ABC News radio promoting BLATANT fake news.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Listening to the news on the radio as I drive to work and it's just laughable.

The man has REPEATEDLY said that the Trump organization is now a convicted felon. Not the man convicted but the Trump organization. He then went on to suggest that the banks should all cancel their business with Trump because his organization is now a convicted felon.

Problem is that is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE. Businesses are not charged or convicted of felonies. Individuals in businesses are.

The blatant bias is so laughable.

The man has REPEATEDLY said that the Trump organization is now a convicted felon. Not the man convicted but the Trump organization. He then went on to suggest that the banks should all cancel their business with Trump because his organization is now a convicted felon.

Problem is that is LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE. Businesses are not charged or convicted of felonies. Individuals in businesses are.

Wasn't you right wingers that said corporations should be treated as people?

But contrary to what we may hear from Elizabeth Warren and ThinkProgress, corporations are, as a matter of fact, people in the eyes of the law. They have been since the beginning of the American republic, making corporate personhood deeply rooted in our legal and constitutional tradition.

When conservatives point out, as Mitt Romney notably did in his presidential campaign, that corporations are and should be considered people for certain purposes, they're pointing out what the left seems to have forgotten. They're pointing out that, though corporations may not be natural persons — that is, discrete, individual human beings whose rights somehow originate in nature — corporations nevertheless are and should be entitled to certain legal and constitutional rights.

Wasn't you right wingers that said corporations should be treated as people?

But contrary to what we may hear from Elizabeth Warren and ThinkProgress, corporations are, as a matter of fact, people in the eyes of the law. They have been since the beginning of the American republic, making corporate personhood deeply rooted in our legal and constitutional tradition.

When conservatives point out, as Mitt Romney notably did in his presidential campaign, that corporations are and should be considered people for certain purposes, they're pointing out what the left seems to have forgotten. They're pointing out that, though corporations may not be natural persons — that is, discrete, individual human beings whose rights somehow originate in nature — corporations nevertheless are and should be entitled to certain legal and constitutional rights.

The only "rights" they get involve the ability to enter contracts, perform services, pay taxes, and other transaction related concepts. It also allows them to be subject to laws, which if they weren't treated in some way as a person, wouldn't be possible.

They can't vote, their speech rights flow from the fact they are just groupings of people, and they can't hold office.

Businesses are not charged or convicted of felonies. Individuals in businesses are.
This is not true. Corporations can be charged w/ crimes:
There are a number of ways that corporations can be held criminally liable. Some of the most common include:
  • Violating federal laws, such as the Clean Air Act or the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations
  • Making false statements to government agencies
  • Fraudulent activities, such as wire fraud, mail fraud, or securities fraud
  • Money laundering
  • Bribery

• Banned
This is not true. Corporations can be charged w/ crimes:
There are a number of ways that corporations can be held criminally liable. Some of the most common include:
  • Violating federal laws, such as the Clean Air Act or the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations
  • Making false statements to government agencies
  • Fraudulent activities, such as wire fraud, mail fraud, or securities fraud
  • Money laundering
  • Bribery
Corporations can be FINED and civily taken to court. I have NEVER heard of a BUSINESS being found guilty of a felony. EVER

BUSINESSES ARE FINED all the time

Especially since an appeal will surely be forthcoming.

Corporations can be FINED and civily taken to court. I have NEVER heard of a BUSINESS being found guilty of a felony. EVER

Companies convicted of felonies in the United StatesEdit

The only thing laughable is your willful ignorance.

Yes, Trump's company is convicted of a felony.

More fake news.

Those companies were FINED

Their executives were charged with felonies not the corporation

I have NEVER heard of a BUSINESS being found guilty of a felony. EVER
Google is your friend:
The jury found the two entities of the Trump Organization guilty as charged on all counts, including scheme to defraud, conspiracy, criminal tax fraud and falsifying business records.
The two entities -- the Trump Corporation and the Trump Payroll Corporation -- were accused of paying the personal expenses of some executives without reporting them as income, and of compensating them as independent contractors instead of full-time employees.

The felony convictions carry fines totaling up to $1.7 million.

Three of ADM's top officials, including vice chairman Michael Andreas were eventually sentenced to federal prison in 1999. Moreover, in 1997, the company was fined $100 million

The executives were convicted of felonies NOT THE BUSINESSES

LOL

Three of ADM's top officials, including vice chairman Michael Andreas were eventually sentenced to federal prison in 1999. Moreover, in 1997, the company was fined $100 million

The executives were convicted of felonies NOT THE BUSINESSES

LOL
read your links
This is a list of corporations that have pleaded guilty to, no contest to, or been convicted of a felony offense or multiple felonies in a state or federal court within the United States, and not had the conviction(s) overturned on appeal.

Now you've now heard of some convicted corporations

read your links
This is a list of corporations that have pleaded guilty to, no contest to, or been convicted of a felony offense or multiple felonies in a state or federal court within the United States, and not had the conviction(s) overturned on appeal.

Now you've now heard of some convicted corporations
I clicked on your link and pasted the relevant part. You lied.

I'll post again....

I'll post again....

first off you said you've never heard of a corporation being convicted now you have.
secondly I posted over 20 examples and what you responded with is nonsense.

first off you said you've never heard of a corporation being convicted now you have.
secondly I posted over 20 examples and what you responded with is nonsense.
I'm at lunch I don't have time to hump your leg. I clicked on you link and checked one example and you were wrong.

Furthermore if I am wrong and the reporter was right citing the conviction against the Trump organization for a felony should be easy.
Get to it, otherwise fuck off

I'm at lunch I don't have time to hump your leg. I clicked on you link and checked one example and you were wrong.

Furthermore if I am wrong and the reporter was right citing the conviction against the Trump organization for a felony should be easy.
Get to it, otherwise fuck off
the trump company was on the list

CNN)A Manhattan jury has found two Trump Organization companies guilty on multiple charges of criminal tax fraud and falsifying business records connected to a 15-year scheme to defraud tax authorities by failing to report and pay taxes on compensation for top executives.

You have yet to provide a court documented case of a BUSINESS being convicted of a felony.
Which part of "The felony convictions carry fines totaling up to $1.7 million" are you struggling with?
I have no intention of providing you with more proof simply because you refuse to admit you are wrong.
Just Google "can corporations be convicted of felonies" and enjoy.

I'll post again....

your words

expand...

Which part of "The felony convictions carry fines totaling up to $1.7 million" are you struggling with?
I have no intention of providing you with more proof simply because you refuse to admit you are wrong.
Just Google "can corporations be convicted of felonies" and enjoy.
I did it for him

Forum List

Back