Acculturation Requires An Epiphany

7. Ben Shapiro points out that Western Civilization was supported by the reasoning of Athens and the spirituality of Jerusalem.

Lest any imagine that all religions are the same, Leviticus 19:34
34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

Compared to this:
“New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: ‘Muslims should hate non-Muslims’

“The general principle… is to love and to hate for the sake of Allah,” New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: ‘Muslims should hate non-Muslims’

The difference between what produce Western civilization…and some other ones less accommodating to humanity, and love of our fellow man resulted in far more than ending slavery, and fewer murders:

This is what we had within our grasp: Compared to an earlier time, mothers and their children can expect to survive childbirth, and their children live another eight decades. Almost every American lives in a climate-controlled home with food and a TV. They have a car, refrig, microwave, and a cell phone. We have computers with internet, buy products from all over the globe, and cheaply, at that. None will be enslaved, few murdered, and free to have unpopular views or lifestyles. You can worship as you wish, or not at all. There is no institutional racism, and no governmental requirement to have or not have children. There is no aristocracy, no perennial wealth class, and most will die richer than when they were born.
Western Civilization, here, and promised to the whole world.

I formed it. No, Jesus did not want His followers involved with grubby business of worldly politics. His Kingdom is "no part of this World" and they are "to seek His Kingdom first".

Where is my quote that led to that query?

You are gonna have to work far harder not to be a dunce.

Try.

I'm sorry!! I formed that thought based on what He posted. I forgot you know better than Him.

An admission that I made no such statement, and you are, in actuality, a dunce.

I'd wish you to have a good day, but the only thing I ever say that isn't true is 'just kiddin.'

Marxism is merely the latest manifestation of pagan materialism. It is a cult that hides under the pseudo-secular terminology of 'scientific materialism', and they pretend to be 'rationalists' and/or 'rational constructivists'. One of their latest experiments is in how effectively they can convince large numbers of people that there is such a thing as 'transgenderism' and convincing children they need sex changes to be happy and other sick deviant 'experiments'.

"Rational constructivism: n. an approach to cognitive development; "with limited amounts of evidence, infants and young children can revise their beliefs and acquire new concepts"

Fredrick Hayek's The Fatal Conceit is an excellent rejection of this cult and its perverted mythology.

An admission that I made no such statement, and you are, in actuality, a dunce.

I'd wish you to have a good day, but the only thing I ever say that isn't true is 'just kiddin.'

But I do take you seriously, just like I take Covid and terrorism seriously.

Two posts "I don't take you seriously"...

....this one...."But I do take you seriously"...

Have I mentioned that you are an imbecile?

Well....it bears repeating.

I bet you vote Democrat, huh?

Marxism is merely the latest manifestation of pagan materialism. It is a cult that hides under the pseudo-secular terminology of 'scientific materialism', and they pretend to be 'rationalists' and/or 'rational constructivists'. One of their latest experiments is in how effectively they can convince large numbers of people that there is such a thing as 'transgenderism' and convincing children they need sex changes to be happy and other sick deviant 'experiments'.

"Rational constructivism: n. an approach to cognitive development; "with limited amounts of evidence, infants and young children can revise their beliefs and acquire new concepts"

Fredrick Hayek's The Fatal Conceit is an excellent rejection of this cult and its perverted mythology.

Couldn't agree more!

Access to this modern world required the religion of our Founders.
Strangely, many today subscribe to the paganism that leads back to slavery, serfdom, submission and slaughter.

Epiphany Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
https://www.merriam-webster.com › dictionary › epiph...

a moment in which you suddenly see or understand something in a new or very clear way

1.Western Civilization represents both the highest attainment in the history of mankind, and one more of the myriad errors in Liberal thinking. The title of the thread refers to how explosively successful Western Civilization became as a result of a religious conversion, from primitive beliefs, such as animism, under the Judeo-Christian faith.

Acculturation means the assimilation to a different culture, typically the dominant one. (Google)

This thread will show how the beliefs of slave traders of Africa, or the prior inhabitants of North America, before the settlers, or any of these atheistic views- Bolsheviks, Nazis, Progressives, Liberals, the current Democrats- produce dangerous and deadly cultures and societies.

