Accidental gun death 2016: 495. Drug over dose death 2017: 70,237...ban drugs.

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
So...anti gunners will use gun accidental death as a reason to ban guns......so with 70,237 accidental drug over dose deaths in this country...time to ban drugs? Right?

Those accidental drug over dose deaths outnumber even illegal, intentional gun murder deaths at 11,004 in 2016.....and 7-80% of those deaths were criminals engaged in the criminal life......in Chicago that is over 90%.....

So...if anti gunners want to ban guns over 11,499 gun murders and accidental death...mostly of criminals...then at 70,237 accidental deaths with drugs...we need to immediately ban all drugs for all illnesses...if it saves just one life....Right?

US life expectancy drops again as overdoses climb

you need a doctor prescription to get hard drugs, AFTER going to the doctor legally,
drug/mouthwash/aspirin/etc bottles have child protective devices
so because of drug overdoses, we should not try to keep the murder rate down? !!??
drugs are designed to SAVE people
guns are designed to KILL people
very, very ridiculous analogy

millions of people use drugs to help themselves everyday
not even close to how many use guns to help themselves
very ridiculous analogy

very ridiculous analogy
Over a million firearms uses a year to deter crime.
...I'be been over this before with 2A and provided the stats/links--that's BULLSHIT
they are not documented
not civilians
...I've been over this many times and provided the links that for every SD use, there are dozens of murders

you need a doctor prescription to get hard drugs, AFTER going to the doctor legally,
so because of drug overdoses, we should not try to keep the murder rate down? !!??

So nobody gets drugs illegally even though they are banned?

very ridiculous analogy
and please read the posts again:
... medicine helps far more people than they hurt--far more people than guns help-do-WAY more

again--this is a very ridiculous analogy/hypothesis:
guns designed to kill--medicine to cure--plain and simple
..guns help a million a year? [ very arguable ]medicine to help--every DAY HELPING millions

also, guns are used for murder, crime and suicide--so help-vs detriment is even LOWER

Last edited:
very ridiculous analogy
...I'be been over this before with 2A and provided the stats/links--that's BULLSHIT
they are not documented
not civilians
...I've been over this many times and provided the links that for every SD use, there are dozens of murders
Well EXCEPT Obama's own admin admits over 1 million uses a year.

very ridiculous analogy
and please read the posts again:
... medicine helps far more people than they hurt--far more people than guns help-do-WAY more

..guns help a million a year? [ very arguable ]medicine to help--every DAY HELPING millions

also, guns are used for murder, crime and suicide--so help-vs detriment is even LOWER
Less then 12000 firearms are used to murder people out of over 600 million, do the math dumb ass.

one would think that harmonica , yet the pharmacabal has been actively recruiting addicts from young to old...

~S~

Actually, each year guns save more lives in this country than they take...

2016....11,004 gun murders, 70-80% of the victims are criminals engaged in crime...90% of the victims in cities like Chicago are criminals.

The Centers for Disease Control puts the number of self defense gun use at 1.1 million times a year...one estimate puts the actual lives saved because of this number at 176,000 ......

So guns save lives every single day....

You are ridiculous....

Most gun deaths are whites in Red States committing suicide.

Remember, every one of those is a vote lost to the GOP.

See, every tragedy has a silver lining.

very ridiculous analogy
they are not documented
not civilians

You haven't done any such thing...... I have shown about a dozen studies on gun self defense from both private and government researchers, including the CDC and the Department of Justice....they do not include the police or military in those studies......

there were 11,004 gun murders in 2016 according to the FBI.

According to the Centers for Disease Control the average defensive gun use number each year is about 1.1 million.....the Department of Justice put it at 1.5 million...

A quick guide to the studies and the numbers.....the full lay out of what was studied by each study is in the links....

The name of the group doing the study, the year of the study, the number of defensive gun uses and if police and military defensive gun uses are included.....notice the bill clinton and obama defensive gun use research is highlighted.....

GunCite-Gun Control-How Often Are Guns Used in Self-Defense

GunCite Frequency of Defensive Gun Use in Previous Surveys

Field...1976....3,052,717 ( no cops, no military)

DMIa 1978...2,141,512 ( no cops, no military)

L.A. TIMES...1994...3,609,68 ( no cops, no military)

Kleck......1994...2.5 million ( no cops, no military)

CDC...1996-1998... 1.1 million averaged over those years.( no cops, no military)

Obama's CDC....2013....500,000--3million

--------------------

Bordua...1977...1,414,544

DMIb...1978...1,098,409 ( no cops, no military)

Hart...1981...1.797,461 ( no cops, no military)

Mauser...1990...1,487,342 ( no cops,no military)

Gallup...1993...1,621,377 ( no cops, no military)

DEPT. OF JUSTICE...1994...1.5 million ( the bill clinton study)

Journal of Quantitative Criminology--- 989,883 times per year."

(Based on survey data from a 2000 study published in the Journal of Quantitative Criminology,[17] U.S. civilians use guns to defend themselves and others from crime at least 989,883 times per year.[18])

Paper: "Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment." By David McDowall and others. Journal of Quantitative Criminology, March 2000. Measuring Civilian Defensive Firearm Use: A Methodological Experiment - Springer

-------------------------------------------

Ohio...1982...771,043

Gallup...1991...777,152

Tarrance... 1994... 764,036 (no cops, no military)

Lawerence Southwich Jr. 400,000 fewer violent crimes and at least 800,000 violent crimes deterred..

If you take the studies from that Kleck cites in his paper, 16 of them....and you only average the ones that exclude military and police shootings..the average becomes 2 million...I use those studies because I have the details on them...and they are still 10 studies (including Kleck's)....
Self defense with a gun:

How many homocides are committed by drugs?

The 11,004 gun murders in 2016 are largely due to drug gangs and their activity......without illegal drug gangs, our gun murder rate would be almost zero.

The 11,004 gun murders in 2016 are largely due to drug gangs and their activity......without illegal drug gangs, our gun murder rate would be almost zero.
So the solution is simple... legalize drugs

I can't say I would be against it...it would get rid of the organized violence, but it would still leave the addicts committing crimes to get drug money. Armed Citizens would help with that problem though....

I can't say I would be against it...it would get rid of the organized violence, but it would still leave the addicts committing crimes to get drug money. Armed Citizens would help with that problem though....
Regulated substances, well funded treatment centers and support programs would help decrease the amount of addicts

Regulated substances, well funded treatment centers and support programs would help decrease the amount of addicts

Yep...it might. But then you still have the gangs with nothing to do once their drug revenue dries up.....what do they do?

Yep...it might. But then you still have the gangs with nothing to do once their drug revenue dries up.....what do they do?
That’s a good question. I imagine some will get legit jobs in the drug trade. Others will resort to crime in another areas. But with less funding the wind will be out of their sails. Opportunity and profitability both decrease and many will find another path. It’s all about creating paths of least resistance as most people take the easy road.

Forum List

Back