Adam Schiff has just introduced a constitutional amendment to overturn Citizens United and stop unrestricted dark money in our elections

How can they be stopped when there’s no requirement for disclosing it?

You can make requirements disclosing things, but they have to be fair and apply to everyone.

Your side just wants to shut down contributions from people you don't like.

You can make requirements disclosing things, but they have to be fair and apply to everyone.

Your side just wants to shut down contributions from people you don't like.
Both sides have PACs, fool.
It’s about transparency, security and avoiding corrupting influences.

Which is of course why he waited.
Somebody reported (I think possibly on this thread, but not sure) that he put forth a bill on the same thing back when the Dems were in a majority in the house and even plus the VP in the Senate. I looked at the link supporting the statement, as it came from somebody on the right, that I trust to not just post unsupported partisan BS. After reading, I concluded it was true, leaving me to simple say Hmmmmm, that is interesting, making me wonder if limiting donations by huge multibillion-dollar corporations, they may depend on was popular on either side, when not standing in front of a microphone.

It's about calling the other side corrupt.
What “other side”? Both parties use PACs.
It’s about avoiding corruptive influences on anyone.

You’re just hot because you know this shitty system is the only way the Republicans can compete. That’s why you keep trying to make it one sided.

You’re just hot because you know this shitty system is the only way the Republicans can compete. That’s why you keep trying to make it one sided.

Exactly!
No corrupt movies that expose Hillary's corruption!!!

You mean like the money the filthy Unions give to the Democrat assholes or do you mean like the campaign money laundering that FTX did for the Democrats?

Maybe the half billion Bezos funneled to the Democrats?

Democrats are corrupt scum and get their funding from the sleaziest organizations on the planet.

FTX gave to who?

The eight members were Reps. Emmer, Donalds, Auchincloss, Warren Davidson (R-OH), Ted Budd (R-NC), Darren Soto (D-FL), Josh Gottheimer (D-NJ), and Ritchie Torres (D-NY). Budd was elected this year to the U.S. Senate.

Democrats get plenty of corporate money, and you don't seem to care about that.

If corporations can't donate, Unions shouldn't be able to either.

And even if we did somehow ban it, people would find end runs around it like they always do, making the money even darker, Hunter biden dark.

Regulating is the answer, which isn't prevented by Citizen's United.

Democrats get plenty of corporate money, and you don't seem to care about that.

If corporations can't donate, Unions shouldn't be able to either.

And even if we did somehow ban it, people would find end runs around it like they always do, making the money even darker, Hunter biden dark.

Regulating is the answer, which isn't prevented by Citizen's United.
For the third time now.
They all use PACs, dope. Ds and Rs.
There was no dark money like this before Citizens United.

Forum List

Back