A widow believed coronavirus killed her husband. It took weeks to learn the truth

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
Everyone who needs a test can get a test? We're not undercounting C19 deaths?? ALL BS - Sad :confused:

<snips>

For Julie Murillo, the fight to get her husband tested for COVID-19 lasted twice as long as his battle with the illness itself.​
Julio Ramirez fell sick March 8 after returning from a trip to Indiana for his job as a sales representative for a jewelry company. Fearing he’d been exposed to the coronavirus, the 43-year-old sought care, but doctors refused to test him on two separate occasions, instead giving him medication and telling him to rest at his San Gabriel home.​
He died there March 16.​
Nearly three weeks later, after a campaign by Murillo that included calling government agencies and hiring a private autopsy firm, a team from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health visited the funeral home where Ramirez’s body was being kept. Test results confirmed what Murillo had suspected: Her husband had contracted the coronavirus.​
Three days after they visited the urgent care, Murillo could not wake Ramirez when she went to check on him. She called 911, and when first responders arrived, they told her he’d been dead for several hours.​
“From finding my husband to trying to find a pulse on him to dragging him off the bed onto the floor — it’s just a vision that I can’t shake,” she said.​
“Everything is just a blur, what happened. And when I start getting a clear mind, then I start getting upset that maybe somehow this could have been prevented or he could at least have had a fighting chance.”​

Full:

Everyone who needs a test can get a test? We're not undercounting C19 deaths?? ALL BS - Sad :confused:

<snips>

For Julie Murillo, the fight to get her husband tested for COVID-19 lasted twice as long as his battle with the illness itself.​
Julio Ramirez fell sick March 8 after returning from a trip to Indiana for his job as a sales representative for a jewelry company. Fearing he’d been exposed to the coronavirus, the 43-year-old sought care, but doctors refused to test him on two separate occasions, instead giving him medication and telling him to rest at his San Gabriel home.​
He died there March 16.​
Nearly three weeks later, after a campaign by Murillo that included calling government agencies and hiring a private autopsy firm, a team from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health visited the funeral home where Ramirez’s body was being kept. Test results confirmed what Murillo had suspected: Her husband had contracted the coronavirus.​
Three days after they visited the urgent care, Murillo could not wake Ramirez when she went to check on him. She called 911, and when first responders arrived, they told her he’d been dead for several hours.​
“From finding my husband to trying to find a pulse on him to dragging him off the bed onto the floor — it’s just a vision that I can’t shake,” she said.​
“Everything is just a blur, what happened. And when I start getting a clear mind, then I start getting upset that maybe somehow this could have been prevented or he could at least have had a fighting chance.”​

Full:

Keep blaming Trump and not China or the WHO and the governors and the former administration and Biden won't win a single state in November....

Sounds like those doctors and hospital should be hit with a lawsuit.
And no one says we are under counting Covid 19 deaths, dumbass! Just the opposite is the truth. Why we're overestimating the mortality rate for COVID-19

Just think about what you are claiming in order to prop up your leftist hate fest against Trump and how he is
battling this virus.

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

He would have died either way.

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

He would have died either way.

YaY - Dr Dekster has spoken!! :D

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

So why wasn't a autopsy done and the test done during the autopsy?

This falls on City and County Officials and if it took her three weeks for the County to act then she need to rip their asses a new one because it is their job to test if a person died and the result could be from Covid-19...

So who do you blame for this?

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

Quite sad... But, that's a failure of his doctors and their advice and care... Can't READ the link, because I've used up my "free" visits... Any OPINION on this depends on dates... Do YOU have those? Because testing was not widespread until mid March. That's NOT a failure.. It's a fucking miracle that companies COULD respond that fast and the FDA could CLEAR those tests in a matter of DAYS instead of 18 months..

And no -- the argument is NOT that we're undercounting COVID deaths, it's that we're NOT following the coroners guidelines for CAUSE of death.. ALL folks terminally ill or with severe risks are being counted as Covid deaths if they DIED with Covid.. It's a "nuanced" argument about changing the reporting...

IN THIS CASE CVid WAS confirmed post mortem and WAS the cause the death.. My guess is the DATE on this story was at the very beginning of the testing roll-out.. It's a failure of the Emergency clinic to NOT TREAT HIM for covid and MAYBE a failure of not REVISTING that clinic when things got worse... Don't know...

