A theoretical question Lives that Matter

22lcidw

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2018
If there is a White Lives Matter statement or T shirts or anything along those lines, that is attacked as hate and other nastiness. What if it was condensed under ethnic lines. For example....German American Lives Matter? Or Italian American Lives Matter? If you have more then one ethnic and/or cultural background you can put them all on the T shirt or statement or anything else also. We can go on and on. So if Italian American Lives Matter becomes a movement, can they promote Columbus again? And frankly, there may be from my understanding, many of them not happy at what has happened.

"Black lives matter" was never about trying to suggest that other lives don't matter too.
Yet the BLM people get all bent out of shape when told all lives matter. BLM's main focus seems to be the mistreatment of Blacks by Cops. I'm sure that happens; however, in the grand scheme of things, mistreatment by police is probably less that 1% of the problems black people have.

How does saying all lives matter undermine their message?

Because they know that. It's a non sequitur thing to say in response to their message. Why respond that way? They're not implying otherwise. You're making it something it's not.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Yet the BLM people get all bent out of shape when told all lives matter.

Because that's nothing but an attempt to undermine their message. They were never saying all lives don't matter.
Next time your wife asks you if you think she’s beautiful, tell her ‘all women are beautiful.’ Let me know how it goes.

Because they know that. It's a non sequitur thing to say in response to their message. Why respond that way? They're not implying otherwise. You're making it something it's not.
Perhaps they (and you) are making it something it's not. Why not simply agree that all lives matter and move on....unless all lives do not matter.

Because that's nothing but an attempt to undermine their message. They were never saying all lives don't matter.
Next time your wife asks you if you think she’s beautiful, tell her ‘all women are beautiful.’ Let me know how it goes.
Not all women are beautiful, some are dog ugly.

Also, if my wife asks me if she is beautiful, I will tell her that she is the most beautiful woman in the world (to me). So, do black lives matter more than other people's lives?

And what is that point (since I missed it)?

The message is really that black lives are equal to all other lives. You then undermine their message by saying "All lives matter!" That's really what they are saying too. You're just an idiot or something; I don't know.

"Black lives matter" was never about trying to suggest that other lives don't matter too.
Yet the BLM people get all bent out of shape when told all lives matter. BLM's main focus seems to be the mistreatment of Blacks by Cops. I'm sure that happens; however, in the grand scheme of things, mistreatment by police is probably less that 1% of the problems black people have.
Yeah its not a good idea to try and change the subject when someone is telling you what a problem is and then pretend you were listening.

• Thanks
  • Thanks
And what is that point (since I missed it)?

The message is really that black lives are equal to all other lives. You then undermine their message by saying "All lives matter!" That's really what they are saying too. You're just an idiot or something; I don't know.
Since black lives is a subset of all lives, saying that all lives mater does not undermine the message that black lives are equal to all other lives. It's simple logic.

Since black lives is a subset of all lives, saying that all lives mater does not undermine the message that black lives are equal to all other lives. It's simple logic.

So you agree with the message of their movement?

• Thanks
Is he just dishonest or is he an idiot? "All lives matter!" is said in contradiction of "Black lives matter!" He's now saying it's not meant to undermine their message.

• Thanks

Forum List

Back