly call him a wealth of knowledge.

Charles Barkley is a former NBA player. I wouldnt exactly call him a wealth of knowledge.

Another red herring, but that is your MO. Barkley makes a ton of senses and won't bow down to the PC libs (even though he is now a Democrat and Obama supporter). What he said is 100% accurate!

Another red herring, but that is your MO. Barkley makes a ton of senses and won't bow down to the PC libs (even though he is now a Democrat and Obama supporter). What he said is 100% accurate!

No.

Bullshit! Africa was a violent uncivilized shit hole prior to colonization.

Although your use of profanity and 1 sentence reply is convincing. I'm going to have to go with facts instead.
As long as that fact youre going with is "Africa was a violent uncivilized shit hole prior to colonization", because to say otherwise would be an absurd lie.

What you consider uncivilized doesn't matter. Africa's history is well documented by its civilization. You should look it up.

Now if violence is the only standard of what is civilized and uncivilized then that would mean that America is worse than all of them. But you don't mean that tho. Do you?
Genocide has been happening since humans we're first born on this planet, but Africa is the only place where it still continues in 2015. Africa is the most awful and violent place on earth, and it has always been that way. Sure Hitler killed a lot of people, but it was done with a few select Nazis. The German people were unaware and wouldn't stand for it if they knew about it. In Africa it's much different. In Africa you find thousands upon thousands of people hacking each other apart with machetes. In Africa the general public is bad; not just the leaders. BIG difference.

And add to that you are once again blaming some intangible immeasurable thing like saying "the general public is bad". Now you're just starting to sound silly
Do you have any idea how many fucking wars swept through Europe, including the big ones in the modern era? Hell the bubonic plague alone killed 1 out of every 3 Europians. Africa has no unique perspective on hardships. ALL countries and cultures had horrific shit happen throughtout history. Inferior cultures remain inferior, while superior cultures evolve and strive. End of story.

Do you have any idea how many fucking wars swept through Europe, including the big ones in the modern era? Hell the bubonic plague alone killed 1 out of every 3 Europians. Africa has no unique perspective on hardships. ALL countries and cultures had horrific shit happen throughtout history. Inferior cultures remain inferior, while superior cultures evolve and strive. End of story.

So, great now you at least admit that Europeans at least were there causing problems. Now, how many wars swept through Europe? Do you really want to compare that to the number of wars, genocides etc in Africa brought about by European colonization? Be serious dude. Plus Europe is different in that people werent exploited as slaves. Europes resources werent taken and divided by outsiders who helped bring about these wars and steal the resources.

Do you have anything like that that happened? No.

Exactly what are you disagreeing with me about? I've shown Africa is fucked up due to the history there. I've shown that you have no definition of civilized unless you are just describing violence, in which we have a lot. You havent disagreed yet. You just say "Well other people had problems too! Everybody has problems!" as your way of ignoring the information put in front of you

So, great now you at least admit that Europeans at least were there causing problems. Now, how many wars swept through Europe? Do you really want to compare that to the number of wars, genocides etc in Africa brought about by European colonization? Be serious dude. Plus Europe is different in that people werent exploited as slaves. Europes resources werent taken and divided by outsiders who helped bring about these wars and steal the resources.

Exactly what are you disagreeing with me about? I've shown Africa is fucked up due to the history there. I've shown that you have no definition of civilized unless you are just describing violence, in which we have a lot. You havent disagreed yet. You just say "Well other people had problems too! Everybody has problems!" as your way of ignoring the information put in front of you
...and ive shown you that a culture can bounce back, despite being hit with the plague and 2 world wars, IF they dont have an inferior culture like in Africa.

No amount of socio-economic remediation/culture-change has cured/can cure the Real problem that accounts for Black failure.
Lower IQ. (and higher Testosterone.)
This isn't Just an an American black-culture thingy, sub-Saharan Africa is even worse and ungovernable.

