A West Wing Special To Benefit When We All Vote

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
The show dropped today on HBO Max only. I've watched it twice and it is fantastic. The show is a filmed teleplay of an episode called Hartsfield's Landing. Hartsfield's Landing is a fictional town based on Dixville Notch in New Hampshire. In real life, Dixville Notch votes seven minutes after midnight on election day and the votes are counted at 12:15 AM or so. There are like 50 people who live there. In the episode, they botch the sequence of events and have Hartsfield Landing voting at midnight in the primaries. I don't think Dixville Notch does that for primaries. And in the show they say that the town has predicted the winner of every presidential election. Well, if they are voting in a primary, they are electing nominees...and there are one for each party. So one of the people that wins Hartsfield's Landing has to lose in the General.

The production has messages between acts. "When we all vote" is an organization that does voter outreach and information. It's chaired by Former First Lady Michelle Obama so you can imagine the lean. The "usual suspects" show up, Bill Clinton, Samuel Jackson, Marlee Matlin, Lin Manuel Miranda... It wasn't meant to be impartial I'm guessing.

In the episode...the Chinese are going to run exercises on an unprecedented scale if Taiwan wanted to announce--just announce--that they will have an election for independence. Taiwan has to put 400,000 troops on high alert just to make the announcement. Meanwhile, the political guys in the West Wing are trying to pressure a few of the voters in Hartsfield's Landing to make sure that Bartlet (the President on the show) wins the vote because if he doesn't, until 8PM that night, the only thing the press will report is that he didn't win. The similarities between what they were doing and what the Chinese were doing is brought into focus....intimidation....even as subtle as it may be in Hartsfield's Landing.

The show itself is something I've never seen before; a filmed teleplay. The actual broadcast back in 2001 (I believe) was much more conventional and flat out better. John Spencer's character of Chief of Staff Leo McGary wasn't well served by having Sterling K. Brown perform the role. McGarry was born 30 years before Brown and radiated a senior official. Brown is a splendid actor but looks much younger than the people he's managing. Not that you can't be an effective younger manager. But Spencer made the role his. They would have benefitted greatly by having an older actor do the job.

If you watched the series, you should spend an hour and watch this one.

edward-bernays-791322.jpg

..do you pee in your pants because you are so EXCITED watching it??
...jesus christ people, it's just a TV show!!!
..and it has the racists white haters for the messages...and the Clinton frauds-no wonder you ''pee'' in your pants

The Prog perfectionists who all do such a perfect job for all the citizens. To be followed by The American President. Such glorious propaganda.

..and it has the racists white haters for the messages...and the Clinton frauds-no wonder you ''pee'' in your pants
Not worth a response. I'm glad to see that it made you upset.

The Prog perfectionists who all do such a perfect job for all the citizens. To be followed by The American President. Such glorious propaganda.

Clearly you never watched the show.

Most often it was about how they let down citizens.
...and compromised and scrambled. It was a good series.

I often wonder why the genre of high brown political dramas subsided. I think you may see a reboot of a similar series on the movie channels in some form. It won't be the same--there will be a lot more sex than was on the WW which almost had no sex. Its a matter of inventory. All of the summer block busters that they normally show during the Winter aren't going to be there this Winter. Eventually, they will start losing subscribers because I love to watch Armageddon re-runs but I'm not paying $10 a month to do so.

The only obvious answer is to have more original programming. Hopefully, a show that was successful like TWW will be resurrected in some form with good writing, actors who have some chemistry, and a few lofty ideal thrown in.

In the original showing of Hartsfield's Landing, it ended with President Bartlett telling his Deputy Communications Secretary Sam Seaborne..."Sam, you're going to run for president one day. Don't be scared. I believe in you." It clearly sets up a sequel that was never made. Until now...MAYBE. LOL

I often wonder why the genre of high brown political dramas subsided. I think you may see a reboot of a similar series on the movie channels in some form. It won't be the same--there will be a lot more sex than was on the WW which almost had no sex. Its a matter of inventory. All of the summer block busters that they normally show during the Winter aren't going to be there this Winter. Eventually, they will start losing subscribers because I love to watch Armageddon re-runs but I'm not paying $10 a month to do so.

The only obvious answer is to have more original programming. Hopefully, a show that was successful like TWW will be resurrected in some form with good writing, actors who have some chemistry, and a few lofty ideal thrown in.

In the original showing of Hartsfield's Landing, it ended with President Bartlett telling his Deputy Communications Secretary Sam Seaborne..."Sam, you're going to run for president one day. Don't be scared. I believe in you." It clearly sets up a sequel that was never made. Until now...MAYBE. LOL
Anything remotely intellectual is unwelcome. Thinking is just too much effort. Only emotional response is necessary, fueled by a vocabulary that parrots favored "celebrities". .

Not worth a response. I'm glad to see that it made you upset.
upset--on USMB???!! hahahhaahha
MORE proof your brain is warped by hatred/raicsm/etc

The show dropped today on HBO Max only. I've watched it twice and it is fantastic. The show is a filmed teleplay of an episode called Hartsfield's Landing. Hartsfield's Landing is a fictional town based on Dixville Notch in New Hampshire. In real life, Dixville Notch votes seven minutes after midnight on election day and the votes are counted at 12:15 AM or so. There are like 50 people who live there. In the episode, they botch the sequence of events and have Hartsfield Landing voting at midnight in the primaries. I don't think Dixville Notch does that for primaries. And in the show they say that the town has predicted the winner of every presidential election. Well, if they are voting in a primary, they are electing nominees...and there are one for each party. So one of the people that wins Hartsfield's Landing has to lose in the General.

The production has messages between acts. "When we all vote" is an organization that does voter outreach and information. It's chaired by Former First Lady Michelle Obama so you can imagine the lean. The "usual suspects" show up, Bill Clinton, Samuel Jackson, Marlee Matlin, Lin Manuel Miranda... It wasn't meant to be impartial I'm guessing.

In the episode...the Chinese are going to run exercises on an unprecedented scale if Taiwan wanted to announce--just announce--that they will have an election for independence. Taiwan has to put 400,000 troops on high alert just to make the announcement. Meanwhile, the political guys in the West Wing are trying to pressure a few of the voters in Hartsfield's Landing to make sure that Bartlet (the President on the show) wins the vote because if he doesn't, until 8PM that night, the only thing the press will report is that he didn't win. The similarities between what they were doing and what the Chinese were doing is brought into focus....intimidation....even as subtle as it may be in Hartsfield's Landing.

The show itself is something I've never seen before; a filmed teleplay. The actual broadcast back in 2001 (I believe) was much more conventional and flat out better. John Spencer's character of Chief of Staff Leo McGary wasn't well served by having Sterling K. Brown perform the role. McGarry was born 30 years before Brown and radiated a senior official. Brown is a splendid actor but looks much younger than the people he's managing. Not that you can't be an effective younger manager. But Spencer made the role his. They would have benefitted greatly by having an older actor do the job.

Miranda is a white HATER/racist..I guess that's ok with you?

Miranda is a white HATER/racist..I guess that's ok with you?

Musta failed...there were plenty of white people in the production. Sorry facts get in the way of your silly posts.

Most TV and Movies are either subtly or full force Prog pushed.

Forum List

Back