Act Blue is sponsoring the sex camp for 8 year olds

I was 9 when the captain of the high school football time tried to assault me. I ran away then, and I ran away every time he came into my parent's restaurant after that.

What do you think is an appropriate age to tell kids about inappropriate touching? While they're getting a rape kit?
I believe, it is the parents' responsibility, to educate the child about inappropriate touching. Each child develops differently, and only the parent can know where they're really at. If you take a bunch of 9 year olds and put them in a room, you might have a couple that are already starting puberty, and a few that are way behind and won't be ready for a couple of years. You can't treat them all the same, that would be a bad thing.

Wow, I missed a few pages. :p

Sorry, it took a minute to get the proxy running. I'm caught up now. In fact it's kind of interesting reading the whole thread at once. Here's what I notice:

The point of this thread was that the Democratic Party is sponsoring the sex camp people. Maybe y'all knew that already, I didn't, I was like "whaddya know".

And, reading the 8 pages I missed, there's a lot of specific posts I'd like to reply to - but generally the two parts of this thread that leap off the page are the diversions by the lefties and the Bible thumping by parts of the right.

A couple of the left leaning members started talking about sex education, and pedophilia, and the thread isn't about that. (Although, those are interesting topics and I'd like to reply to some of the posts).

The right... how can I say this... things like social understanding and Bible based social rules, those are what I call "morality". I'd prefer that morality be kept out of K-12 education, because it's an advanced topic.

Children, on the playground, learn their own social morality. It's part of letting a child be a child, and develop his or her own way. In my view, Bible thumping is exactly equivalent to, say, leftists teaching CRT (whether openly or surreptitiously). It's "morality", and the only time teachers should step into that is to define boundaries. Like, if two kids are beating each other up, the teacher steps in.

I'll address this to those on the right - let's turn the tables and let's say we have a Christian teacher in a public school, who has either a trans gender student in class, or say a student with two mommies. My claim is, this teacher "should not" tell the child that they're living in sin, or that parents are living in sin. Any more than a leftie teacher should tell the child it's "okay". Public school teachers need to stay out of the morality business, is my take. (Generally speaking, Christian teachers are pretty good about that, they're well aware of the issues surrounding religion in the classroom).

Well, I'll just reiterate what I said "as a parent", which is my only political position really. (I live for my kids, I'm "codependent" on them ha ha). :p

My boundaries as a parent are:

1. My child is not your business. All this stuff about sex education, is NOT YOUR BUSINESS. It's => MY <= business. And my wife's. We are responsible parents. We talk with our children. We know what's going on in their lives. We don't want them 'educated' about morality, we want them to learn to read and write and balance their checkbooks. You don't talk to children about inappropriate touching IN SCHOOL, you don't do that. It puts anyone who HAS actually been abused in a miserable state. You need to respect the childrens' privacy. They're not your political playthings.

2. Anything that happens in school - ANYTHING - you need to ask the parents first. The parents are in charge. Always. 24/7, 100% of the time. It is the school district's JOB to keep the parents informed. That is exactly what we pay them for. If they fail to do that, they need to be replaced

Well, Sexy Sex Ed is "a virtual workshop series held on Zoom and the participants were ages 16 and up."

"Sexy Sex Ed was started by young people for young people in rural Appalachia who felt like they desperately needed sexual education resources that were not abstinence-only, or rooted in shame. Since 1995, there has been a concentrated decline in access to formal sexual education in rural areas of the US [Lindberg, 2016] — particularly in the South where there are higher rates of sexual activity and lower rates of contraceptive use than in other regions of the country."

So, for you to come on here and say it's not about sex education is hilarious. That's exactly what it's about.

They don't need to fear God. They need to fear parents who have pitchforks, torches and meat cleavers.
I think we should bring back the stocks.

You know, lock them immobile in the middle of town, where the winos can pee on them and the little kids can kick them in the shins. :p

I believe, it is the parents' responsibility, to educate the child about inappropriate touching. Each child develops differently, and only the parent can know where they're really at. If you take a bunch of 9 year olds and put them in a room, you might have a couple that are already starting puberty, and a few that are way behind and won't be ready for a couple of years. You can't treat them all the same, that would be a bad thing.

What happens if parents are unable, unwilling to do so? The kid just then gets no education on something extremely important?

