Abortion

You are implying that conservatism is a genetic disorder that is inherited. Do you have any empirical data to support your hereditary predisposition theory?

In any event, your bifurcation is woefully askew.

It is the libertarian, "Keep government out of (personal, private mater goes here)" that is opposed to dried up old politicians and bureaucrats usurping personal liberties and intruding into wombs.

Authoritarians become moist at the prospect of the State seizing control.

Statists thrill at the prospect of a microscopic, mindless mass of cells licensing impersonal fools to rush in at the earliest stage of a pregnancy and dictate, rather than allowing an American to make personal decisions in consultation with friends, family, and medical and spiritual advisers who know her and whom she trusts.
Conservatives will dutifully send their children to indoctrination centers, known as public education, where they will promptly adopt Left wing teachings regarding abortion

And what are children to think? Their parents sent them there.

It's just that simple.

No, compassionate humans wants to protect life.
I also oppose capital punishment, a statist excess that ignores the inherent inequity in rich people never being killed in cold blood by the state because they can retain slick lawyers. Those who regard the State as omniscient and omnipotent in such existential matters baffle me. The State is an inherently imperfect human construct.

Naturally, I also oppose an impersonal bureaucracy seizing control of wombs. A microscopic, mindless amalgam of cells is not a person despite the pretence of some who advocate for greater statist intrusion.

Overall, 24% of Americans are satisfied with U.S. abortion policies, 66% are dissatisfied and 9% have no opinion. The dissatisfied group includes 14% who initially say they are dissatisfied but, when probed, say the laws should remain as they are. This is in addition to the 22% dissatisfied who want stricter laws and the 30% dissatisfied who want less-strict laws.
Screen Shot 2022-01-21 at 8.23.55 AM.png

Conservatives will dutifully send their children to indoctrination centers, known as public education, where they will promptly adopt Left wing teachings regarding abortion

And what are children to think? Their parents sent them there.

It's just that simple.
Simpletons aside, all children are influenced by whatever they are exposed to, and yet are still capable of thinking for themselves as they mature.

I am not aware of any public school teacher who disfavors state womb intrusion or supports it indoctrinating students.

I also oppose capital punishment, a statist excess that ignores the inherent inequity in rich people never being killed in cold blood by the state because they can retain slick lawyers. Those who regard the State as omniscient and omnipotent in such existential matters baffle me. The State is an inherently imperfect human construct.

Naturally, I also oppose an impersonal bureaucracy seizing control of wombs. A microscopic, mindless amalgam of cells is not a person despite the pretence of some who advocate for greater statist intrusion.

Overall, 24% of Americans are satisfied with U.S. abortion policies, 66% are dissatisfied and 9% have no opinion. The dissatisfied group includes 14% who initially say they are dissatisfied but, when probed, say the laws should remain as they are. This is in addition to the 22% dissatisfied who want stricter laws and the 30% dissatisfied who want less-strict laws.
Go and tell a couple on IVF, pffft just a clump of cells. I'm sure they would donate their left arm to get a clump of cells.

Public support for greater bureaucratic intrusion into the womb is not popular with freedom-loving Americans.
Any chance you could make a list of these freedoms, never been able to find an American that can. I'm UK, so pick the UK, New Zealand and Australia. What is this list of freedoms that are unique to America?

Any chance you could make a list of these freedoms, never been able to find an American that can. I'm UK, so pick the UK, New Zealand and Australia. What is this list of freedoms that are unique to America?
Why do you think freedom-loving Americans have some "list of freedoms" that uniquely differentiates them from other freedom-loving people?

I understand Conservatives want to protect life, but does all life deserve protection? It's Liberals who are getting the abortions which means they are producing fewer Liberals. If you make them keep the brats then we have to pay them welfare and they grow up to be Liberals. So let them have their abortions we would be better off in the long run.
The welfare needs to be slashed as well.

Why do you think freedom-loving Americans have some "list of freedoms" that uniquely differentiates them from other freedom-loving people?
Just that, no matter which nationality you speak to, just seems to be Americans that claim they're free and apparently other countries are not. So why this fallacy?

Just that, no matter which nationality you speak to, just seems to be Americans that claim they're free and apparently other countries are not. So why this fallacy?
Since I never indicated anything about Americans being uniquely freedom-loving, I can't help you. It is American law that is being discussed.

Poland, Iran, and most of Latin America have repressive abortions laws, and I don't think Americans want to emulate them, many other freedom-loving nations as well, I assume.

You are implying that conservatism is a genetic disorder that is inherited. Do you have any empirical data to support your hereditary predisposition theory?

In any event, your bifurcation is woefully askew.

It is the libertarian, "Keep government out of (personal, private mater goes here)" that is opposed to dried up old politicians and bureaucrats usurping personal liberties and intruding into wombs.

Authoritarians become moist at the prospect of the State seizing control.

Statists thrill at the prospect of a microscopic, mindless mass of cells licensing impersonal fools to rush in at the earliest stage of a pregnancy and dictate, rather than allowing an American to make personal decisions in consultation with friends, family, and medical and spiritual advisers who know her and whom she trusts.
That's if it's Libertarian to believe that taking a life to prevent a consequence of an act that was the choice of those taking that life, is ok.
I'm not sure that it is. But an argument may be made, by a Libertarian, that taking any life for personal benefit and or profit is ok as long as you can get away with it.

That's if it's Libertarian to believe that taking a life to prevent a consequence of an act that was the choice of those taking that life, is ok.
I'm not sure that it is. But an argument may be made, by a Libertarian, that taking any life for personal benefit and or profit is ok as long as you can get away with it.
You are imposing your criteria upon others.

Most folks, libertarian or otherwise, do not deem a microscopic, mindless amalgam of cells to be a person.

No matter what a libertarian's views are concerning abortion, he would likely oppose State intrusion - either politicians and bureaucrats proscribing or prescribing the procedure.

Canada has no legal prohibition regarding abortion, but private decisions are still made based upon ethical and medical considerations free of governmental coersion.

You are imposing your criteria upon others.

Most folks, libertarian or otherwise, do not deem a microscopic, mindless amalgam of cells to be a person.

No matter what a libertarian's views are concerning abortion, he would likely oppose State intrusion - either politicians and bureaucrats proscribing or prescribing the procedure.

Canada has no legal prohibition regarding abortion, but private decisions are still made based upon ethical and medical considerations free of governmental coersion.
But genetics does. Thank the light for science…

A microscopic, mindless amalgam of human cells certainly has the potential of developing into a person over time. No doubt about it.
No “potential” about it. Genetics handily proves such. What you seem to rely on is age. All living things age, until they die.

No “potential” about it. Genetics handily proves such. What you seem to rely on is age. All living things age, until they die.
If you wish to equate a microscopic, mindless entity, with a person, that is your prerogative.

Please respect those who recognize a significant difference, and don't want the State demanding that everyone regard them as the same.

If you wish to equate a microscopic, mindless entity, with a person, that is your prerogative.

Please respect those who recognize a significant difference, and don't want the State demanding that everyone regard them as the same.
I won’t do that. Mainly because we have laws against murder. Unless… The government can come to terms with all of us deciding who is, and isn’t human, according to our own individual desires… Then we each have free reign to kill according to our own beliefs. I could get on board with that. Though I suspect many would dislike the outcome…

Forum List

Back