Around the world the same pattern emerges.
East Asians, whites, blacks.

White colonizers also oppressed East Asians (ie China) and many others were brought here as indentured railway workers.
The Japanese interned as late as WWII and their country obliterated.
But look at the DIFFERENCE!
And again, that is a Worldwide IQ phenomenon.
East Asians outperform 'whites' (here and there) even though they were oppressed and discriminated against here...
and even though the IQ test was a product of Western culture. (tho long since adapted to local cultures)

The old "It's their culture" EXCUSE:
WHY is it their culture?
Did they win it in a Lottery, or did they make their own culture Because they WERE smart?

East Asians have a 2.4 Standard deviation advantage over subsaharan blacks on IQ tests.
(106 vs 70), and app 1.7 std deviation over "American blacks" (85) who are really a 'hybrid race' of subsaharan black and Euro/white.
Quite Logically midway between Euro 100 and African 70.

`

Last edited:
No amount of socio-economic remediation/culture-change has cured/can cure the Real problem that accounts for Black failure.
Lower IQ. (and higher Testosterone.)
This isn't Just an an American black-culture thingy, sub-Saharan Africa is even worse and ungovernable.

Around the world the same pattern emerges.
East Asians, whites, blacks.

White colonizers also oppressed East Asians (ie China) and many others were brought here as indentured railway workers.
The Japanese interned as late as WWII and their country obliterated.
But look at the DIFFERENCE!
And again, that is a Worldwide IQ phenomenon.
East Asians outperform 'whites' (here and there) even though they were oppressed and discriminated against here...
and even though the IQ test was a product of Western culture. (tho long since adapted to local cultures)

The old "It's their culture" EXCUSE:
WHY is it their culture?
Did they win it in a Lottery, or did they make their own culture Because they WERE smart?

East Asians have a 2.4 Standard deviation advantage over subsaharan blacks on IQ tests.
(106 vs 70), and app 1.7 std deviation over "American blacks" (85) who are really a 'hybrid race' of subsaharan black and Euro/white.
Quite Logically midway between Euro 100 and African 70.

`
Sounds like you have yourself convinced. That still doesnt help you out with the dumpster fire your life consists of.

I was wondering if anyone else had an input on this subject or agreed with his thesis?

Hello, ZR. This is my theory for why many children and grandchildren of my peaceful Motown music friends from the 60s are not happy Americans. I realize the issue is a bit deeper for some or many Americans of African descent who grew up when racism was acceptable part of American culture.

However, times have changed, our human society has evolved and a good majority of Americans are better educated, most of us realizing that all humans are capable of greatness or depravity.

Restore Pride In Parenting; End Child Abuse & Neglect

Victims of Horrific Child Abuse; Young American Kendrick Lamar Boldly Speaks About Child Abuse, The Seeds of Poverty and Crime

With all due respect to my American neighbors of African descent, the oppression of humans that led to racism and slavery has been replaced with a new form of human oppression that impedes and deprives many American children from experiencing a safe, fairly happy American kid childhood.

In his 2015 Grammy award winning Rap Performance titled "I", Kendrick Lamar writes, "I've been dealing with depression ever since an adolescent."

During a January 20, 2011 LAWeekly interview (Google search) Kendrick, born in 1987, the same year songwriter Suzanne Vega wrote a song about child abuse and VICTIM DENIAL that was nominated for a Grammy award, he told the interviewer:

"Lamar's parents moved from Chicago to Compton in 1984 with all of $500 in their pockets. "My mom's one of 13 [THIRTEEN] siblings, and they all got SIX kids, and till I was 13 everybody was in Compton," he says."

"I'm 6 years old, seein' my uncles playing with shotguns, sellin' dope in front of the apartment. My moms and pops never said nothing, 'cause they were young and living wild, too. I got about 15 stories like 'Average Joe.'"