I don't want to teach children about what The Alphabet Community does in their bedrooms. I think Math, Science and English are what should be taught. It's The Community they seem to be defending here that wants to focus on children's sexuality. That's called "Corruption of a Minor" It's a crime.
This. ^^^

If my child meets someone with two mommies, she will ASK us about it.

She is not to be brainwashed "in advance", on the OFF CHANCE that she might say something hurtful before we get to counsel her that she's not to make fun of these kids.

That's OUR responsibility, not the teachers in school.

What happens in SCHOOL though, is there are other kids who actually HAVE gone to sex camp, and THEY are the ones who tend to make fun of the prudes. Kids do that, they tend to make fun of each other. Sometimes a first or last name is quite sufficient for that purpose

IN NO WAY does that reality justify the diversion of public time and public funds into leftist social causes, at the expense of reading scores. Right now, reading scores are at their lowest point in years, and this is why. They're teaching kids about sex instead of the three R's.

As parents we know where our kids are hanging out and who they're hanging out with, and we try to make them aware of all manner of social dangers. Every parent should do this. Some don't, but that's still no excuse to go meddling in their family's lives

None of the depraved shit that they are trying to push on children is “age-appropriate” for any child.

You know this…how?

In a sane world, what they are doing would rightfully be recognized for what it clearly is—the sexual abuse of children. And those who had any willing part in it would be permanently removed from free society, preferably put to death.
Wow…sexual education, teaching kids about their anatomy, how to establish boundaries and say no, how NOT to get pregnant is now child abuse…no wonder your states have such high teen pregnancy rates.

There is only one motive, and one purpose for what they are doing, and that is to groom children to be easier prey for pedophiles.

That is just stupid.

The right don't have time to teach their kids about sex. They are too busy water boarding their kids to drive the "gay" out of them.

This. ^^^

If my child meets someone with two mommies, she will ASK us about it.

She is not to be brainwashed "in advance", on the OFF CHANCE that she might say something hurtful before we get to counsel her that she's not to make fun of these kids.

That's OUR responsibility, not the teachers in school.

What happens in SCHOOL though, is there are other kids who actually HAVE gone to sex camp, and THEY are the ones who tend to make fun of the prudes. Kids do that, they tend to make fun of each other. Sometimes a first or last name is quite sufficient for that purpose

IN NO WAY does that reality justify the diversion of public time and public funds into leftist social causes, at the expense of reading scores. Right now, reading scores are at their lowest point in years, and this is why. They're teaching kids about sex instead of the three R's.

As parents we know where our kids are hanging out and who they're hanging out with, and we try to make them aware of all manner of social dangers. Every parent should do this. Some don't, but that's still no excuse to go meddling in their family's lives
The problem though, is in that region, Appalachia, where this is being taught, parents are not teaching it. They are not having these conversations. The kids themselves are saying so, and statistics for teen pregnancies support that. This is not a national camp, it is regional.

We aren’t the ones who consider women to be mere vessels. Your “morals” and “values” once consigned to death those who did not fit in with them. Civil rights for me but not thee.

That is not a world I would consider good.

I do not believe the Left has any leg to stand on when it comes to Civil Rights, most definitely not in the last 10 years or so

Nobody on my side considers women to be “mere vessels”. As far as I know, you're the only one who has expressed or mentioned any such claim.

A very clear case of psychological projection.

The Left has come up with "BIRTHING PEOPLE" and "BLEEDING PEOPLE"

The problem though, is in that region, Appalachia, where this is being taught, parents are not teaching it. They are not having these conversations. The kids themselves are saying so, and statistics for teen pregnancies support that. This is not a national camp, it is regional.
So that gives the left an excuse to start imposing their moral values?

I mean, what is it with these people? This is what I call the grand leftist delusion, that they're somehow going to change peoples' beliefs with this kind of BS.

This is moralism, not even thinly disguised. The left can't bypass the parents and go straight to brainwashing the kids, that's not allowed. (You can call it education, call it whatever you want, all I'm saying plain and simple is, if you want to talk my kid about sex - of ANY kind - you get my permission first).

The job of the left is to convince the PARENTS, not brainwash the kids. If you want to get to the kids, you have to go through the parents. You MUST. The parents are legally responsible for the child, if they fail the child it's THEIR responsibility, not yours and not the government's.

