A widow believed coronavirus killed her husband. It took weeks to learn the truth

Everyone who needs a test can get a test? We're not undercounting C19 deaths?? ALL BS - Sad :confused:

<snips>

For Julie Murillo, the fight to get her husband tested for COVID-19 lasted twice as long as his battle with the illness itself.​
Julio Ramirez fell sick March 8 after returning from a trip to Indiana for his job as a sales representative for a jewelry company. Fearing he’d been exposed to the coronavirus, the 43-year-old sought care, but doctors refused to test him on two separate occasions, instead giving him medication and telling him to rest at his San Gabriel home.​
He died there March 16.​
Nearly three weeks later, after a campaign by Murillo that included calling government agencies and hiring a private autopsy firm, a team from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health visited the funeral home where Ramirez’s body was being kept. Test results confirmed what Murillo had suspected: Her husband had contracted the coronavirus.​
Three days after they visited the urgent care, Murillo could not wake Ramirez when she went to check on him. She called 911, and when first responders arrived, they told her he’d been dead for several hours.​
“From finding my husband to trying to find a pulse on him to dragging him off the bed onto the floor — it’s just a vision that I can’t shake,” she said.​
“Everything is just a blur, what happened. And when I start getting a clear mind, then I start getting upset that maybe somehow this could have been prevented or he could at least have had a fighting chance.”​

Full:

So why wasn't a autopsy done and the test done during the autopsy?

This falls on City and County Officials and if it took her three weeks for the County to act then she need to rip their asses a new one because it is their job to test if a person died and the result could be from Covid-19...

So who do you blame for this?

It was in the cut/paste.. Covid was CONFIRMED post mortem...

Still, this falls on the County Officials, and yet Trump will be blamed...

Gonna be hard in any case "to blame Trump" because the short trip to Research, Design and Approve those test kits took more than a YEAR OFF the normal bureaucratic red tape...

Don't think the failure here is politics.. It's a disconnect between the patient, the wife and his doctors...

That is not how the Op is attempting to spin it and the failure is actually the county officials after the death.

Before the death it would have been the doctor failure but to administer the test after the death ( if a test was available ) would fall on the County Health Department and the coroner's office.

It took her three weeks because of the backlog of cases and the short supply of tests seeing the test is new but this will not stop trying to make this about how Trump failed the woman while not understanding how being tested is not as easy as they believe it is.

We have over three hundred million people in this country and getting the amount of tests needed to test everyone not once but twice because of possible faulty test kits that will give a false reading will take time...

In the end any failure after the death is on the County Officials because the man should have been tested so the community needed to know and be tested...

Nobody is advocating the testing of 330 million people. Spot testing sample areas to the tune of around a million a day for a month along with aggressive contact tracing is required PRONTO if y'all REALLY wanna open everything back up and have the public's confidence.

Everyone who needs a test can get a test? We're not undercounting C19 deaths?? ALL BS - Sad :confused:

<snips>

For Julie Murillo, the fight to get her husband tested for COVID-19 lasted twice as long as his battle with the illness itself.​
Julio Ramirez fell sick March 8 after returning from a trip to Indiana for his job as a sales representative for a jewelry company. Fearing he’d been exposed to the coronavirus, the 43-year-old sought care, but doctors refused to test him on two separate occasions, instead giving him medication and telling him to rest at his San Gabriel home.​
He died there March 16.​
Nearly three weeks later, after a campaign by Murillo that included calling government agencies and hiring a private autopsy firm, a team from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health visited the funeral home where Ramirez’s body was being kept. Test results confirmed what Murillo had suspected: Her husband had contracted the coronavirus.​
Three days after they visited the urgent care, Murillo could not wake Ramirez when she went to check on him. She called 911, and when first responders arrived, they told her he’d been dead for several hours.​
“From finding my husband to trying to find a pulse on him to dragging him off the bed onto the floor — it’s just a vision that I can’t shake,” she said.​
“Everything is just a blur, what happened. And when I start getting a clear mind, then I start getting upset that maybe somehow this could have been prevented or he could at least have had a fighting chance.”​

Full:

This falls on City and County Officials and if it took her three weeks for the County to act then she need to rip their asses a new one because it is their job to test if a person died and the result could be from Covid-19...

Gonna be hard in any case "to blame Trump" because the short trip to Research, Design and Approve those test kits took more than a YEAR OFF the normal bureaucratic red tape...

Don't think the failure here is politics.. It's a disconnect between the patient, the wife and his doctors...

That is not how the Op is attempting to spin it and the failure is actually the county officials after the death.

Before the death it would have been the doctor failure but to administer the test after the death ( if a test was available ) would fall on the County Health Department and the coroner's office.

