A simple economic lesson... raise capital gains to 43% will do what?

He doesn’t know anything about those things. He just doesn’t want to help the poor. That’s COMMUNISM!!!
Cute try.

I am happy to help folks with learning disabilities, handicaps that prevent them from full-time employment.

No, I'm not willing to help people who made their own bed. Did not finish high school, has drug and alcohol addictions, having kids at a young age with no marriage.

Benjamin-Franklin-M.jpg

Interesting that you think you can read my mind. You really need to get that foil helmet adjusted because it's not working.

Reagan cut income tax rates dramatically, you know that.

Do you think you could do a CEO's job? I'd like to hear how you would manage that. Just for one thing, what's going to happen in your industry over the next 5 years? You have to know so you can steer the company in the right direction. Another, how much capital are you going to be able to raise to expand so you can hire more people and increase production? Give with the details, how would you do as a CEO?

Reagan did. He also started the explosion of the debt.

Whether I can do a ceo job or not doesnt prove your assertion. Besides, even if "most of us" cant do a ceo's job, that does not in and of itself justify the outlandish pay ceo's in America (notice this is an AMERICAN phenomena).
If you don't like the salary packages of top executives, you need to thank President Bill Clinton for that change.

Reagan did. He also started the explosion of the debt.
As you know, President Reagan rescued the country from a horrendous economy left him by the failed President Carter.

As you know too, his tax cuts doubled revenues that decade.

God you people are so stupid.

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe it is not us that are stupid? After all, we are, by and large, the ones who are actually making and managing the amount of money we are talking about. Do you think there is a reason for that or did we just luck into it?

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe it is not us that are stupid? After all, we are, by and large, the ones who are actually making and managing the amount of money we are talking about. Do you think there is a reason for that or did we just luck into it?
You asked me what my point was in one of my posts. I specifically said what the point was in my post.

Whoever is paying you is paying you too much.

What my more wealthy friends tell me is that once incorporated and selling shares to the public, you can pay yourself in stock options, so then only pay capital gains rate on all income.
and?

You asked me what my point was in one of my posts. I specifically said what the point was in my post.

Whoever is paying you is paying you too much.

Or maybe I am very good at what I don't spend all my time being envious of people who are more successful. I would never hire someone with the attitude or apptitude of most liberals on this board.

As you know, President Reagan rescued the country from a horrendous economy left him by the failed President Carter.

As you know too, his tax cuts doubled revenues that decade.

As you know the deficit started the explosion under Reagan. We can never claim that tax cuts are the reasons for increased revenue when we are running huge deficits.

Yes, it is taxed twice - only if it's distributed to stockholders. Part of the total tax is when it's declared by the company, then the other part when it's distributed to stockholders.

If it's not distributed to stockholders, then it's only partially taxed. If the money is reinvested, the total value of the company increases which means the value of the stock increases.

Is that concept too much for you to comprehend?
corporations always send dividends, and every dividend is from Taxed funds. It will always be taxed twice. still ain't using that area between your ears.

OK if that is who is to blame, I'll blame him. Ok so now what are we going to do about it?
Many times, a CEO at a large corporation is paid so much because they are the designated "fall guy" when things go south. The limited liability entailed by the standard corporate charter essentially insulates the owners of the company (stockholders) from accountability. So, they hire unscrupulous people to lead their company with implicit (or explicit) instructions: "Do whatever is necessary to maximize profits. We don't wanna know about the details, just make it happen." If the CEO is caught doing something illegal or unethical, they'll take the hit. The company will, mostly, go on unscathed.

On the flip side, CEO's and entrepreneurs makes so much money because what they do is really, really hard and benefits a lot of people. Organizing large projects is extremely difficult and requires outsized ego and confidence. And, to do effectively, ability.

I don't really care. I don't care what sports superstars earn either. None of it takes a nickel out of my pocket. Does it take anything out of your pocket?
Are you actually saying inequitable pay doesnt take money out of the pockets of people at the bottom and mid tier pay ranges?

There is a guy named Dan Price who is a CEO who has a minimum salary at his credit card processing company of $70k. He started this 7 years ago and his company is doing great. Of course, he slashed his own salary.

Inequity in pay is an American phenomena. It's past time to fix it. Why not let everyone enjoy the fruits of their labor?

Many times, a CEO at a large corporation is paid so much because they are the designated "fall guy" when things go south. The limited liability entailed by the standard corporate charter essentially insulates the owners of the company (stockholders) from accountability. So, they hire unscrupulous people to lead their company with implicit (or explicit) instructions: "Do whatever is necessary to maximize profits. We don't wanna know about the details, just make it happen." If the CEO is caught doing something illegal or unethical, they'll take the hit. The company will, mostly, go on unscathed.

On the flip side, CEO's and entrepreneurs makes so much money because what they do is really, really hard and benefits a lot of people. Organizing large projects is extremely difficult and requires outsized ego and confidence. And, to do effectively, ability.

This is an American problem.

Are you actually saying inequitable pay doesnt take money out of the pockets of people at the bottom and mid tier pay ranges?

There is a guy named Dan Price who is a CEO who has a minimum salary at his credit card processing company of $70k. He started this 7 years ago and his company is doing great. Of course, he slashed his own salary.

Inequity in pay is an American phenomena. It's past time to fix it. Why not let everyone enjoy the fruits of their labor?
That's Dan Price's choice and good for him. How much does he take in stock options?

Everyone does enjoy the fruits of their labor. If you did not, whose fault is it?

As you know too, President Trump's policies increased the wages of low and middle-income workers much more than that of higher-income folks. That isn't happening with President Biden.

Cap%20vs%20Soc-M.png

• Thanks
Reactions: DBA

Forum List

Back