2. Under Liberal/Leftist auspices, one must jettison truth in favor of never being critical to another belief or worldview. They are all deemed equal…..whether they are or not.

"The roots of postmodernism can be traced to the anthropologist Franz Boas, who, in an effort to study exotic cultures without prejudice, found it useful to take the position that no culture is superior to any other. Thus was born the idea of cultural relativity.
The idea spread like wildfire through the universities, catapulted by the radical impetus of the sixties, ready and willing to reject "the universality of Western norms and principles."
Bawer, "The Victim's Revolution"

View attachment 574793

3. It is a strange progression that has come full circle.....back to where we started.
Perhaps the earliest of religious beliefs was animism…. Animism—the belief that all natural phenomena, including human beings, animals, and plants, but also rocks, lakes, mountains, weather, and so on, share one vital quality—the soul or spirit that energizes them—is at the core of most Arctic belief systems.
Animism - an overview | ScienceDirect Topic https://www.sciencedirect.com › topics › social-sciences

In the words of the song, “Everything old is new again.”

Today, our most feted elites, our experts and scholars, the most educated, have ‘advanced’ back to the views of animism, where being human lives mean no more than that of herd animals, and human lives no more meaning than that of any other thing.
Enter, Left stage, the atheistic, animistic, Democrat Party.

To our Democrat pal, who never posts more than 'funny' or 'disagree' emoticons:

I yearn for the day when one of your sort can digest the post, and articulate a cogent response to same, making an argument for the opposite view.
I'm sure that will occur any day now.....

.....any day.......

.....any........

7. Ben Shapiro points out that Western Civilization was supported by the reasoning of Athens and the spirituality of Jerusalem.

Lest any imagine that all religions are the same, Leviticus 19:34
34 The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the Lord your God.

Compared to this:
“New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: ‘Muslims should hate non-Muslims’

“The general principle… is to love and to hate for the sake of Allah,” New York Mufti says, Muslims cannot integrate: ‘Muslims should hate non-Muslims’

The difference between what produce Western civilization…and some other ones less accommodating to humanity, and love of our fellow man resulted in far more than ending slavery, and fewer murders:

This is what we had within our grasp: Compared to an earlier time, mothers and their children can expect to survive childbirth, and their children live another eight decades. Almost every American lives in a climate-controlled home with food and a TV. They have a car, refrig, microwave, and a cell phone. We have computers with internet, buy products from all over the globe, and cheaply, at that. None will be enslaved, few murdered, and free to have unpopular views or lifestyles. You can worship as you wish, or not at all. There is no institutional racism, and no governmental requirement to have or not have children. There is no aristocracy, no perennial wealth class, and most will die richer than when they were born.
Western Civilization, here, and promised to the whole world.

Yet again, you shamelessly quote from the best the Bible has to say and the worst that one Muslim has to say. You neglected to mention all the times that Jews were expelled from Christian countries. You also neglected to cite the examples of Christians slaughtering non-Christians, and, just as often, other Christians.

Does Islam teach hatred for Non-Muslims?

No. One of the fundamental teachings of Islam and one which every Muslim cultivates in his heart is that of brotherhood and equality of human beings. Since Islam considers the diversity of people and nature as God’s creation, respect for diversity is commanded. Especially noted in the Qur’an are “People of the Book”, namely Jews and Christians, who were always given a special place in Muslim society. Muslims are commanded to safeguard their right to worship and their places of worship, a command that has been historically followed, as is evidenced by the existence of old churches and synagogues throughout the Muslim world in places like Turkey, Palestine, Jordan, Syria, and Bosnia. Contrary to the common stereotype, Islam was not “spread by the sword”, nor people forced to convert, a fact again borne out by the existence of non-Muslim populations throughout the Muslim world. This same respect and tolerance was extended to people of other faiths.

Yet again, you shamelessly quote from the best the Bible has to say and the worst that one Muslim has to say. You neglected to mention all the times that Jews were expelled from Christian countries. You also neglected to cite the examples of Christians slaughtering non-Christians, and, just as often, other Christians.

Does Islam teach hatred for Non-Muslims?

