About half of America's new college graduates are working in high school-level jobs like food service and retail: report

I’m told china has the same problem

Too many college grads who cannot find an elite job to fill

These are the people that make fun people who don't have degrees, whose getting the last laugh.
Sounds like half of them need to move, or should have chosen their degree with more attention to demand and earning potential, instead of self-fulfillment early in life. Many do not seem self-motivated, simply thinking stability, growth, and advancement will or should be handed to them. It wasn't to us, so I am not surprised about them.

Sounds like half of them need to move, or should have chosen their degree with more attention to demand and earning potential, instead of self-fulfillment early in life. Many do not seem self-motivated, simply thinking stability, growth, and advancement will or should be handed to them. It wasn't to us, so I am not surprised about them.
And do you hold the welfare recipients to the same standards? Do you say they should have chosen more wisely? Or should move to where jobs are? Do you complain how they’re not motivated?

Nope. Democrats show disdain for working folks getting by on modest wages, while making excuses for and defending people on government assistance. THAT is why working class people have abandoned the Democrats!

Well there is an overreaction. Most of them end up in college level jobs.

And do you hold the welfare recipients to the same standards? Do you say they should have chosen more wisely? Or should move to where jobs are? Do you complain how they’re not motivated?
Oh no!....That would be "blaming the victim".
Nope. Democrats show disdain for working folks getting by on modest wages, while making excuses for and defending people on government assistance. THAT is why working class people have abandoned the Democrats!
If they didn't have double standards......

I have never known what caused welfare recipients to remain welfare recipients. Obviously, lifestyle choice is not advantageous, nor associations and criminal activity within that community. Some say, it is a matter of how they were raised, lack of enforced diligence to stick out the work required in school, as having fun was more fun, along with single parent raising, in the home. Beats me.

That’s largely because college has been so watered down in order to let every Tom, Dick, and Harry in that it is now what a high school education was 40 years ago.
(1) Many students are attending college in order to please their parents or high school counselors.

(2) They would be wiser to attend trade school, but some communities insist that every student attend college. It makes the local board of education look good.

(3) So they pursue "easy" diplomas in the fine arts.

(4) Of course, there are few employment opportunities for such "easy" diplomas.

Well there is an overreaction. Most of them end up in college level jobs.
So, your guidance in patients. They and the google poll readers should simply ignore, while the new graduates are absorbed into the system. There is good (actual) conservative logic to that.

So, your guidance in patients. They and the google poll readers should simply ignore, while the new graduates are absorbed into the system. There is good (actual) conservative logic to that.
I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of this post.

My advice is not to clutch the pearls and not to overstate it.

My son graduated and then started looking for jobs, slowly. In the meantime, he worked his old job. He didn't really want to jump right into a white collar job.

After several offers he did not take, he just accepted an offer.

And he is considering rejecting that and going to law school instead.

(1) Many students are attending college in order to please their parents or high school counselors.

(2) They would be wiser to attend trade school, but some communities insist that every student attend college. It makes the local board of education look good.

(3) So they pursue "easy" diplomas in the fine arts.

(4) Of course, there are few employment opportunities for such "easy" diplomas.
I think the U.S. needs a new model: all kids work a full year, or even two, before going on to college. It will show them what type of unskilled jobs await them after college if they don’t pick a marketable major. Plus, they could save some money toward tuition, and also mature a bit to know what they want to study.

I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of this post.

My advice is not to clutch the pearls and not to overstate it.

My son graduated and then started looking for jobs, slowly. In the meantime, he worked his old job. He didn't really want to jump right into a white collar job.

After several offers he did not take, he just accepted an offer.

And he is considering rejecting that and going to law school instead.
Good luck to your son. I suspect he will be fine. One of my twins came straight out of college (after working his way through the four years) into a job in his degree within a month and a half, and has moved up since, to increasing leves of 1st/2nd line management. The other twin, did 3 years of successful college before dropping to take a slot in Army SF training. After 1st tour, came back to be paramedic and then ER Registered Nurse, still liking the action, and doing well financially, lifestyle and otherwise.

Forum List

Back