It seems evident to me Kendrick identified the source of his depression, the roots of poverty, the child abuse/maltreatment that prevented him, his brothers, sisters, cousins, neighborhood friends, elementary and JHS classmates from enjoying a fairly happy, safe Average Joe and Josie American kid childhood.

Seems the adults responsible for raising the children in Kendrick's immediate and extended family placed obstacles in their children's way, causing their kids to deal with challenges and stresses young minds are not prepared to deal with...*nor should they or any other children be exposed to and have to deal with.*

It seems evident to me these PARENTAL INTRODUCED obstacles and challenges cause some developing children's minds to become tormented and go haywire, not knowing OR NOT CARING ABOUT right from wrong...because as the mature, young victims of child abuse realize their parents introduced them to a life of pain and struggle, totally unlike the mostly safe, happy life the media showed them many American kids were enjoying. RESENTMENT

I cannot speak for anyone else, but if I was raised in Kendrick's family I would most likely be silently peeved at my parents for being immature irresponsible "living wild" adults who deprived me of a safe, happy childhood.

Though like many victims of child abuse, most likely I would deny my parents harmed me, seeking to blame others for the pain my parents caused to me.

I wonder how little Kendrick and his classmates reacted when their elementary school teacher introduced the DARE presenter and they learned about the real dangers of drugs and how they harm people, including their parents?

In a Oct 25, 2012, LAWeekly interview (Google search) Kendrick talks about being a SIX-YEAR-OLD child who was not able to trust and rely on his mom...essentially he speaks about being emotionally abandon by his own mom.

Kendrick shares his experiences about feeling lonely, which if you read up on Cognitive Dissonance that Dr. Joy Degruy writes about in her book, "Post Traumatic Slave Syndrome: America's Legacy of Enduring Injury and Healing (PTSS)", is it perfectly understandable why Kendrick feels lonely.

Search Google "Post traumatic Disorder Dr Joy de Gruy Leary - YouTube" to watch a very disturbing yet enlightening 1:21:00 lecture about "Cognitive Dissonance" and how it harms developing kids like Kendrick. Dr. DeGruy does an excellent job describing how "CD" helped perpetuate the human ignorances we call racism and slavery.

Dr. DeGruy also describes how using our common sense, we should be able to understand how "CD" can negatively impact developing children like Kendrick Lamar (born 1987), as well as Tupac Shakur (born 1971) and Shawn 'Jay Z Carter' (born 1969), to name a few more victims of horrific child abuse.

Early in my police career when I was assigned to the Brooklyn community Shawn 'Jay Z' Carter raps/writes about attempting destroy by selling poison to people living and working in his community, and rapping about engaging in extremely harmful anti-social behaviors designed to protect his drug operation from rival gangs in adjoining neighborhoods, a few of my training officers advised me to be prepared to experience "culture shock."

I did find out what "culture shock" is, though it was not a culture of violence and harmful anti-social activities many were insinuating I would be shocked by.

The aspect of this Brooklyn, NY community that *shocked me to the core* was witnessing children being emotionally scarred by a "American Sub-Culture of Child Abuse/Neglect" that Kendrick Lamar raps and speaks about some twenty-five years after I first witnessed the "American Sub-Culture of Child Abuse/Neglect" that today CONTINUES emotionally damaging many developing children and their communities.

I personally witnessed the emotional trauma and physical pain a young, neglected, unsupervised, Shawn 'Jay Z' Carter is responsible for causing, and its aftermath, leaving a community populated by mostly peaceful people fearing for their safety on a 24/7 basis, which are the hours Shawn's crew/gang were selling community harming substances.

During the twelve years I served this community I met hundreds of peaceful people who were just as shaken, upset and deeply disturbed as I was by the daily displays of violence and other anti-social activities mostly caused by teens and adults who were victims of childhood abuse and neglect.

I was lucky, at the end of my workday I could leave the community, returning to a more peaceful residential community were concerns for me and my family's safety were significantly lower.

