A theoretical question Lives that Matter

Yet the BLM people get all bent out of shape when told all lives matter.

Because that's nothing but an attempt to undermine their message. They were never saying all lives don't matter.
How does saying all lives matter undermine their message?
Next time your wife asks you if you think she’s beautiful, tell her ‘all women are beautiful.’ Let me know how it goes.
Not all women are beautiful, some are dog ugly.
You miss the point.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Since black lives is a subset of all lives, saying that all lives mater does not undermine the message that black lives are equal to all other lives. It's simple logic.

So you agree with the message of their movement?
I agree with the statement that Black Lives Matter. I also agree that black lives matter as much as the lives of people of any other color. But it seem that the BLM movement focuses on law enforcement much much more than all the other areas in which Black Live Matter.

I agree with the statement that Black Lives Matter. I also agree that black lives matter as much as the lives of people of any other color.

Why does that need to be pointed out unless you believe they don't feel that way too?

• Thanks
Is he just dishonest or is he an idiot? "All lives matter!" is said in contradiction of "Black lives matter!" He's now saying it's not meant to undermine their message.
How does "All lives matter" contradict "Black lives matter"? Please explain that logic.

How does "All lives matter" contradict "Black lives matter"? Please explain that logic.

Because that is what their opposition confronts it with. They chant it back at them in the streets. Stop being an obtuse simpleton.

• Thanks

Because that is what their opposition confronts it with. They chant it back at them in the streets. Stop being an obtuse simpleton.
So does that mean that BLM opposes the thought that All lives Matter? Does saying White Lives Matter or Brown Lives Matter oppose BLM, or is it a simply a statement of fact?

"All Lives Matter" is a statement which is in agreement with "Black Lives Matter". So I refuse to concede that point. If BLM members want to pitch a hissy fit when others say "All Lives Matter" then they have loss me.

The statement “black livers matter” is preemptive racism because it reifies itself at the expense of all other races. This is not democracy, which should crucify it for its arrogance.

"Black lives matter" was never about trying to suggest that other lives don't matter too.
Yet the BLM people get all bent out of shape when told all lives matter. BLM's main focus seems to be the mistreatment of Blacks by Cops. I'm sure that happens; however, in the grand scheme of things, mistreatment by police is probably less that 1% of the problems black people have.
Because it's not true at least not in the United States as the people making that statement know or should know if they had an ounce of intellect or honesty:

This is from the beginning (Texas Declaration of Secession 1845)
She [the state of Texas] was received as a commonwealth holding, maintaining and protecting the institution known as negro slavery--the servitude of the African to the white race within her limits--a relation that had existed from the first settlement of her wilderness by the white race, and which her people intended should exist in all future time
We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.

This is what they determined
"No Rights Which the White Man was Bound to Respect": The Dred Scott Decision

On March 6, 1857, Chief Justice Roger Taney issued what is widely regarded as the worst Supreme Court opinion ever. He noted that the question before the Court was whether African Americans are citizens of the United States and thus able to file suit in federal court. His analysis of that issue is couched in abjectly racist language:​
[African Americans] had for more than a century before been regarded as beings of an inferior order, and altogether unfit to associate with the white race, either in social or political relations; and so far inferior, that they had no rights which the white man was bound to respect; and that the negro might justly and lawfully be reduced to slavery for his benefit. He was bought and sold, and treated as an ordinary article of merchandise and traffic, whenever a profit could be made by it.​
And today the Supreme Court has ruled that even when policies are unfair or adversely impact black lives, it's just too bad (I don't have this citation at my fingertips but I'm sure someone can locate it)

As long as there are people alive who still feel this way (and there are plenty) then it has to be reiterated that Black Lives Matter as well.

• Love
Let me know when white lives have not mattered more than anyone elses. The fact they have is why there are whites who try sabotaging the message BLM promotes with that All Lives Matter bs.

The statement “black livers matter” is preemptive racism because it reifies itself at the expense of all other races. This is not democracy, which should crucify it for its arrogance.
No it's not.

Since black lives is a subset of all lives, saying that all lives mater does not undermine the message that black lives are equal to all other lives. It's simple logic.

So you agree with the message of their movement?
I agree with the statement that Black Lives Matter. I also agree that black lives matter as much as the lives of people of any other color. But it seem that the BLM movement focuses on law enforcement much much more than all the other areas in which Black Live Matter.
Thats because of all the areas this area is where government employees are hired to protect people not single them out, hunt them down, disrespect, intimidate, and kill them.

• Thanks

Forum List

Back