According to the AP Trump search inventory reveals new details from FBI seizure

I doubt they would go through dozens of boxes of document the way you might rummage through your garage. It is quite likely have been checking ever page for fingerprints, damages and photographing them. However, you are probably right although we don't know when they started going through the boxes.

I'm not sure they know what classified documents Trump actually took from the White House. The president does not go thru the process of being read in and checking out documents. All he has to do is ask his staff to get me all documents on a certainly subject. Those documents might come from Trump's staff or any agency. I'm sure there would be some documentation of the transfer but not centralized.
He certainly did not catalogue everything. However, controlled documents are, well, controlled. They knew exactly what they were looking for the first time they went through the residence. I cannot swallow that they are unaware of what materials would be in those jackets.

If there are more documents to be found then they would know it and a story on the jackets tells me they are just bullshitting. I will wait until they claim there are more missing and they are looking for the documents themselves.

if his term was over, why would they need to still be there? I could offer the opps or actions were completed and destroyed. people packed up the empty folders as part of the clear out/ move. And you don't think that happens right? hahahahahahahaha I have empty egg cartons almost weekly. I have half filled egg cartons during that time because, once used the slot the egg came from is empty!!!!! hahahahahahahahahhha again.
My understanding is the president and his staff do not do the actually packing. The NARA is in charge and they use people from the GSA to pack and load trucks. Everything in presidential offices and storage area are packed and sent to NARA storage facility in Chicago or the NARA storage facility in Maryland if classified. Any documents or artifacts the president wants to keep is authorized by the NARA and transferred to the residence and then sent to Mar-A-Lago along with personal belongs of the president on inauguration day. It seems very unlikely the NARA would approve transferring classified documents to the residence. So nothing should go directly from the presidential offices to Mar A Lago.

No but it is evidence and collecting evidence is what the FBI is doing. Whether all the evidence collected is enough to proceed with criminal charges is up to Garland. And if Garland charges Trump, it will be up to a Grand Jury to indict him. And if indicted, it will up to a trial jury to convict. And if convicted, it will be up to the judge to determine sentence. And if convicted, it will be up to voters to determine whether he gets to pardon himself.

For over 50 years he has been walking on the narrow line between unethical behavior and criminal behavior. This time, he stepped over that line.

Sorry, but totally wrong.
All presidents and vice presidents are specifically exempt from any and all classified docs legislation.
That is because presidents and vice presidents do not get their clearance from government, due to their position. Instead they get it from a much higher source, the people themselves.
So presidents and vice presidents can do whatever they could ever want, with all classified docs.
They can take them home, give them to relatives, and even give them to national enemies if they want.'
There is nothing anyone can do about it, because presidents and vice presidents have total and complete discretion.

The only thing presidents can not do, is destroy docs needed for FOIA.

He certainly did not catalogue everything. However, controlled documents are, well, controlled. They knew exactly what they were looking for the first time they went through the residence. I cannot swallow that they are unaware of what materials would be in those jackets.

If there are more documents to be found then they would know it and a story on the jackets tells me they are just bullshitting. I will wait until they claim there are more missing and they are looking for the documents themselves.
Don't know, I would be just guess. There isn't going to much real information released unless the case goes to trial. When it goes to a grand jury, everything is suppose to be sealed but there would some leaks. And if the DOJ drops charges we will probably never know the details.

My understanding is the president and his staff do not do the actually packing. The NARA is in charge and they use people from the GSA to pack and load trucks. Everything in presidential offices and storage area are packed and sent to NARA storage facility in Chicago or the NARA storage facility in Maryland if classified. Any documents or artifacts the president wants to keep is authorized by the NARA and transferred to the residence and then sent to Mar-A-Lago along with personal belongs of the president on inauguration day. It seems very unlikely the NARA would approve transferring classified documents to the residence. So nothing should go directly from the presidential offices to Mar A Lago.

They could easily and legally have been sent to Mar-a-lago 2 years ago.
But they also could have just been given to a family member 2 years ago.
Presidents can do absolutely whatever they want with classified docs.
Read the legislation.
That is what it says.

{...
The President has no security clearance, in the sense that other employees of the federal government do. Simply put, there is no document held by the United States government that the President is restricted from viewing for reasons of national security. It’s also impossible for the President to violate a security classification; the President has the absolute authority to decide who is and is not entitled to know what is in a classified document, and may reveal any classified fact he or she deems appropriate to any person at any time for any reason (except possibly for a few narrow cases where specific statutes make such releases illegal).
...}

Sorry, but totally wrong.
All presidents and vice presidents are specifically exempt from any and all classified docs legislation.
That is because presidents and vice presidents do not get their clearance from government, due to their position. Instead they get it from a much higher source, the people themselves.
So presidents and vice presidents can do whatever they could ever want, with all classified docs.
They can take them home, give them to relatives, and even give them to national enemies if they want.'
There is nothing anyone can do about it, because presidents and vice presidents have total and complete discretion.

The only thing presidents can not do, is destroy docs needed for FOIA.
I did not say that the president was bound by rules of classification. The president has complete and total access to all classified information. However, a president may be charged with violation of the espionage act if he actually discloses defense secrets that clearly results in damage to the defense of the nation. This has nothing to do with classification. Those charges would probably result in removal from office followed criminal charges. Although this is perfectly legal, conviction would be difficult because the president is responsible for foreign policy. A number of presidents have disclosed secret information to foreign nationals and have not been charged because it can reasoned that the disclosure was part of foreign policy.

Last edited:
They could easily and legally have been sent to Mar-a-lago 2 years ago.
But they also could have just been given to a family member 2 years ago.
Presidents can do absolutely whatever they want with classified docs.
Read the legislation.
That is what it says.

{...
The President has no security clearance, in the sense that other employees of the federal government do. Simply put, there is no document held by the United States government that the President is restricted from viewing for reasons of national security. It’s also impossible for the President to violate a security classification; the President has the absolute authority to decide who is and is not entitled to know what is in a classified document, and may reveal any classified fact he or she deems appropriate to any person at any time for any reason (except possibly for a few narrow cases where specific statutes make such releases illegal).
...}
I agree.

The investigation of the classified documents the FBI is doing is not about what Trump did with the documents while president. They're looking at what happened after he left office, more specifically:
How did the classified documents get to Mar A Lago?
Why didn't Trump return the document when he left office or when subpoenaed?
Who has had access to those document?
Where are the documents that belong in the empty classified document folders?
Are there more classified documents at Mar A Lago?

In regard to the presidential document:
How did the Presidential Documents get to Mar A Lago
Who altered and destroyed a number of those documents?
Why weren't all document returned?
Are there more president documents at Mar A Lago?

Forum List

Back