Abortion: A Political Discussion

As more and more young women choose not to have kids(a brave and moral choice) abortion will go away on its own. Combine that with promoting contraception and the nation is better.
You want the nation to disappear? Doesn't sound "better" to me.

What does abortion have to do with “Marxist Totalitarianism?”

Who is imposing what views?

If abortion is legal then each person is free to make their own decision based on their own conscience and views. Nothing is being imposed on them.

In many of those states that have banned abortion….there are majorities that do not agree with them.
Coyote. I took a few years off from this board because of the impossibility of a mature discussion. I don't blame it on you---you can't help it if your board happened to draw a preponderance of petulant children.

I ought to insist that you address and legitimately undertake to respond to the question I posed in the OP, and as the Big Dog on this board, you ought to feel a responsibility to do so. But you must not.

Marxists must have total control. It is basically a maxim. When people in California, whose abortion rights will never be affected by the recent court decision (which stated that it is a decision to be made by the "democratic" majority of each state (See 10th amendment)---when such people---who will not be affected---are so exercised and up in arms, and you will likely admit you are one---about the Abortion ruling, then they : 1) either don't understand that they won't be affected (that's Ignorance) or they want to impose their California views on the Democratic Majority in Arkansas (that's Marxist)---that was the question posed by the OP.

Your second point which effectively say that "democracy" (rule by the majority) does not exist in states that have outcomes you don't agree with---that one does not seem to merit a response.

Do you accept that Arkansas has the right to enact it's own laws on abortion?

Even in red states, sizable numbers of people believe abortion should be legal, particularly younger people.

View attachment 817692
I myself live in a Red State and believe abortion should be legal---within limits not including late term abortion for any reason---when the child could live if delivered instead of being killed then delivered.

I myself live in a Red State and believe abortion should be legal---within limits not including late term abortion for any reason---when the child could live if delivered instead of being killed then delivered.
We are in agreement, mostly (I live in a red state). I believe abortion should be unrestricted until viability. Past that point only in cases of mother’s life/health or fetal defects incompatible with life.

Republicans had better realize that abortion is settled law, and is a state by state issue before they get the young voters riled up like in 2022.

Coyote. I took a few years off from this board because of the impossibility of a mature discussion. I don't blame it on you---you can't help it if your board happened to draw a preponderance of petulant children.
There are plenty for sure….I’ll leave it at that.

I ought to insist that you address and legitimately undertake to respond to the question I posed in the OP, and as the Big Dog on this board, you ought to feel a responsibility to do so. But you must not.
The primary responsibility is on the OP to maintain the focus in his own thread ;). If the OP doesn’t, then the topic must not be that important to him

You chose to go off on Marxism etc. … which was puzzling given the the topic :dunno:

Marxists must have total control. It is basically a maxim.
Total control…like trying to prevent people within a state from accessing abortion care outside that state?

It sounds like the state now owns a woman’s body and can restrict her freedom simply because she is pregnant.

Or like nationally banning a safe, often used abortion drug? I don’t understand this concept of “leaving it up to the states” here.

When people in California, whose abortion rights will never be affected by the recent court decision (which stated that it is a decision to be made by the "democratic" majority of each state (See 10th amendment)---when such people---who will not be affected---are so exercised and up in arms, and you will likely admit you are one---about the Abortion ruling, then they : 1) either don't understand that they won't be affected (that's Ignorance) or they want to impose their California views on the Democratic Majority in Arkansas (that's Marxist)---that was the question posed by the OP.
…well, there is the problem…”won’t be effected”. Arkansas is trying to impose their Arkansas views on California.

The problem with this is the assumption that the anti-abortion movement and the states they influence want to limit their influence to their own states.

Your second point which effectively say that "democracy" (rule by the majority) does not exist in states that have outcomes you don't agree with---that one does not seem to merit a response.
It has nothing to do with whether I agree or not. Modern gerrymandering (with ”surgical precision”) has turned it into a tyranny of the minority.