It took her three weeks because of the backlog of cases and the short supply of tests seeing the test is new but this will not stop trying to make this about how Trump failed the woman while not understanding how being tested is not as easy as they believe it is.

We have over three hundred million people in this country and getting the amount of tests needed to test everyone not once but twice because of possible faulty test kits that will give a false reading will take time...

In the end any failure after the death is on the County Officials because the man should have been tested so the community needed to know and be tested...

Nobody is advocating the testing of 330 million people. Spot testing sample areas to the tune of around a million a day for a month along with aggressive contact tracing is required PRONTO if y'all REALLY wanna open everything back up and have the public's confidence.

A million a day for thirty days, is 300 million....

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

Keep blaming Trump and not China or the WHO and the governors and the former administration and Biden won't win a single state in November....
Why not blame both trump and China? Efforts by both were too little, too late, while trying to downplay the whole thing as nothing to worry about.

Yep, there isn't a medium to large city in this country that isn't rationing because they're running on test fumes.

And how many "medium to large cities" in the US have YOU been to lately???

Since the statewide stay at home order from Governor Kate Brown came in a few weeks ago? None. I was in Portland twice in early-mid January for flights and such. Why?

I should also note that my local hospital - Provident - which is the largest in my smaller county of 55,000 canceled my annual physical next month. They've shut down on everything but emergencies. I asked the gal who called about cases here and they have four total.

Also asked her if they were testing. She said they had no test kits either. That was two weeks ago, perhaps something has changed.

My daughter is in Med research grad school at the big city Univ.. The main campus of the hospital is a ghost town... A lot of BAD side effects are happening... Cardiologists are PLEADING WITH folks to call 911.. But they fear that folks are NOT choosing to go to the ERoom.. ERs in major cities are seeing TROUBLING declines in patients presenting for heart/stroke problems.. People I'm caring for in family have had MOST routine appointments canceled. And in the case of my 88 yr old MinLaw, we just DELAYED an appointment for a bladder cancer recheck rather than EXPOSING her to the hospital she was booked at...

People are GONNA DIE from the shutdown.. Either being afraid of GOING for med care or by suicides which are increasing.. Covid in America is STILL less than a 2% problem... Do the math.. Even EXPAND #reported case by 3 for #infected -- it's STILL less than 2% of Americans affected..

Great Depression saw a 5% RISE in suicides over about 3 or 5 years.. Compare THAT to Covid...

Yep, there isn't a medium to large city in this country that isn't rationing because they're running on test fumes.

Since the statewide stay at home order from Governor Kate Brown came in a few weeks ago? None. I was in Portland twice in early-mid January for flights and such. Why?

I should also note that my local hospital - Provident - which is the largest in my smaller county of 55,000 canceled my annual physical next month. They've shut down on everything but emergencies. I asked the gal who called about cases here and they have four total.

Also asked her if they were testing. She said they had no test kits either. That was two weeks ago, perhaps something has changed.

My daughter is in Med research grad school at the big city Univ.. The main campus of the hospital is a ghost town... A lot of BAD side effects are happening... Cardiologists are PLEADING WITH folks to call 911.. But they fear that folks are NOT choosing to go to the ERoom.. ERs in major cities are seeing TROUBLING declines in patients presenting for heart/stroke problems.. People I'm caring for in family have had MOST routine appointments canceled. And in the case of my 88 yr old MinLaw, we just DELAYED an appointment for a bladder cancer recheck rather than EXPOSING her to the hospital she was booked at...

People are GONNA DIE from the shutdown.. Either being afraid of GOING for med care or by suicides which are increasing.. Covid in America is STILL less than a 2% problem... Do the math.. Even EXPAND #reported case by 3 for #infected -- it's STILL less than 2% of Americans affected..

Great Depression saw a 5% RISE in suicides over about 3 or 5 years.. Compare THAT to Covid...

A 5% rise in suicides (assuming you didn't pull that number out of yer butt ;-) doesn't equate to 60 to 100 thousand deaths from COVID (assuming we can keep it that small). There are around 50,000 suicides per year in this country. A 5% increase would total 2500 additional suicides. Not hardly comparable to the C19 deaths we've already seen.

Trump is fear mongering.

A 5% rise in suicides (assuming you didn't pull that number out of yer butt ;-) doesn't equate to 60 to 100 thousand deaths from COVID (assuming we can keep it that small). There are around 50,000 suicides per year in this country. A 5% increase would total 2500 additional suicides. Not hardly comparable to the C19 deaths we've already seen.

Trump is fear mongering.

You're right.. I need to look again.. But that increase was VERY large... And right now we're seeing spike in suicides as businesses fail and folks run out of jobs, cash reserves, and hope..