This should be very simple for even lefties to understand: I do not subscribe to leftist morality. Don't need it, don't want it, and won't teach it to my kids. I have my own value system, thank you very much. Don't need yours.

So that gives the left an excuse to start imposing their moral values?

I mean, what is it with these people? This is what I call the grand leftist delusion, that they're somehow going to change peoples' beliefs with this kind of BS.

This is moralism, not even thinly disguised. The left can't bypass the parents and go straight to brainwashing the kids, that's not allowed. (You can call it education, call it whatever you want, all I'm saying plain and simple is, if you want to talk my kid about sex - of ANY kind - you get my permission first).

The job of the left is to convince the PARENTS, not brainwash the kids. If you want to get to the kids, you have to go through the parents. You MUST. The parents are legally responsible for the child, if they fail the child it's THEIR responsibility, not yours and not the government's.

This should be very simple for even lefties to understand: I do not subscribe to leftist morality. Don't need it, don't want it, and won't teach it to my kids. I have my own value system, thank you very much. Don't need yours.

Well you hit on a very important point here. In most districts, parents have been able to "sign off" on any kind of sex ed for many many years. This includes "good touch bad touch" taught in elementary school (AKA stranger danger), puberty, and more comprehensive lessons in the older grades. I can tell you that the vast majority of parents did NOT sign off. But because Leftists want to push this very hard, a whole lot more parents will sign off now!

Deuteronomy 22:5​

“The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.”
Wow, that's pretty wild. I didn't know they had cross-dressers back then. Well, didn't men wear "robes", kind of? Like togas? Something close? So like, that's not a "whole" lot different from a dress. Maybe about as different as a kilt.

Hm. I wonder what God was complaining about. Under garments? Shawls?

No it isn't. In fact the opposite is true. I ran away from that behaviour 60 years ago. You act like these things never happened before the left, or the media or whoever YOU believed normalized this behaviour, changed American behaviour. This has been happening since the dawn of time. It's only been recently that men were punished for such behaviour.

Furthermore, there are numerous incidences where abusers of young girls are let off the hook because the child behaved "seductively" or gave some form of consent. In other words, if someone has previously "groomed" and abused the child, she's fair game. It's only abuse if the child was of "previously chaste character".

White males normalized this behaviour - from all political spectrums. This is no different that sexual harassment of coworkers, or any other form of sexual abuse that men seem to feel entitled to inflict on women. It's toxic male culture and it's be around since the beginning of time. It's only since women started objecting to this shit, that people started to realize just how bad it's been for women and girls growing up.

One in four will be raped or abused. Stop blaming leftists for this, or non-Christians. The Christian right has some of the most misogynistic anti-women policies in the World. The name Christian Taliban is NOT a stretch at all.

And your solution to that is to blast sex and sexual innuendo everywhere in our culture, explain to 5 year olds what sex is, in all its glorious forms?? You think that's going to stop it, or is it going to normalize it so that your predators have an even easier time getting what they want?? You're so filled with hate about the so called white male misogynistic culture that you feel victimized by, that you're blinded as to the reality of what's going on. Just because you experienced something, doesn't mean everyone else has, and whether or not you learned all about sex at 5 years old, the scum that molested you would have still done it. Children know instinctually that it's wrong, they're coerced, usually from a 'loving' family member that it's okay, or to not tell anyone. Teaching small children that their body in private and no one should be touching them anywhere is sufficient, they don't need to be taught what sex is to know that someone touching them anywhere is wrong. Not wanting children exposed to sex has nothing to do with religion, it's the morally right thing to do, period. So take your 'white misogynistic male' and 'christian' bullshit somewhere else. The only people 'normalizing' every perverted sexual stance out there and forcing it down the throats of everyone, including young children is YOU, and people like you. Do you really think that having sex all out in the open and normalizing every perversion and teaching it to small children is going to stop sex predators, are you f'in crazy?

We aren’t the ones who consider women to be mere vessels. Your “morals” and “values” once consigned to death those who did not fit in with them. Civil rights for me but not thee.

That is not a world I would consider good.

Just more bullshit lies, my morals consigned people to death who didn't fit in with them? You're really quite out there. :cuckoo:

And you now this how? How is it even any of your business?

Forum List

Back