Do you accept that Arkansas has the right to enact it's own laws on abortion?
A right? Yes. But not an unlimited right.

What does abortion have to do with “Marxist Totalitarianism?”

Who is imposing what views?

If abortion is legal then each person is free to make their own decision based on their own conscience and views. Nothing is being imposed on them.

In many of those states that have banned abortion….there are majorities that do not agree with them.

Abortion is but one of many issues being forced on red states.

Sanctuary city status is also forced upon red states as is the climate agenda. And the gender cult is also preached to schools in red states across the country.

Those in red states have completely lost their government and have zero representation. Making abortion legal in all of them will basically complete the cycle of Marxist oppression.

The reason you don't see it is because you have bought into the notion of celebrating Leftist diversity, which is akin to everyone embracing the group think of the democrat party. Anything else is fascism and intolerable.

Last edited:
1692785706542.png

Bow down and worship the fetal viability fairy.

Only until she waves her magic wand over the womb will it be human, and only the woman and the abortion doctor will determine this, assuming they even try.

No matter, its none of our business, is it.

Abortion is but one of many issues being forced on red states.

I would disagree that abortion is being “forced” on red states, it seems rather the opposite.

Sanctuary city status is also forced upon red states as is the climate agenda. And the gender cult is also preached to schools in red states across the country.

Those in red states have completely lost their government and have zero representation. Making abortion legal in all of them will basically complete the cycle of Marxist oppression.

How so?
Red states have passed and are attempting to pass restrictive legislation attacking free speech and the availability of books, the ability of people to seek appropriate medical care or even choose how they want to identify themselves, turning ordinary citizens into criminals.

Red states have used their legislative hammer and turned pregnant women into a separate, lower class, subjecting them to a different standard of medical care and limiting their rights and freedom.

Red states are currently focused on making the most popular and safe early abortion drug illegal across the country and prohibiting their own citizens from accessing it. They have legislatively threatened doctors in other states who provide abortions and people who drive or help pay for abortions of residents in their own state.

Tell me again how
Those in red states have completely lost their government and have zero representation.

…because from where I sit they hold a great deal of legislative power and use it it to restrict freedoms of others even outside their boundaries. That legislative power, however, does not seem to necessarily line up with the popular will of the state citizenry as residents pass initiatives to confirm a women’s right to an abortion. That’s democracy,right?
The reason you don't see it is because you have bought into the notion of celebrating Leftist diversity, which is akin to everyone embracing the group think of the democrat party. Anything else is fascism and intolerable.
Make up your mind.

Marxism is a leftist ideology.
Fascism is a rightist ideology created in opposition to Marxism.

You can’t be both. The concept of a state owning its citizens is fascist, and that is precisely what red states are doing in their legislative culture war.

View attachment 818392
Bow down and worship the fetal viability fairy.

Only until she waves her magic wand over the womb will it be human, and only the woman and the abortion doctor will determine this, assuming they even try.

No matter, its none of our business, is it.
Nope. It sure isn’t your business.

And BTW, abortion is really NOT a political issue.

It is a medical one between and woman, her family and their doctor.

That is how it will be again in all of America.
The government is involved in all medical decisions. Why should abortion be exempt?

In those states that voted on Abortion…..Abortion won

That is why Republicans don’t want a vote

This was and always has been an issue for the states to resolve. When members of a states electorate abdicate their rights to the federal government they diminish and undermine their responsibilities and systematically undermine the republic.

It doesn’t seem to be a “dead issue”.

No, it isn't. The fight against people like you who want abortion up to birth (and even a little bit after) is ongoing. Good vs. evil.

But isnt that one of the repubs argument against abortions? That the procedure is unsafe for the woman?
I don't think I've heard that argument, but if true then banning abortions would reduce the number of women dying. However, I'm not a Republican so their arguments aren't really relevant to me.

Really. Only if it is the Republican ones, who insist that eople should not have health care.
You ever hear of a federal agency called the FDA which decides which medicines are legal? Democrats love that bureaucracy even though it gets between doctors and patients.

Forum List

Back