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

This falls on City and County Officials and if it took her three weeks for the County to act then she need to rip their asses a new one because it is their job to test if a person died and the result could be from Covid-19...

It was in the cut/paste.. Covid was CONFIRMED post mortem...

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

Quite sad... But, that's a failure of his doctors and their advice and care... Can't READ the link, because I've used up my "free" visits... Any OPINION on this depends on dates... Do YOU have those? Because testing was not widespread until mid March. That's NOT a failure.. It's a fucking miracle that companies COULD respond that fast and the FDA could CLEAR those tests in a matter of DAYS instead of 18 months..

And no -- the argument is NOT that we're undercounting COVID deaths, it's that we're NOT following the coroners guidelines for CAUSE of death.. ALL folks terminally ill or with severe risks are being counted as Covid deaths if they DIED with Covid.. It's a "nuanced" argument about changing the reporting...

IN THIS CASE CVid WAS confirmed post mortem and WAS the cause the death.. My guess is the DATE on this story was at the very beginning of the testing roll-out.. It's a failure of the Emergency clinic to NOT TREAT HIM for covid and MAYBE a failure of not REVISTING that clinic when things got worse... Don't know...

Some fair points flak - Thanks!

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

Dunno Bruce - Maybe they were out of tests or rationing them bigly because they were running on low? Yep, prolly.

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

Still, this falls on the County Officials, and yet Trump will be blamed...

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

Gonna be hard in any case "to blame Trump" because the short trip to Research, Design and Approve those test kits took more than a YEAR OFF the normal bureaucratic red tape...

Don't think the failure here is politics.. It's a disconnect between the patient, the wife and his doctors...

Maybe TOO much faith in medical advice.. That KILLS a lot of patients actually.. IIRC -- about 300,000 patients per year... NOBODY should face this "medical error" alone.. Not at home or in a hospital.. SOMEBODY has to advocate for the very sick and QUESTION the medical recommendations..

I know that's CONTRARY to a lot of people's thinking, but having worked around hospitals and medical products, I KNOW this to be a fact.. Seen too many "hasty judgements turn out to be COMPLETELY wrong...

Yep, there isn't a medium to large city in this country that isn't rationing because they're running on test fumes.

NO -- the idiot meme pic just posted is there because the TESTING SITES are temporary installations NOT CONNECTED with hospitals and clinics.. ANYONE can find a county health service that is OFFERING the testing.. They just don't want sick folks descending unscreened at the WRONG PLACES demanding a CVid test...

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

Gonna be hard in any case "to blame Trump" because the short trip to Research, Design and Approve those test kits took more than a YEAR OFF the normal bureaucratic red tape...

Don't think the failure here is politics.. It's a disconnect between the patient, the wife and his doctors...

That is not how the Op is attempting to spin it and the failure is actually the county officials after the death.

Before the death it would have been the doctor failure but to administer the test after the death ( if a test was available ) would fall on the County Health Department and the coroner's office.

It took her three weeks because of the backlog of cases and the short supply of tests seeing the test is new but this will not stop trying to make this about how Trump failed the woman while not understanding how being tested is not as easy as they believe it is.

We have over three hundred million people in this country and getting the amount of tests needed to test everyone not once but twice because of possible faulty test kits that will give a false reading will take time...

In the end any failure after the death is on the County Officials because the man should have been tested so the community needed to know and be tested...

<snips>

He died there March 16.​

Full:

Keep blaming Trump and not China or the WHO and the governors and the former administration and Biden won't win a single state in November....
Well that's a lie.

Yep, there isn't a medium to large city in this country that isn't rationing because they're running on test fumes.

And how many "medium to large cities" in the US have YOU been to lately???

Since the statewide stay at home order from Governor Kate Brown came in a few weeks ago? None. I was in Portland twice in early-mid January for flights and such. Why?

I should also note that my local hospital - Provident - which is the largest in my smaller county of 55,000 canceled my annual physical next month. They've shut down on everything but emergencies. I asked the gal who called about cases here and they have four total.

Also asked her if they were testing. She said they had no test kits either. That was two weeks ago, perhaps something has changed.

Forum List

Back