No. One of the fundamental teachings of Islam and one which every Muslim cultivates in his heart is that of brotherhood and equality of human beings. Since Islam considers the diversity of people and nature as God’s creation, respect for diversity is commanded. Especially noted in the Qur’an are “People of the Book”, namely Jews and Christians, who were always given a special place in Muslim society. Muslims are commanded to safeguard their right to worship and their places of worship, a command that has been historically followed, as is evidenced by the existence of old churches and synagogues throughout the Muslim world in places like Turkey, Palestine, Jordan, Syria, and Bosnia. Contrary to the common stereotype, Islam was not “spread by the sword”, nor people forced to convert, a fact again borne out by the existence of non-Muslim populations throughout the Muslim world. This same respect and tolerance was extended to people of other faiths.

You are such a lying low-life scum......apologist for the worst political elements, the Democrats.

Watch me destroy you again:

The following are direct quotes from the Quran and the Hadith:

Quran 4:89: "They (infidels) desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah's way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper."

Quran 8:12: "Instill terror into the hearts of the unbelievers;"

Quran 2:191: "... kill the disbelievers wherever we find them

Quran 22:19-22: "… for them (the unbelievers) garments of fire shall be cut and there shall be poured over their heads boiling water whereby whatever is in their bowels and skin shall be dissolved and they will be punished with hooked iron rods."

Quran 8:12: "Your Lord inspired the angels with the message: 'I will terrorize the unbelievers. Therefore smite them on their necks and every joint and incapacitate them. Strike off their heads and cut off each of their fingers and toes.'"

Qur'an:8:12 "I shall terrorize the infidels. So wound their bodies and incapacitate them because they oppose Allah and His Apostle."

Quran 8:7: "Allah wished to confirm the truth by His words: 'Wipe the infidels out to the last.'"

Quran 8:59: "The infidels should not think that they can get away from us. Prepare against them whatever arms and weaponry you can muster so that you may terrorize them. They are your enemy and Allah's enemy."

Quran 8:60: "Prepare against them whatever arms and cavalry you can muster that you may strike terror in the enemies of Allah, and others besides them not known to you."

Quran 9.29" "Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Apostle have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection."

Quran 47:4: "Strike off the heads of the disbelievers" and, after making a "wide slaughter among them, carefully tie up the remaining captives."

Hadith Sahih Muslim (41:6985): "Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: 'The last hour would not come unless the Muslims will fight against the Jews and the Muslims would kill them until the Jews would hide themselves behind a stone or a tree and a stone or a tree would say: Muslim, the servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me; come and kill him; but the tree Gharqad would not say, for it is the tree of the Jews.'"

Quran 9:5: "When the sacred forbidden months for fighting are past, fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, torture them, and lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Sura 3:151: "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the unbelievers for that they joined companions with Allah for which He had sent no authority: their abode will be the fire; and evil is the home of the wrong-doers!"

Sura 8:60: "Against them make ready your strength to the utmost of your power including steeds of war to strike terror into (the hearts of) the enemies of Allah and your enemies and others besides whom ye may not know but whom Allah doth know. Whatever ye shall spend in the cause of Allah shall be repaid unto you and ye shall not be treated unjustly."

Tabari IX:113: "Allah permits you to shut them (women) in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Quran."

Tabari I:280: "Allah said, 'It is My obligation to make Eve bleed once every month as she made this tree bleed. I must also make Eve stupid, although I created her intelligent.' Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of this world menstruate and are stupid."

Ishaq:327: "Allah said, 'A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.'"

These quotations are not out of context. They are representative of dozens and dozens of other messages in the Islamic "holy" texts. Clearly, they have inspired the violent and hateful behavior of followers.

I know there are many peaceful Muslims who view them allegorically rather than literally. Yet, is it outside the bounds of civil public discourse to challenge such statements?

I think it would be irresponsible to ignore how the Quran instructs its followers.

Bukhari:V4B52N220 "Allah's Apostle said, 'I have been made victorious with terror.'"

Your ideas and honestly are a joke and can't be taken seriously, the damage you and those like you do to the country, now that is something to be taken seriously. It is called 'nuance'. If you'd gone to a government school you might have learned all about it.

The following are direct quotes from the Quran and the Hadith:

Quran 2:191: "... kill the disbelievers wherever we find them

These quotations are not out of context. They are representative of dozens and dozens of other messages in the Islamic "holy" texts. Clearly, they have inspired the violent and hateful behavior of followers.