Here it is..

suicide-chart.jpg

Let's call it 4 per 100,000 and conservatively 4 years long.. For the SPIKE -- that's an additional 12,000 deaths in today's population.. But over 2 or 4 years -- you'd be talking about 20,000 or 50,000... AND that won't include OTHER mental health issues....

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

Keep blaming Trump and not China or the WHO and the governors and the former administration and Biden won't win a single state in November....
Why not blame both trump and China? Efforts by both were too little, too late, while trying to downplay the whole thing as nothing to worry about.
How can you say Trump acted too late?...the WHO was giving the world a false sense of security....China was lying....The entire world knows this but you I guess...Trump was shutting down travel and the WHO was saying he was over reacting...Pelosi and Biden were calling him a racist....and saying he was over reacting.....thank God Trump didn't listen....you should thank Trump and start capitalizing his name properly....show some respect for crying out loud...didn't you learn anything growing up?...

Here it is..

suicide-chart.jpg

Let's call it 4 per 100,000 and conservatively 4 years long.. For the SPIKE -- that's an additional 12,000 deaths in today's population.. But over 2 or 4 years -- you'd be talking about 20,000 or 50,000... AND that won't include OTHER mental health issues....

We're likely to have a vaccine within a year. Assuming we survive the Trumpists anxious to open things back open, idiot governors and Donnie's incompetence, the nightmare should be over at latest by Fall 2021.

Trump should have tested illegals working at meat packing plants that will now shut down from covid infection. But instead he had elites tested at Telluride ski resort & Fisher Island. Now more store shelves will be bare.

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

You just did advocated testing everyone...

Fact is everyone must be tested to curb the outbreak and just spot testing is just doing nothing.

Trump should have tested illegals working at meat packing plants that will now shut down from covid infection. But instead he had elites tested at Telluride ski resort & Fisher Island. Now more store shelves will be bare.

1. Nonsense.

2. Testing is a State, County and City issue.

3. Nonsense on your illegal comment and shelves being empty...

1. Nonsense.

Today meat coolers were half empty already at Kroger, Aldi, Save A Lot & Walmart. It will soon be as hard to find as toilet paper. Enjoy your new diet, at least you won't need much toilet paper when your starving! LOL!

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

Yeah OK... Now I got it.. Because like I said above, the testing is arranged on the COUNTY level.. So depending on the DATE of this sad story, it MIGHT have been too early to SEND them there to BOTH get tested... You're right..

As far as "testing everyone", if you LISTENED to the Prez and Fauci and Birx, the hang-up is -- Ironically enough - that the companies MAKING the test kits are SLOWED by the fact that the components in the kits, (reagents, chemicals, pharma, supplies) ALL COME FROM CHINA !!! And they can't get orders FILLED to scale up to THAT magnitude.. In fact, heard Gov Cuomo TODAY give that bad news also....

Take note -- Trump will be right on losing our supply chains to China also when this is unraveled...

1. Nonsense.

Today meat coolers were half empty already at Kroger, Aldi, Save A Lot & Walmart. It will soon be as hard to find as toilet paper. Enjoy your new diet, at least you won't need much toilet paper when your starving! LOL!

You love that don't ya??? moron...

Maybe TOO much faith in medical advice.. That KILLS a lot of patients actually.. IIRC -- about 300,000 patients per year... NOBODY should face this "medical error" alone.. Not at home or in a hospital.. SOMEBODY has to advocate for the very sick and QUESTION the medical recommendations..

I know that's CONTRARY to a lot of people's thinking, but having worked around hospitals and medical products, I KNOW this to be a fact.. Seen too many "hasty judgements turn out to be COMPLETELY wrong...
Thanks flacaltenn for all your good points and posts here.
(A) according to research by Don McCormick of PPC, he cites a study showing 700,000 deaths per year from medical mishaps including wrong dosages
(B) this is his main motivation for promoting nonprofit medical cooperatives that improve the quality while reducing costs of care by re establishing direct accountable relations between patients paying providers directly. So the incentive is restored to serve patients effectively to reduce costs, not increase charges for no reason. The direct associations restore the patient advocacy, and the nonprofit saves such money from cutting out insurance profits and bureaucratic overhead waste that the programs can pay advocates and providers to work for the patient, as consistent with the tradition of house calls and hippocratic oath, instead of worrying about insurance claims and liability suits affecting the costs and limits on services.

I hope the greater awareness and demand to lower the patient ratio to doctors and to hospitals will speed up the process of setting up cooperative health care facilities and benefits in every district so we can normalize medical services by responsible free market choices and business sense. Www.medcoops.info www.ppcwebsite.org

Forum List

Back