However, virtually all of my civilian co-workers, mostly loving, competent moms living in this community were not as fortunate. They were burdened with stresses and challenges my parents did not face to any significant degree.

The added stresses and challenges my peaceful co-workers faced was preventing their children from being negatively influenced by abused/neglected/unsupervised children being raised and nurtured by immature, "living wild" teen moms and young women who irresponsibly begin building families before they acquired the skills, maturity, PATIENCE and means to independently provide for their family of developing children.

Reading Kendrick's background, if you have any compassion for kids, you have to feel horrible for a FIRST GRADE school child who can't depend on his mom to be there for him, a mom who exposes him to things kids should not have to witness and deal with in their young minds.

Kendrick has taken a bold first step by revealing his mother (and father) made poor choices that deprived him, his brothers and sisters from experiencing a safe, fairly happy Average Joe or Josie American kid childhood...

YET NO ONE IS LISTENING TO KENDRICK....WHY?

#ProtectKidsFromIrresponsibleCaregivers

...and ive shown you that a culture can bounce back, despite being hit with the plague and 2 world wars, IF they dont have an inferior culture like in Africa.

You seem to be missing the part about Europe not being taken over by outsiders who started the wars.

It's the smart thing to do. Just pretend that Europe govt deciding to fight is the same as Europeans deciding someone else should fight is the same. And you have a point, not a point about anything I've said but hey. ..

Most of the African wars were and are still between Africans.

African wars are brutal because both lack any humanity. Nevertheless they don't hold a candle to the devastation of the world wars.

African wars are brutal because both lack any humanity. Nevertheless they don't hold a candle to the devastation of the world wars.

You do realize that you just stated African wars are brutal because they lack humanity then said the World wars were worse.

If they were worse then wouldn't that mean they lack humanity more? Don't answer, you're full of shit anyway

You do realize that you just stated African wars are brutal because they lack humanity then said the World wars were worse.

If they were worse then wouldn't that mean they lack humanity more? Don't answer, you're full of shit anyway
During all war there are atrocities committed on the populous.

However all African countries are constantly in a state of civil war where Africans commit atrocities on the populous: they rape every woman they can find, they rape little girls even babies (way too many African girls lose their virginity to rape), they kidnap little boys and force them to commit atrocities, they slaughter entire village without mercy, they hack off the limbs of helpless victims for fun, they capture people and turn them into slaves and ever worse atrocities. It is the only constant in Africa!

Even South Africa, which is considered the most advanced African country - you can thank the Boers for that, is a basket case. The Boers used immoral tactics, but they built up a first world industrialized economy and in only one generation of black rule, that foundation has been dismantled. SA is the murder, rape, BABY rape, car jacking and AIDS capital of the world. Every year it sinks further and further. But TIA as the saying goes.

Actual African-Americans and actual black immigrants from other places are a totally different breed in behavior and tend to surprise on the upside.
How do the majority of African-American Christians who work for a living differ from black immigrants? I am not necessarily talking about inner city people but the black American population as a whole!

One of them "progressed" to President of the U.S.

Not too shabby

Was raised by white grand parents in a state with no black people. Had he been more influenced by black culture maybe he wouldn't have bucked the trend like he did. And besides he's just one person, no one is saying that all blacks have to be victims of their broken culture. People can rise above.
Are you confusing inner city culture with the larger so called Black culture where the Christian elements are?

Its funny, Ghook has a different measure when it comes to blacks.

I point out that Africa has a rich history beginning from the dawn of man and his response is they've done nothing.

I point out the European occupation and rape of Africa by Europeans and his response is in essence "Everyone has tough times" by saying Europe had two wars their govt chose to fight themselves.

He points out that Africans have wars because they lack humanity but also states that European wars were worse but that doesnt mean they lack humanity at all.

So this is a guy who doesnt know the history of Africa, who believes wars show a lack of humanity only for blacks, and that blacks throughout history have pretty much done nothing. And he wants to have a "serious discussion"?

Forum List

Back