Adam Smith was a Marxist

You mean you lied about what Smith believed.
Nope. There is no need for me to lie about Smith, the person you little morons would call a Marxist now.

dear, why be so stupid!! Name a modern conservative who calls Smith a Marxist. See why we say a liberal will be slow??
You dummies would, but you are reactionaries. When someone says it's okay for the rich to pay more, that corporations should be banned, in your worldview that is a Marxist.

dear, why be so stupid!! Name a modern conservative who calls Smith a Marxist. See why we say a liberal will be slow??

if you don't admit you were mistaken how will you learn??

Nope. There is no need for me to lie about Smith, the person you little morons would call a Marxist now.

You dummies would, but you are reactionaries. When someone says it's okay for the rich to pay more, that corporations should be banned, in your worldview that is a Marxist.

That, lover, has already been explained to you. I'll not do it again.

Exactly. If you eliminate the profit motive from building weapons you deincentivize the government's need to use up the inventory in wars of aggression

actually the govt does not make a profit on weapons. Too stupid and liberal by 100%.
Not the government, dummy, the people who make the weapons.

dear, please re read he said deincentivise the govt. See why we say the liberal will be slow?
If you can't make a profit off of making weapons then your buddies on Congress and the Pentagon will have less incentive to go to war. Once you make a toy you have to play with it and it's a vicious circle.

too stupid which of course which explains why the liberal won't name the war we went to to make a profit for the military.

dear, why be so stupid!! Why so afraid to name a modern conservative who calls Smith a Marxist. See why we say a liberal will be slow and without the character to face mistakes and learn from them? Do you want to be a liberal all your life?

dear, why be so stupid!! Why so afraid to name a modern conservative who calls Smith a Marxist.
Lover, I don't need to since that is not the point of the thread now is it?

dear, why be so stupid!! Why so afraid to name a modern conservative who calls Smith a Marxist.

dear, you brought is up, that modern conservatives would think Smith a Marxist? Are you pretending to yourself that the Girl Scouts brought it up?

dear, you brought is up, that modern conservatives would think Smith a Marxist?
Lover, that is correct, but that doesn't mean they will call him that, unless I present what he said without his name attached to it. Then, boom, he's a Marxist. Smith was no who most believe him to be, he, unlike you people, had actual morals.

. Then, boom, he's a Marxist.

got it, so they don't call him a Marxist as you stupidly claimed but would if they knew what he said in an out of context manner in which you would present it, and it is just coincidence that left and right think of him as extolling the virtures of capitalism.

So then give us the best example of his out of context Marxism if you want to continue doubling down on your pure liberal ignorance.

. Then, boom, he's a Marxist.

got it, so they don't call him a Marxist as you stupidly claimed but would if they knew what he said in an out of context manner in which you would present it, and it is just coincidence that left and right think of him as extolling the virtures of capitalism.

So then give us the best example of his out of context Marxism if you want to continue doubling down on your pure liberal ignorance.
Learn to quote properly. Nothing needs to be taken out of context, and read the OP, it's correct.

Learn to quote properly. Nothing needs to be taken out of context, and read the OP, it's correct.

So then why is the liberal so afraid to give us the best example of his out of context Marxism in the work of Adam Smith?? What does his fear teach us??

So then why is the liberal so afraid to give us the best example of his out of context Marxism in the work of Adam Smith?? What does his fear teach us??
Nothing is taken out of context little lover, and yet again, you're being a child so we're done.

If you wish to start to understand the real Smith, read post #1, it's absolutely correct.

Check out this site. David Korten offers an in depth understanding of Adam Smith...

The Betrayal of Adam Smith - Excerpt:

"Smith strongly disliked both governments and corporations. He viewed government primarily as an instrument for extracting taxes to subsidize elites and intervening in the market to protect corporate monopolies."

isn't learning fun?
Yes, it is:

"Adam Smith was as acutely aware of issues of power and class as he was of the dynamics of competitive markets. However, the neoclassical economists and the neo-Marxist economists bifurcated his holistic perspective on the political economy, one taking those portions of the analysis that favored the owners of property, and the other taking those that favored the sellers of labor. Thus, the neoclassical economists left out Smith's considerations of the destructive role of power and class, and the neo-Marxists left out the beneficial functions of the market. Both advanced extremist social experiments on a massive scale that embodied a partial vision of society, with disastrous consequences.

If corporate libertarians had a serious allegiance to market principles and human rights, they would be calling for policies aimed at achieving the conditions under which markets function in a democratic fashion in the public interest. They would be calling for an end to corporate welfare, the breakup of corporate monopolies, the equitable distribution of property ownership, the internalization of social and environmental costs, local ownership, a living wage for working people, rooted capital, and a progressive tax system. Corporate libertarianism is not about creating the conditions that market theory argues will optimize the public interest, because its real concern is with private, not public, interests."

Check out this site. David Korten offers an in depth understanding of Adam Smith...

"Smith strongly disliked both governments and corporations. He viewed government primarily as an instrument for extracting taxes to subsidize elites and intervening in the market to protect corporate monopolies."

isn't learning fun?

If corporate libertarians had a serious allegiance to market principles and human rights, they would be calling for policies aimed at achieving the conditions under which markets function in a democratic fashion in the public interest. ."

Yo dingle berry

Who the fucketh defines "the public interest."

. Let me guess, Elizabeth Warren, right?

isn't learning fun?
Yes, it is:

"

so then you agree afterall that Smith was conservative, not marxist, in that he disliked govt( the opposite of liberals) and he disliked govt monopolies( the opposite of liberals) !

Exactly. If you eliminate the profit motive from building weapons you deincentivize the government's need to use up the inventory in wars of aggression

actually the govt does not make a profit on weapons. Too stupid and liberal by 100%.
Not the government, dummy, the people who make the weapons.

dear, please re read he said deincentivise the govt. See why we say the liberal will be slow?
If you can't make a profit off of making weapons then your buddies on Congress and the Pentagon will have less incentive to go to war. Once you make a toy you have to play with it and it's a vicious circle.

Whoa. . . . another liberal douche-bag who has such a low opinion of politicians that he thinks Congress votes to go to war just so their buddies can make big bucks. Liberals claim to have so much faith in democracy but here they are admitting that politicians are the most despicable brand opportunist.

It's the central premise of this thread.

Forum List

Back