I know there are many peaceful Muslims who view them allegorically rather than literally. Yet, is it outside the bounds of civil public discourse to challenge such statements?

I think it would be irresponsible to ignore how the Quran instructs its followers.
Opinions differ on 'context' but I applaud you for sticking to your fantasy that all things Christian are good and all things Muslim are bad.

Here is the verse you are talking about, along with the one before it:

Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.

And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

I have boldened the parts which many people find violent and oppressive. But if anyone who has even the most average comprehension skills reads it, the actual meaning becomes very clear.

Now, I will highlight these parts:

Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors.

And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith.

These two verses are clearly not telling Muslims to go and slay disbelievers and kill innocent people.

It's ordering Muslims to go fight those who fight them and those who force them to leave their homes.

It's ordering Muslims not to fight disbelievers at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (the disbelievers) fought first.

You see, it's very easy to show that terrorism and oppression are not Islam. All you need is some comprehension skills.

Your ideas and honestly are a joke and can't be taken seriously, the damage you and those like you do to the country, now that is something to be taken seriously. It is called 'nuance'. If you'd gone to a government school you might have learned all about it.

Now this: "Your ideas and honestly are a joke and can't be taken seriously,"

Even Democrats wish you would stop posting,....you're are an embarrassment to humanity.
Stick to your career….demonstrating perfume at Macy’s.

Opinions differ on 'context' but I applaud you for sticking to your fantasy that all things Christian are good and all things Muslim are bad.

Here is the verse you are talking about, along with the one before it:

I have boldened the parts which many people find violent and oppressive. But if anyone who has even the most average comprehension skills reads it, the actual meaning becomes very clear.

Now, I will highlight these parts:

These two verses are clearly not telling Muslims to go and slay disbelievers and kill innocent people.

It's ordering Muslims to go fight those who fight them and those who force them to leave their homes.

It's ordering Muslims not to fight disbelievers at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (the disbelievers) fought first.

You see, it's very easy to show that terrorism and oppression are not Islam. All you need is some comprehension skills.

"Opinions differ on 'context' but I applaud you for sticking to your fantasy that all things Christian are good and all things Muslim are bad."

I never said that.

I've lost track of the number of lies you have posted.

"Opinions differ on 'context' but I applaud you for sticking to your fantasy that all things Christian are good and all things Muslim are bad."

I never said that.

I've lost track of the number of lies you have posted.
You've lost track of what is in the snippets you copy and paste since your post mentioned context.

If you are more fair and balanced than I wrote (or ever saw), please share something bad about Christianity and something good about Islam. I can't wait...

You've lost track of what is in the snippets you copy and paste since your post mentioned context.

If you are more fair and balanced than I wrote (or ever saw), please share something bad about Christianity and something good about Islam. I can't wait...

Did I say this?

Unless you can find any such quote, you will have been self-identified as exactly as I described you: a low-life lying scum apologist for the Democrat Party.

I anxiously await your response.

....or not.

8. It has been far from a smooth rise for society over these three millennia, and the French Revolution was one of those bumps in the road. It was an attempt to remove religion from society, with the very same result we saw during the Century of Slaughter, the 20th.

Our revolution, the American Revolution, produced documents and a nation based on individualism, free markets, and limited constitutional government, the beliefs of Classical Liberals, or what we call 'conservatives' today. Its template was the amalgam of Judeo-Christian biblical tradition and Anglo-Saxon Common Law.
It is for this reason that America did not become the abattoir, the slaughter house, that France became.

In the course of France's short revolution, 600,000 French citizens were killed, and another 145,000 fled the country.
Schom, "Napoleon Bonaparte," p. 253.

It is the mark of every atheistic movement.

France, the slaughter house:
"That's in a country with between 24 and 26 million people, about the current population of Texas. In terms of population loss, that would be the equivalent of the United States having a 9/11 attack every day for seven years." Coulter, "Demonic," p. 266.

The reason our revolution was so different from the violent, homicidal chaos of the French version was the dominant American culture was Anglo-Saxon and Christian. “52 of the 56 signers of the declaration and 50 to 52 of the 55 signers of the Constitution were orthodox Trinitarian Christians.”
David Limbaugh

Forum List

Back