Aetna to Cut Back 70% on Obamacare in 2017

Who else except the Federal government can create a massive enterprise backed by the taxing and law enforcement power of the formerly greatest country on earth, forcing all Americans to use it and STILL LOSE A FUCKING FORTUNE IN THE PROCESS?!!

I'm familiar with Aetna and their YTD earnings, which is why I cited the NYSE upthread.

It was that other, made-up word I was referring to.

You are a government lackey. You bend yourself into a pretzel defending anything they do.

You are redundant. But at least you know how to spell "lackey." That was not the word I was referring to.

So I guess the Shocking News that Aetna's pulling out is no longer quite so shocking and y'all will just keep repeating yourselves...

Your willingness to lie is redundant. We already know you are a liar. You don't have to keep proving it.

No, you do. Simply reiterating it doesn't make it so. Link to one instance anywhere on this board where you can prove I'm lying. Take your time.

Post #79.

IOW, you got nothing.

You are a government lackey. You bend yourself into a pretzel defending anything they do.

You are redundant. But at least you know how to spell "lackey." That was not the word I was referring to.

So I guess the Shocking News that Aetna's pulling out is no longer quite so shocking and y'all will just keep repeating yourselves...

Your willingness to lie is redundant. We already know you are a liar. You don't have to keep proving it.

No, you do. Simply reiterating it doesn't make it so. Link to one instance anywhere on this board where you can prove I'm lying. Take your time.

Post #79.

IOW, you got nothing.

You ask to show where you lied. I did. That means I have something and you ARE nothing. Worthless and a waste of good oxygen.

Post #79.

IOW, you got nothing.

You ask to show where you lied. I did. That means I have something and you ARE nothing. Worthless and a waste of good oxygen.

Anthem, Aetna sued by U.S. seeking to block mergers

Post #79.

IOW, you got nothing.

Has nothing to do with you being a liar.

Post #79.

IOW, you got nothing.

Never said it did. I just want to see how many empty ad hominems you can get away with.

Health Insurers Could Go on Buying Spree If Big Mergers Blocked

Never said it did. I just want to see how many empty ad hominems you can get away with.

Calling you what you are is a fact. That you call it anything else is more proof of my claim that you lie.

I have it figured out. You're like Pinocchio. You let Obama and/or Hillary sit on you face and say to you, "lie to me, tell me the truth" repeatedly.

IOW, you got nothing.

Calling you what you are is a fact. That you call it anything else is more proof of my claim that you lie.

I have it figured out. You're like Pinocchio. You let Obama and/or Hillary sit on you face and say to you, "lie to me, tell me the truth" repeatedly.

AETNA INC.|Company Profile|Vault.com

Doesn't change that you're still a liar.

Post all you want and divert. That's what liars do when they get called out for lying.

Doesn't change that you're still a liar.

Post all you want and divert. That's what liars do when they get called out for lying.

Aetna Health Insurance

Major insurer pulls out of a market, leaves room for smaller start-up insurers to fill the vacuum. Consumer benefits. Bonus: RWNJs have no idea what's happening.

That makes no sense at all. If the major company can't make money with the advantages it has in economies of scale, how will a new start up be able to fund its losses? You do realize that more start ups of any kind fail than are successful don't you?

Corporations like Aetna are more concerned with stockholder satisfaction and executive salaries than with providing services to consumers. When they lumber off over the horizon, they leave a vacuum where smaller, consumer-run companies can fill in...the way health insurance started back in the day. It's not the same model as a new restaurant opening across the street from established restaurants (the failed-startup model). There's a need to fill, and a learning from the mistakes of top-heavy monstrosities like Aetna.

Not likely since they are buying up medical providers and start up to circumvent the Medical-Loss Ratio restraints on premium increases.

Major insurer pulls out of a market, leaves room for smaller start-up insurers to fill the vacuum. Consumer benefits. Bonus: RWNJs have no idea what's happening.

That makes no sense at all. If the major company can't make money with the advantages it has in economies of scale, how will a new start up be able to fund its losses? You do realize that more start ups of any kind fail than are successful don't you?

Corporations like Aetna are more concerned with stockholder satisfaction and executive salaries than with providing services to consumers. When they lumber off over the horizon, they leave a vacuum where smaller, consumer-run companies can fill in...the way health insurance started back in the day. It's not the same model as a new restaurant opening across the street from established restaurants (the failed-startup model). There's a need to fill, and a learning from the mistakes of top-heavy monstrosities like Aetna.

Not likely since they are buying up medical providers and start up to circumvent the Medical-Loss Ratio restraints on premium increases.

In the markets where they'll still condescend to do business, you mean. I was referring to the markets they're abandoning.

In the markets where they'll still condescend to do business, you mean. I was referring to the markets they're abandoning.

Okay. Whatever. Your "health insurance start-up" is going to be paying money to Aetna and Blue Cross when their customers are getting medical treatment from companies owned by Aetna and Blue Cross. Let's see how well that works out for whom shall we...

Okay. Whatever. Your "health insurance start-up" is going to be paying money to Aetna and Blue Cross when their customers are getting medical treatment from companies owned by Aetna and Blue Cross. Let's see how well that works out for whom shall we...

I wasn't aware that Aetna was able to simultaneously pull out of a region and also buy up properties in the same region, and I wonder if that's legal?

If that's what they're doing, a savvy start-up might consider being a one-stop shop as well, before Aetna starts playing the "in-network/out-of-network" game.

I wasn't aware that Aetna was able to simultaneously pull out of a region and also buy up properties in the same region, and I wonder if that's legal?

If that's what they're doing, a savvy start-up might consider being a one-stop shop as well, before Aetna starts playing the "in-network/out-of-network" game.

Just because they are dropping ACA policies does not mean they are pulling out of the region. Regardless, I am not aware of any reason they cannot invest in companies. It means insurance is probably going to become too big to fail.

Just because they are dropping ACA policies does not mean they are pulling out of the region. Regardless, I am not aware of any reason they cannot invest in companies. It means insurance is probably going to become too big to fail.

Not sure what you mean by "dropping ACA policies." It seems to imply that the PPACA is an insurer (it is not) or that Aetna is refusing the subsidies it's being handed to insure certain patients.

Given that their entire goal is $$$$, that latter makes even less sense than the former.

Not sure what you mean by "dropping ACA policies." It seems to imply that the PPACA is an insurer (it is not) or that Aetna is refusing the subsidies it's being handed to insure certain patients.

Given that their entire goal is $$$$, that latter makes even less sense than the former.

From the OP "The insurance giant says it will offer ACA exchange plans in Delaware, Iowa, Nebraska and Virginia, slashing its Obamacare footprint by 70 percent next year. It will offer ACA plans in just 242 counties, nationally, down from nearly 780 this year."

That is what this thread is about. Aetna is dropping out of offering many of its PPACA exchange policies. If the policies are not being offered then they are not getting the subsidy for non-existent policies :eusa_doh: And if you want to be hypertechnical, the insurance company isn't the one getting the subsidy--it is the insured.

Forum List

Back