ACLU Files Emergency Petition with SCOTUS to Stop Texas Abortion Law that Allows Anyone to Sue Doctors

So to you on the far left, the 2nd amendment to the constitution is just a suggestion that can be modified, but abortion, that isn't in the constitution, but was created by a liberal Supreme Court, is inviolate and not to be modified? Weird logic that.
With its control of the courts – and ultimately the Supreme Court – the authoritarian right has free rein to enact all manner of laws and measures repugnant to the Constitution and to the principles of liberty and justice.

With absolute impunity, autocratic conservatives can use the authority of the state to disadvantage Americans of color, gay and transgender Americans, and immigrants – Texas violating the privacy rights of women is just the start of tyrannical Republican minority rule.

BS. If Roe V Wade were fully overturned tomorrow it would NOT keep women from getting an abortion in most states. It's true that many conservative states might well end the horrific practice but there would still be no legal barrier to a woman getting the abortion elsewhere. Even pro-life people wouldn't take it that far. If women demand the ability to continue snuffing out lives for the sake of their own convenience then they'll FIND a way to do so.

If Planned Parenthood is so vital, donate to them so they can give free transportation and medical care in states that continue to keep it legal.
When racist, bigoted, hateful Republican state lawmakers enact measures hostile to gay and transgender Americans, Americans of color, immigrants, and otherwise enact measures that suppress the right to vote of Americans of color, those disadvantaged by rightwing racism, bigotry, and hate can no longer seek relief in the courts now dominated by conservative ideologues who have nothing but contempt for settled, accepted Constitutional jurisprudence and the rights and protected liberties of the American people.

I hope women in red states wake up. This law will start to be passed in state legislatures in red states soon. Politicians who don't protect rights and the constitution need to be voted out of office. The courts won't protect women so it's up to women to vote for politicians who will.
Correct.

With the courts abdicating their duty and responsibility to defend the rights and protected liberties of the American people from rightwing authoritarianism, citizens must now defend those rights and protected liberties through the political process.

I don't understand why the appeals court did not issue this stay but they didn't.

I sure hope the Supreme Court issues the stay.

Otherwise, women in Texas are seriously screwed. Most women don't even know they're pregnant by 6 weeks.

Women are going to have to take pregnancy tests monthly in Texas so they can know they are pregnant before that 6 weeks has expired. Which I believe is discrimination to women.

Or they will go out of state for their abortions or to the internet for the abortion pill which really should be administered by a physician.

The part of the law that allows private people to sue anyone who they think violated this law is just out of control. A person who just gave someone a ride to get an abortion or helped someone pay for an abortion can be sued.

It's ridiculous and shouldn't be allowed to become law.

Things will get ugly in Texas if this law is allowed to stand.

Women in Texas better wake up and start voting and vote these crazy people out of their state congress.

Women helped vote these people into office.

Don't like Texas ?

Move the fuck out.

BS. If Roe V Wade were fully overturned tomorrow it would NOT keep women from getting an abortion in most states. It's true that many conservative states might well end the horrific practice but there would still be no legal barrier to a woman getting the abortion elsewhere. Even pro-life people wouldn't take it that far. If women demand the ability to continue snuffing out lives for the sake of their own convenience then they'll FIND a way to do so.

If Planned Parenthood is so vital, donate to them so they can give free transportation and medical care in states that continue to keep it legal.
That’s what these howling lefties can’t seem to understand. There is no constitutional right to an abortion. That was made up by a liberal court. Even if Roe vs Wade gets overturned, it just throws the decision back to the states. Where it should have been from day one.

Apparently you've never been to Texas.

I've been to Texas several times. The first time being in 1981.

The most recent being this last April.

The first and only time I ever experienced an ozone alert was in Huston. I had never heard of it before and I lived in So Ca in the 80s.

The riverwalk in San Antonio is nice until it rains. Then the smell from the water is very bad. It made me vomit. If I had not seen fish swimming in that polluted water I wouldn't have believe anything could survive in it.

The northern panhandle is interesting. A woman who worked at the Cadillac Ranch store tried to steal photos off my phone. By taking photos of it with her phone. I politely asked her to delete them but she refused. I had to tell her if she didn't Getty Images lawyers would be paying her a call. She finally deleted them. I thought she had a lot of nerve.

I don't recommend going to Texas.

Just the latest piece of evidence as to why the South is always going to be thought of as a wasteland. I wonder if we can now pass laws where if someone thinks you have an illegal gun, they can sue you for having that gun.
Actually, red flag laws have that effect on gun ownership. If you know your neighbor has a gun you can report him as a danger to himself and others and he will be harassed by law enforcement for a long time. His guns will be removed from his possession and he will have to fight to get them back. He'll have to prove he's not a danger. Basically, you can deny him his 2nd Amendment rights. And I find it amusing that people consider Texas to part of the "South". If anything, it's more Mexico than the "South".

1630746843583.png

That's your perogative amigo. People should support what they believe in but that's not the same as causes the government forces you to contribute to.
Agreed. All that shit needs to go.

The GOP war on women continues unabated.
I do not want to die for them. And there are to many people in law and law enforcement and national security and what ever les who still thinks that way. Get your asses into harms way. Come on!! With the help of males you have destroyed other males. And they will not forget when the time comes. In ghettos you see it.

Forum List

Back